Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
They just signed our former corner Newman to plug that hole for a while, so I no longer see Carr being of value to them. I expect it's going to take a draft pick or two at this point, and I'm leaning toward the Cowboys being willing to give at least one.

Yeah I saw that to but he is still 37 and may not make the team. Carr would be an upgrade over Newman at this point. I don't care how AP gets here just bring him home:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO NO NO NO. no picks for a 30 year old RB.go with McFadden and draft someone. this team needs defense and more defense.

I'm not saying I completely agree with it, especially if it's anything higher than a 4th rounder, but more and more it's what I'm expecting them to do.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I read yesterday Arizona is bringing Curley in for a pre draft visit. Rumors swirling around their camp indicated Ariz extremely likely to go RB with their pick at 24.

No matter what or where you read all signs point to AP coming here! It's happening.

I heard Arizona is also bringing in Moe and Larry as well to round out the trio...LOL!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

cowboyvic said:
NO NO NO NO. no picks for a 30 year old RB.go with McFadden and draft someone. this team needs defense and more defense.

I'm not saying I completely agree with it, especially if it's anything higher than a 4th rounder, but more and more it's what I'm expecting them to do.

Lets hope so. We need to push now. We at least have to try...

This is a big one. If we land AP, I would mark that down as "trying"...:)

It would be real nice if the Cowboys could host a divisional and NFCCG these next few years...........

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I heard Arizona is also bringing in Moe and Larry as well to round out the trio...LOL!

laugh all you want, the Cardinals version of the triplets could be formidable..

Although I think they would set NFL records for fines and penalties...you just cant go around poking people in the eyes.......

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
laugh all you want, the Cardinals version of the triplets could be formidable..

Although I think they would set NFL records for fines and penalties...you just cant go around poking people in the eyes.......

Ha ha I knew you would like that one, great reply!

Alweezy

Reaction score
I know filthy rich people that are not motivated by money what so ever so it is not illogical to think money is not an issue to them. I disagree with you about what is reasonable. I think Peterson is a big enough Cowboys fan to play for free if he thought he was guaranteed a trophy but of course the league has minimum pay rules and there are no guaranteed trophies in the NFL.

The same Adrian Peterson that compared the NFL to modern day slavery? No, I don't think he is that big of a fan to play for free.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The same Adrian Peterson that compared the NFL to modern day slavery? No, I don't think he is that big of a fan to play for free.

He said that four years ago before he agreed to a $100 million deal that guaranteed him $36 million. Peoples priorities change over time. He's made his money, now he wants a trophy.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He said that four years ago before he agreed to a $100 million deal that guaranteed him $36 million. Peoples priorities change over time. He's made his money, now he wants a trophy.

And how do you know this?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

He wants to leave the team that will pay him the most....The Vikings.

If this was about Money, he would just play for minny, collect that payday and come up limpy in preseason or something..

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

I don't think so. The only way it happens is if we rip up his contract and do a new one.

I think it will definitely happen if he is released, though, as much as I would hate it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

How do I know he said that 4 years ago? Because he was quoted saying it 4 years ago. His current net worth is a matter of public record. I hope you aren't asking how I know he wants a trophy because that would be silly. All athletes want to be winners.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
How do I know he said that 4 years ago? Because he was quoted saying it 4 years ago. His current net worth is a matter of public record. I hope you aren't asking how I know he wants a trophy because that would be silly. All athletes want to be winners.

His earnings are a matter of public record. Not his net worth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I've never known Eatman to do that. If anything, I think he plays things more cautious and understated, so when he came out and said that, it was a 'Wow!' Moment for me.

Yea, that is what I was thinking as well. Eatman has never been one to jack with the fans, usually he plays it pretty close to the vest so when he was talking like it was a done deal, I tend to think he knows something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. The only way it happens is if we rip up his contract and do a new one.

I think it will definitely happen if he is released, though, as much as I would hate it.

I think the trade will be contingent on the new deal being agreed to first. Neither us nor anyone else are touching that current contract.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Peterson is not your typical 30 yr old running back.................remember, he rushed for over 2000 yards 6 months after tearing his ACL.

HE IS NOT HUMAN!!!!

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
Peterson is not your typical 30 yr old running back.................remember, he rushed for over 2000 yards 6 months after tearing his ACL.

HE IS NOT HUMAN!!!!

Amen, brother..... LOL! He had the most impressive comeback from an ACL injury of all time. What he did was super human not to mention he's coming off a full year of rest. I believe he has 2 Pro Bowl level years left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.