Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The scheme changed last season. Before that, we might not have had the O-line to pull it off and we were pass happy like no other time in our history. If you really think we can just draft Murray's replacement and be assured of a PO spot, you haven't been paying attention to the JG years. The 'process' will have to find another QB in a couple of seasons. When do you believe the 'process' will bring us another ring? 2030?

I'm not advocating sending high picks to Minn or anything. It's just the window is near shut for Romo, Witten and this team. Yes we have a well founded line but, using your logic, we should have not went out and got Hardy because the 'process' would have worked it out.

Schemes are still the same.

We just balanced our playcalling out drastically.

The only real change I saw schematically was we decided after years and years that it might be a good idea to attack the middle of the field against these teams that load the box and press us out wide.

I swear a middle school coach could've figured out how to beat that defense in a weeks time but Garrett is so arrogant with his schemes that he refused to change.

Freaking making Jim Haslett look like the smartest guy in the league twice a year made me sick.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The Giants won it twice with the likes of Ahmad Bradshaw starting. Wow. Stop the presses. There is a Hall of Fame talent there.

I seem to remember him running the ball pretty well. That team was clicking on all cylinders though, especially defense. I don't think we need a hall of famer by any means but I don't want our running game to be DMC or a rookie besides Gordon or Gurley.

mldardy

Reaction score
I seem to remember him running the ball pretty well. That team was clicking on all cylinders though, especially defense. I don't think we need a hall of famer by any means but I don't want our running game to be DMC or a rookie besides Gordon or Gurley.

A rookie besides Gordon or Gurley and McFadden will be fine behind this offensive line. I am really not all that sold on either Gordon or Gurley. I'd rather have Coleman or Ajayi but that's another story.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I really think with Peterson it could go either way. I'm on the side that wants him and thinks the Cowboys are taking a very hard look into how they can make it work but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't get him either. There are a lot of variables involved. If we do get him, I would think it will drastically help our chances of making the super bowl though. There is a huge step up from DMC/rookie to AD.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
A rookie besides Gordon or Gurley and McFadden will be fine behind this offensive line. I am really not all that sold on either Gordon or Gurley. I'd rather have Coleman or Ajayi but that's another story.

A rookie besides Godron or Gurley is a big question mark. Heck, I think Gurley is somewhat of a question mark too. We don't need has beens or questions marks behind our line, we need a hell of a RB. Remember what it was like to have Emmitt behind an awesome line? Give me a great RB behind a great line in this short window we have to win a super bowl. If the idea is to win a super bowl in 5-7 years.. then go rookie all day. If we want to win NOW... getting AD would give us the best chance.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the mods would actually set out to kill AP threads. If it makes the hit count and activity go up, it lines the site operators pockets with ad based revenue.

I'd be all for it.

mldardy

Reaction score
A rookie besides Godron or Gurley is a big question mark. Heck, I think Gurley is somewhat of a question mark too. We don't need has beens or questions marks behind our line, we need a hell of a RB. Remember what it was like to have Emmitt behind an awesome line? Give me a great RB behind a great line in this short window we have to win a super bowl. If the idea is to win a super bowl in 5-7 years.. then go rookie all day. If we want to win NOW... getting AD would give us the best chance.

Gordon and Gurley are ? marks too. Gurley is coming off of a major injury and Gordon who I'm not in love with isn't a guarantee especially with the history of Wisky RBs in the NFL. We don't need a hell of a RB it would be nice but we need one that stays healthy, doesn't fumble and runs effectively and who's to say that we can't get that hell of a RB in the later rounds. There are RBs besides Gurley and Gordon in this draft that can do that. Did you think Murray or Leveon Bell or Justin Forsett or Arian Foster was a stud when they were coming out? Those RB's weren't sought after and now they are some of the better RBs in theNFL.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Gordon and Gurley are ? marks too. Gurley is coming off of a major injury and Gordon who I'm not in love with isn't a guarantee especially with the history of Wisky RBs in the NFL. We don't need a hell of a RB it would be nice but we need one that stays healthy, doesn't fumble and runs effectively and who's to say that we can't get that hell of a RB in the later rounds. There are RBs besides Gurley and Gordon in this draft that can do that. Did you think Murray or Leveon Bell or Justin Forsett or Arian Foster was a stud when they were coming out? Those RB's weren't sought after and now they are some of the better RBs in theNFL.

I thought Bell, Murray, and Foster all had great potential. I just don't agree with you some random 2 or 3rd round running back is good enough for our team right now. It's too much of a crap shoot and we need more of a sure thing back there and AD is that player. The time is RIGHT NOW for us to go all in to get to a super bowl. If we were looking 5 years out, then that is a whole different story. Just have to agree to disagree.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Gordon would be a jet engine for the Cowboys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the mods would actually set out to kill AP threads. If it makes the hit count and activity go up, it lines the site operators pockets with ad based revenue.

I'd be all for it.

I don't think it's a matter of "Killing AP Threads". It's a matter of having so many posted in a short period of time and the content of the info being posted. IE, repetitive or none factual (he says, she says type of stuff), that just gets out of hand. While it's good, as you say, to garner traffic, it's also a good idea to have an organized board without 20 different threads on the same topic.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
" where was this comment 2 weeks ago?" Romo said it wasn't up to him. how many times does the team have to go over this?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like how they blame Romo for losing Murray and not the executives..............

mugsybows

Reaction score
" where was this comment 2 weeks ago?" Romo said it wasn't up to him. how many times does the team have to go over this?

I heard something yesterday that in Romo's contract it said that he could not restructure until April 1st.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Im guessing this is the interview where they're saying Romo should have done this weeks ago so we could have kept Murray.

How hard is it for these idiots to understand? We could have paid Murray what he wanted. The FO didn't think he was worth it. It wasn't a matter of not having the funds, but rather choosing not to over spend. Ridiculous...

If this isn't that video than disregard this post :)

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
The whole "This is typical Romo" thing just makes my brain melt. What in the world is he even talking about?

Right? " This is pathetic Romo." really? why not attack dez, hes more of a reason then romo for not keeping demarco.

Status
Not open for further replies.