Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That conversation between Peterson and Jones occurred last off season. At that time most pundits had Dallas going 6-10 at best. There were posters on this board that thought Tony Romo was done and the team was headed in the wrong direction. I guess Peterson is a bigger Cowboys fan than I give him credit since he had Superbowl aspirations with Dallas a year ago.

I never said Peterson's only motivation was money, but it is illogical to think that money does not matter. He already has to take a pay cut from his $15 million per year contract. It is unreasonable to think he is going to accept a 50% pay cut to play for Dallas.

Why does he 'have to take a pay cut'? If Minnesota is bound and determined to keep him, they'll do it at the current rate or not at all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Today's edition of the Break on DC.com blew my mind... talking about Peterson as a Cowboy. I want to believe.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Today's edition of the Break on DC.com blew my mind... talking about Peterson as a Cowboy. I want to believe.

It is weird too because they were even entertaining the idea and were alluding to whispers, who knows but if they found a way to add Peterson, watch out!

phildadon86

Reaction score

Can you elaborate on what was said or post a link? I'm from Toronto so I don't have a way of listening.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
@CCBoy is good people and a friend of mine. One of the best Cowboys fans I know!

That is kind, Sir...and appreciated.

Chuck_Norris_salute.gif

Respect.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what was said or post a link? I'm from Toronto so I don't have a way of listening.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/...ak-big-picture-questions-possibility-peterson

During the Break today Derek asked Nick Eatmen and Steve Dennis if they think Dallas will go after AP, Nick actually said "yes" which is rare.

It is his hunch that the Cowboys may be working behind closed doors, Dennis stated he has heard whispers about it and that he had a recent interview with AP's father and he alluded to a possibility of AP coming to Dallas.

There was nothing concrete stated but Nick usually does not jump into the crazy notions of getting players, even Steve was blown away that Nick said he thought they would make a run at getting AP.

Steve also indicated that AP desires to be a Cowboy, not on another team, he is friends with Demarco and now that he is gone, would love to pursue going to Dallas.

This is simply radio opinion but it is fun to think about AP behind this line!

phildadon86

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/...ak-big-picture-questions-possibility-peterson

During the Break today Derek asked Nick Eatmen and Steve Dennis if they think Dallas will go after AP, Nick actually said "yes" which is rare.

It is his hunch that the Cowboys may be working behind closed doors, Dennis stated he has heard whispers about it and that he had a recent interview with AP's father and he alluded to a possibility of AP coming to Dallas.

There was nothing concrete stated but Nick usually does not jump into the crazy notions of getting players, even Steve was blown away that Nick said he thought they would make a run at getting AP.

Steve also indicated that AP desires to be a Cowboy, not on another team, he is friends with Demarco and now that he is gone, would love to pursue going to Dallas.

This is simply radio opinion but it is fun to think about AP behind this line!

Thanks a lot

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow! That definitely added to the momentum for this getting done in my opinion. But it also illustrated that the a cowboys are going to have to give up resources to get him. No talk at all of the Vikings releasing him so the only way to get him would be via trade.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Yeah Budddyyyyy......

To me it just makes too much sense, for both parties.....For AP and Dallas Cowboys...

Now, can they come together on a deal? Will AZ,Miami,NY, SD, TB, Wash...or whoever, Throw too much at Minn and AP?? And swipe him up?

At this point I find it very difficult to think that Minn will force him to play? Or that AP will sit out the entire season,... I do think AP will push hard, and that Minn will trade him for a 4th and randle... But this little game is just getting started....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yea, I just watched the Break and Nick Eatman was talking like he knew something. He usually is the last guy to talk about pie in the sky scenarios of acquiring players, but he really talked like it was going to happen. Steve Dennis was floored by it, its obvious poor Steve is not in the loop about jack these days, he even admitted as much with his guarantee that Murray would be back.

Maybe Eatman is just trolling the fans or maybe he actually has heard some behind the doors talk about Peterson................I guess we shall see.

SunspotJonz

Reaction score
Wow!!!! The Cowboys break was giving me chills. The way Eatman and Dennis were talking about Peterson and how amazing he could be here.

This really is something. I can't believe Eatman even entertained the idea.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Budddyyyyy......

To me it just makes too much sense, for both parties.....For AP and Dallas Cowboys...

Now, can they come together on a deal? Will AZ,Miami,NY, SD, TB, Wash...or whoever, Throw too much at Minn and AP?? And swipe him up?

At this point I find it very difficult to think that Minn will force him to play? Or that AP will sit out the entire season,... I do think AP will push hard, and that Minn will trade him for a 4th and randle... But this little game is just getting started....

I think that the theory about him being traded elsewhere presumes the fact that it's 'anywhere but Minnesota' for him and I don't think that's the case. I think it's 'I want to play in Dallas, for the Cowboys, and how can we make that happen'.

I have felt that way before, and do even more so now. Both Dennis and Eatman who are closer to things than I am, said so. Stating it as a well-known fact too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I just watched the Break and Nick Eatman was talking like he knew something. He usually is the last guy to talk about pie in the sky scenarios of acquiring players, but he really talked like it was going to happen. Steve Dennis was floored by it, its obvious poor Steve is not in the loop about jack these days, he even admitted as much with his guarantee that Murray would be back.

Maybe Eatman is just trolling the fans or maybe he actually has heard some behind the doors talk about Peterson................I guess we shall see.

I've never known Eatman to do that. If anything, I think he plays things more cautious and understated, so when he came out and said that, it was a 'Wow!' Moment for me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's gonna happen.....either he gets released or a Carr for Peterson swap. My opinion.

They just signed our former corner Newman to plug that hole for a while, so I no longer see Carr being of value to them. I expect it's going to take a draft pick or two at this point, and I'm leaning toward the Cowboys being willing to give at least one.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yeah Budddyyyyy......

I read yesterday Arizona is bringing Curley in for a pre draft visit. Rumors swirling around their camp indicated Ariz extremely likely to go RB with their pick at 24.

No matter what or where you read all signs point to AP coming here! It's happening.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
They just signed our former corner Newman to plug that hole for a while, so I no longer see Carr being of value to them. I expect it's going to take a draft pick or two at this point, and I'm leaning toward the Cowboys being willing to give at least one.

NO NO NO NO. no picks for a 30 year old RB.go with McFadden and draft someone. this team needs defense and more defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.