Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the defense improves how?

Why not re-sign Murray (since we have money) and use the 1st pick on defence?

Who's going to come in at #27 and have an impact?

Rookie pass rushers just don't produce straight out of the gate.

davey999

Reaction score
Eagles might not be any better-no WR to scare us, and a QB and RB who are injury prone.
Gmen need OL and DL and RB and DB help before they are scary.

We have just as many holes. No Pass rush, weak LB core. Suspect DB's.

TommyBoy21

Reaction score
Philly tried this a few seasons ago by signing all these big names players in the offseason (Vick, asomugha, etc) and fell flat on their faces.

I'll enjoy watching it happen again this season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Matthews is signed, then Murray, how on earth can they justify $12 million or more on two running backs? No wonder Eagles fans are going crazy.

Don't forget what they're paying Sproles.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Who's going to come in at #27 and have an impact?

Rookie pass rushers just don't produce straight out of the gate.

The defect on our defense to me means we need a Hardy himself or a Hardy type of player big time now. We have either let the average Joe's walk or they left on their own. Only so many of them out there.

dfense

Reaction score
I think celebration is appropriate. At his best he was a very good running back. He's likely used up now. Nowhere near his best anymore. I've actually been hoping that someone would sign him away to keep Jerry and Jason from letting their loyalty cause them to make a mistake.

Agreed. RB is a position for young guys. Freshly drafted hungry young legs. Just don't fumble the ball son. There are at least 4 guys after round 1 that could take over for Murray.

LittleD

Reaction score
The defect on our defense to me means we need a Hardy himself or a Hardy type of player big time now. We have either let the average Joe's walk or they left on their own. Only so many of them out there.

No team is pursuing Hardy or Rice for that matter not even a smoke signal. The Commish has put out the word.

Sydla

Reaction score
Schefter saying members of his family/inner circle are headed to Philly.

Man, I am OK with him leaving, but to Philly? Sucks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agreed. RB is a position for young guys. Freshly drafted hungry young legs. Just don't fumble the ball son. There are at least 4 guys after round 1 that could take over for Murray.

Agreed..

We will miss him in those short yardage situations.. He could finish a run.. Guy has no vision though.

Status
Not open for further replies.