Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Gordon would be a jet engine for the Cowboys.

If we don't go after AD.. then Gordon is definitely that one rookie RB I want the most. I really do think he would fit in perfectly here. But there is no chance we
will get him unless we trade up. Teams like the Jets, Chargers, Cardinals, will grab him before he gets even close to us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I will be glad when this AP/AD crap is finally over.

Whether we draft a back and don't acquire Peterson....or we do acquire petereson.

Just so annoying with two different camps so sure of themselves that we are or are not going to get him and when it finally does or does not happen there will be a tone of I told you so crap posts....when it happens I will say...see...I told you so about the I told you so posts.

I don't get your point mr moderator. Apparently, we annoy you whether we say one thing or the other thing. Folks have opinions and both sides are feeling free to express those opinions on this forum but it sounds like you are saying that is a bad thing. When it happens, some folks will be right and others wrong... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get your point mr moderator. Apparently, we annoy you whether we say one thing or the other thing. Folks have opinions and both sides are feeling free to express those opinions on this forum but it sounds like you are saying that is a bad thing. When it happens, some folks will be right and others wrong... it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am saying Me, Myself and Irene find it annoying.

Did not say it was a bad thing...I just find the whole thing annoying.

And since you said that folks are just expressing opinions...I am expressing mind...It is annoying.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we don't go after AD.. then Gordon is definitely that one rookie RB I want the most. I really do think he would fit in perfectly here. But there is no chance we
will get him unless we trade up. Teams like the Jets, Chargers, Cardinals, will grab him before he gets even close to us.

You know, I wonder why you even post anything about the Cowboys! Remember...Romo is the QB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

And since you said that folks are just expressing opinions...I am expressing mind...It is annoying.

???... so annoying you is a good thing? Pardon me if I'm just a little baffled at your double speak.

The folks that I am talking about are the sheep that you sheepdog moderators watch over. I get that we annoy you... speaking strictly for myself, I apologize.

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
You talk like Murray was some superior athlete. Average talent, poor speed, poor quickness, and poor burst.

The oline made this dude. He was not all that. You and the eagles will find this out.

Truer words have never been spoken not to mention he fumbled too much and had a weird habit of getting tackled by the turf monster on long runs. The play I can't get over is the fumble at Green Bay with a wide open field in front of him. That to me was just as crucial as "The Catch" in determining the outcome.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You talk like Murray was some superior athlete. Average talent, poor speed, poor quickness, and poor burst.

The oline made this dude. He was not all that. You and the eagles will find this out.

Okay now this is a bit much. To say that Life After Murray we won't be missing a bit is one thing. But "average talent"? "Poor speed"?

This is a bit much. When Demarco was running for 200+ against the Rams a few years ago all we heard about was how terrible this offensive line was. And at the time it was. In 2011, when Demarco only started 7 games.....he was averaging 5.5 yards a carry and already had nearly 700 yards. His offensive line was Doug Free, Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier and a young Tyron Smith.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Its a long off-season.

I refuse to believe "runners like Todd Gurley and Tevin Coleman." is the answer for the departure of Murray.

Perhaps but even Murray himself, in his present state, may not be the answer for what he was last year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just so annoying with two different camps so sure of themselves that we are or are not going to get him and when it finally does or does not happen there will be a tone of I told you so crap posts....when it happens I will say...see...I told you so about the I told you so posts.

I find it intensely annoying as well. But it will soon be over. It is one polarizing argument that has a definite shelf-life.

evarc

Reaction score

then dont read it... easy fix huh? lol

Nation

Reaction score

Murray ran a 4.37 at 215 pounds. That is fairly elite in terms of a size/speed combo. I agree that as far as a monster season goes for 2014 that the OL carried the load there. But the run game in other years where Murray played versus when he was hurt was night and day.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You know I don't care how you slice this "non news" just doesn't get old.....it is going to be a fantastic day when the entire NFL is put on notice that AP is a Cowboys and this is our year and our time!...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says not to "rule out" Adrian Peterson ending up in Dallas.
"It's still doable," were Rapsheet's words on NFL Total Access." It's still hard to see the way forward for Peterson-to-Big D. The Vikings have been adamant they're keeping their franchise runner, while Dallas is light on cap space. It would obviously be far from surprising if the move eventually happened, but it's not the most likely outcome.
Related: [SIZE=+0]Cowboys[/SIZE]
Source: [SIZE=+0]NFL Network on Twitter [/SIZE]

JBS

Reaction score
Murray ran a 4.37 at 215 pounds. That is fairly elite in terms of a size/speed combo. I agree that as far as a monster season goes for 2014 that the OL carried the load there. But the run game in other years where Murray played versus when he was hurt was night and day.

Yeah, and he definitely doesn't have 4.3 speed on the football field...he's horrendous in the open field

Nation

Reaction score
Yeah, and he definitely doesn't have 4.3 speed on the football field...he's horrendous in the open field

He certainly appeared to have lost his breakaway speed this past season. I think that's a fair point. But saying he has poor speed, poor burst, and poor quickness to me just feels like sour grapes because he left your football team.

Nobody accidentally rushes for 1,800 yards. The OL played a big factor. The Cowboys running game should be proficient in 2015. I don't think Murray was rushing for 1,800 here or elsewhere in 2015. But he isn't a minus-athlete either.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
So....back to the Peterson non news thread..Cowlishaw...Cowboys moves point towards Peterson....the number 28 is going to be a relevant number again in the near future....

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/article17192276.html

You know no matter if it happens what matteris is right now there is a ver REAL chance this happens.....and this statement from the above article should have every single fan drooling with anticipation.....

From the article:
The crowning blow was the Romo restructuring. It makes the pursuit of Peterson all the more interesting. And potentially dangerous.
Now if they actually land him, the loss of DeMarco Murray goes away and the team moves to the top of the heap alongside Seattle and Green Bay as favorites in the NFC.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
For the record, I do not wish to see Peterson come to Dallas; he is old -- talented, but old, wants too much money, will cost too much in draft picks, and is not the final missing piece. Dallas will be best served to draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Haha, and more people attempting to downplay how good Murray is.

Just stop. He was a great runner, a great receiver, and a decent pass blocker. Average runners don't get 1,800 yards rushing, I don't care how good an offensive line is.

Get a grip, Murray is going to be tough to replace, luckily this draft has a few good prospects.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Haha, and more people attempting to downplay how good Murray is.

Just stop. He was a great runner, a great receiver, and a decent pass blocker. Average runners don't get 1,800 yards rushing, I don't care how good an offensive line is.

Get a grip, Murray is going to be tough to replace, luckily this draft has a few good prospects.

Good, not great. Tough to replace but not impossible given the quality of backs available in the 2015 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.