Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupree89

Reaction score
I think we see a trade or he gets released like the day before the season starts.
I think you are correct. Okay. I will ask my question here. Beast From East...tell me if you would do this. Now the question isn't if the Vikes would, I am only asking if you would. No re-doing of contract by AP. But this deal:
Dallas sends next year's 3rd round pick to Minny.
If AP plays 12+ games for Dallas next year it becomes a 2nd round pick.
If AP plays 12+ games next year AND Dallas reaches the NFC Champ. Game...it becomes a 1st round pick.
Deal or no deal for you?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think you are correct. Okay. I will ask my question here. Beast From East...tell me if you would do this. Now the question isn't if the Vikes would, I am only asking if you would. No re-doing of contract by AP. But this deal:
If AP plays 12+ games next year AND Dallas reaches the NFC Champ. Game...it becomes a 1st round pick.
Deal or no deal for you?

A 3rd round pick that could become a 2nd or even a 1st?

No redo on the contract makes me hesitant, but I probably would say yes.................I am rolling the dice Peterson is still the real deal.

dupree89

Reaction score
A 3rd round pick that could become a 2nd or even a 1st?

No redo on the contract makes me hesitant, but I probably would say yes.................I am rolling the dice Peterson is still the real deal.

Me too. But my thoughts may change tomorrow. I keep flip-flopping on this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Me too. But my thoughts may change tomorrow. I keep flip-flopping on this.

If AP would redo his contract to say around $8 per season on a 3 year deal, then I would offer Minny a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year that could become a first rounder if we reach the SB.

calico

Reaction score
If AP would redo his contract to say around $8 per season on a 3 year deal, then I would offer Minny a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year that could become a first rounder if we reach the SB.

I don't want to give up any picks for this back on the wrong side of his career when the draft is this deep. Might as well have paid demarco. Makes no sense to go after AD.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
2nd round pick for AP and taking on his contract for the last 2 years?

Seems like a no brainer.

You have a chance to pair Romo at the twilight of his career with one of the best RB's of all time and an amazing O-line. Do it

ColeBeasley11

BruceCarter54
Reaction score
I don't want to give up any picks for this back on the wrong side of his career when the draft is this deep. Might as well have paid demarco. Makes no sense to go after AD.

Smart thinking long term but our window is now, cowboys haven't been in the Super Bowl in too long. AP gives us a hell of a chance.

dupree89

Reaction score

I see your point. And with us needing to improve the defense, my above scenario was for giving up the pick next year...not in this year's draft. I think my idea would be the way to go. Guarantee them a 3rd...in all likelihood its a 2nd...that could change to a 1st if Dallas reaches the NFC Champ Game. If I asked Dallas fans....if you are guaranteed to be in the NFC Champ Game in the 2015 season...would you give Minny your 2016 1st rounder? I think most would say yes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
2nd round pick for AP and taking on his contract for the last 2 years?

Seems like a no brainer.

You have a chance to pair Romo at the twilight of his career with one of the best RB's of all time and an amazing O-line. Do it

You want to pay him $12m AAV and give up something for him? You want to look at this car I have for sale?

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
  1. Cannot go into a SB contending season with What we have currently at RB. Even drafting one is dangerous.. See Richardson, trent; Jones, Felix. We need a known commodity considering how important that position is in the current scheme.

AP Is the answer.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I say we use some donation money to get a site subscription to Fisher's premium content.

Its cool though bc when he's wrong he apologizes and tells everyone at least he's man enough to do so. This happens every other week

phildadon86

Reaction score
I would love to have AP, but like someone said above... getting him will possibly disable us from resigning some of our own guys down the road. Like Frederick, Martin, and Hardy (if he plays well after the suspension). Plus we aren't even 100% sure Peterson is gonna be the beast that most people think he'll be again. He's 30 and coming off a year having played 1 game. That alone is risky. I think the way to go is a RB in the 1st or 2nd round.

Martin and Frederick won't need to be re signed until 2-3 years down the road. By that time romo will probably be done so ap would follow suit

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Deal or no deal for you?

Oh dear lord... Worst case scenario this team would be foolish

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
No way does Dallas give up anything more than a 4th imo this year....this is a classic case of hardball let it play out...everyone needs to remember there is a third party in this potential breakup and that is the Minn sponsers who pulled at a moments notice last year when Minn brought him back initially...you dont think those same sponsers are going to have an issue with him playing this year? Both parties are going to come to an agreement the best case is to outright release him....patience...my young jedi's.....patience:) Less than a month from now we will now where Gurley lands and what Dallas does with those first three picks...if they don't go RB with any of those picks then that should be the confirmation we are looking for...either way he is coming to big D!

Status
Not open for further replies.