Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Not true in all cases. Peterson reached out to Jerry because he wants a trophy not because he wants to get paid.

The guy rode into his 30th birthday party on a camel. He likes the money and isn't playing for free or any huge discount.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The guy rode into his 30th birthday party on a camel. He likes the money and isn't playing for free or any huge discount.

Did AP hire you to speak for him? Where you listening in on Jerry and AP's phone conversation? You don't know near as much as you think you do.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sure sounds like you did.

The man is already getting paid handsomely on his current team but has little chance of a trophy. Given his current circumstances it's not a stretch to guess only winning a trophy is all that's left to motivate him. And then we have the reports of AP reaching out to Jerry. C'mon, you know he thinks his chance to win a trophy would be much improved in Dallas. But you still don't see it? Instead you think this man's motivation is money and talk like you are his personal spokesman...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
An Orange Peanut for Me?!

orange-peanut.jpg

BoyzfanfromPGH

Reaction score
Am I the only one burned out about AD ( AP ) rumors?? I would love for him to wear the star but right now we have major holes in this Def. We didn't have the media circus behind the crew that joined other team this FA holiday but they balled for us the most part. Who's going to replace Big Bruce, Justin, Henry and Jermey? They wasn't the flashiest but worked for us. IMO the second are the constant let downs outside on Oralando.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're just trying to get something out of this debacle.

Exactly right.

But I think their expectations are sky high and they're experiencing sticker shock at how little teams are willing to give up for a player they know doesn't want to play for his current team.

I just get a kick out of Zimmer stripping his gears by slamming things in reverse so quickly and completely. And then he talks about 'respect' in the same breath. The epitome of hypocrisy.

I have great respect for Zimmer the coach and family man, but it's taking a ding here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The man is already getting paid handsomely on his current team but has little chance of a trophy. Given his current circumstances it's not a stretch to guess only winning a trophy is all that's left to motivate him. And then we have the reports of AP reaching out to Jerry. C'mon, you know he thinks his chance to win a trophy would be much improved in Dallas. But you still don't see it? Instead you think this man's motivation is money and talk like you are his personal spokesman...

That conversation between Peterson and Jones occurred last off season. At that time most pundits had Dallas going 6-10 at best. There were posters on this board that thought Tony Romo was done and the team was headed in the wrong direction. I guess Peterson is a bigger Cowboys fan than I give him credit since he had Superbowl aspirations with Dallas a year ago.

I never said Peterson's only motivation was money, but it is illogical to think that money does not matter. He already has to take a pay cut from his $15 million per year contract. It is unreasonable to think he is going to accept a 50% pay cut to play for Dallas.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/07/zimmer-wants-peterson-back-but-its-a-two-way-street/

The exact quote was "I would respect his decision". It sure doesn't look like Zimmer is doing that now.

No, the exact quote was:

“I would respect Adrian’s decision,” Zimmer said. “I’ll always be honest with him and up front but I’m gonna try to explain to him the reasons why I would like to him to be here.

“But it has to be a two way street and he has to get his life taken care of — but we’ll sit down and talk, but I’m a pretty good recruiter, too.”

joseephuss

Reaction score
Fine. Do you think what they're doing is considered 'respecting his decision'?

They haven't sit down to talk to each other yet as mentioned in Zimmer's quote, so they don't truly know what is Peterson's decision.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They haven't sit down to talk to each other yet as mentioned in Zimmer's quote, so they don't truly know what is Peterson's decision.

Really? Peterson has had meetings with both Zimmer and Spielman already and then follow up meetings with team owners in New York, his position is well known amongst all of them. The quote you're referring to is from January.

Zimmer had his opportunity to make his sales pitch then, and he obviously failed, otherwise Peterson's agent wouldn't be publicly stating he wants out.. And now he and the Vikings can't deal with the results.

JBS

Reaction score
Now fish is playing the what if game Hahaha...

New piece out on what if jerry decides to make a move for peterson

What a bozo fish is...the guy knows nothing and tries to act like he has inside info...worst of all is he has a premium site where he charges people for all his nonsense....

He was flat out wrong on hardy and now he's back tracking again, on Peterson...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That conversation between Peterson and Jones occurred last off season. At that time most pundits had Dallas going 6-10 at best. There were posters on this board that thought Tony Romo was done and the team was headed in the wrong direction. I guess Peterson is a bigger Cowboys fan than I give him credit since he had Superbowl aspirations with Dallas a year ago.

I never said Peterson's only motivation was money, but it is illogical to think that money does not matter. He already has to take a pay cut from his $15 million per year contract. It is unreasonable to think he is going to accept a 50% pay cut to play for Dallas.

I know filthy rich people that are not motivated by money what so ever so it is not illogical to think money is not an issue to them. I disagree with you about what is reasonable. I think Peterson is a big enough Cowboys fan to play for free if he thought he was guaranteed a trophy but of course the league has minimum pay rules and there are no guaranteed trophies in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.