Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Wow! That definitely added to the momentum for this getting done in my opinion. But it also illustrated that the a cowboys are going to have to give up resources to get him. No talk at all of the Vikings releasing him so the only way to get him would be via trade.

Not if they hold their ground and Peterson refuses to negotiate his present contract with Minny or any other team. He can force them to pay him 13 mill this year (which I don't believe they'll do) and kill any potential trade because he won't negotiate his contract. That forces Minny to release him and he can negotiate with whomever he wants

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Amen, brother..... LOL! He had the most impressive comeback from an ACL injury of all time. What he did was super human not to mention he's coming off a full year of rest. I believe he has 2 Pro Bowl level years left in him.

I think he does too..
Now he is 30 .... but if i were the Offensive coordinator, I would run AP Left, AP right, AP right down your throat.....for the first 7 8 games...

give him a little rest, depending on schedule and where were at in standings, but then crank it up again, and make that Dec/Jan push...AP Left, AP right, AP right down your throat

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Amen, brother..... LOL! He had the most impressive comeback from an ACL injury of all time. What he did was super human not to mention he's coming off a full year of rest. I believe he has 2 Pro Bowl level years left in him.

He still has gas in the tank, no question about that..............if we trade for him and make him the bellcow, he will break Murray's 1850 from last season easily.

Peterson does not look like a Gazelle being hit with a tranquilizer dart after a 30 yard run, unlike Murray.

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
I think he does too..
Now he is 30 .... but if i were the Offensive coordinator, I would run AP Left, AP right, AP right down your throat.....for the first 7 8 games...

give him a little rest, depending on schedule and where were at in standings, but then crank it up again, and make that Dec/Jan push...AP Left, AP right, AP right down your throat

Yeah, he needs to be rested. We cannot run him into the ground like we did with DeMarco Murray. I believe that was done knowing MUrray wouldn't be around in 2015 but whoever backs up AP needs to get 8-12 carries a game so he can stay fresh.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I guess the "don't post any AP threads until there is news" is not being taken seriously.

joseephuss

Reaction score
How do I know he said that 4 years ago? Because he was quoted saying it 4 years ago. His current net worth is a matter of public record. I hope you aren't asking how I know he wants a trophy because that would be silly. All athletes want to be winners.

If all athletes want to be winners then how have his priorities changed? Did he not want to win trophies before? You chastise me for making assumptions about Peterson, but you have no problem doing the same thing. It is quite comical.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He still has gas in the tank, no question about that..............if we trade for him and make him the bellcow, he will break Murray's 1850 from last season easily.

Peterson does not look like a Gazelle being hit with a tranquilizer dart after a 30 yard run, unlike Murray.

Peterson averages 291 rushing attempts per season(not counting 2014). He can't carry the ball as many times as Murray did in 2014. I don't think Dallas will get him, but if they do they will have to spread the rock around to other guys during the season.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Those celebrity net worth sites while interesting are not really reliable.

If those numbers are to be trusted then his net worth is under 25% of what he has earned in his NFL career. Maybe less. I haven't looked that closely at every penny he has made.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If all athletes want to be winners then how have his priorities changed? Did he not want to win trophies before? You chastise me for making assumptions about Peterson, but you have no problem doing the same thing. It is quite comical.

Because I've been there done that. As a pro athlete your first few years you are all about the money and as your sports career is coming to a close you start self examining your accomplishments and make those more of a priority... like I said, priorities change. I make no assumptions about that. Petersons actions right now (wanting to get away from the team that is willing to pay him the most money) indicates something else is motivating him these days. He wants to fulfill a childhood dream and raise that trophy above his head as a Dallas Cowboy. Maybe you haven't heard his daddy's stories about him as a kid growing up in Texas.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
If those numbers are to be trusted then his net worth is under 25% of what he has earned in his NFL career. Maybe less. I haven't looked that closely at every penny he has made.

I mean not unreasonable. 50% goes to taxes straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.