Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Huh....I could have sworn I remember seeing Dunbar catching passes and in games throughout last year...must have him confused with the Jo Lunn Dunbar of the Rams...

He had 18 receptions, 4 of which came in one game. Let's not get carried away like this is the next Sproles and Woodhead. Someone needed to be signed once Murray walked and Randle seems to be on his way to running himself out of the league with his behavior off the field.

I think Dunbar, at this point, is insurance in case Randle finds another way to get in trouble with the law. Williams/Dunbar/Randle will be competing for the third string spot come TC, if Randle stays out of trouble, he'll most likely win out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you read the article? It specifically mentions what the agent said. Of course you could spend more than the 5seconds I took looking for that article to see what his agent has been saying all along.

A quick lesson is what quotes look like:

When you directly quote what a person has said, you put quotation marks (") around it, to clearly show the reader exactly what the person has said, thereby eliminating misinterpretation or speculation (as we get here).

You are now just deflecting since you have nothing to work with.

Actually, I'm educating.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/quotation.htm

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
A quick lesson is what quotes look like:

When you directly quote what a person has said, you put quotation marks (") around it, to clearly show the reader exactly what the person has said, thereby eliminating misinterpretation or speculation (as we get here).

Actually, I'm educating.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/quotation.htm

I am quite aware what quotes are and how they work, so thank you for insulting my intelligence.

You are still deflecting and now using personal attacks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am quite aware what quotes are and how they work, so thank you for insulting my intelligence.

You are still deflecting and now using personal attacks.

It's not a personal attack at all, I'm merely correcting your prior mistake when mentioning quotes. And, since that's the case, it's certainly not deflecting. Sorry if you can't handle the truth of the matter.

Last edited:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He had 18 receptions, 4 of which came in one game. Let's not get carried away like this is the next Sproles and Woodhead. Someone needed to be signed once Murray walked and Randle seems to be on his way to running himself out of the league with his behavior off the field.

I think Dunbar, at this point, is insurance in case Randle finds another way to get in trouble with the law. Williams/Dunbar/Randle will be competing for the third string spot come TC, if Randle stays out of trouble, he'll most likely win out.

Dunbar was tendered before Murray left

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dunbar was tendered before Murray left

He was tendered 3 days before Murray went to Philly. Jerry and Stephen knew Murray was gone at that point. Negotiations broke down long before that, to the point they weren't even communicating with him anymore.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

Again showing your lack of knowledge on this subject. Dunbar much like Beasley were both tendered before Murray walked. Dunbar is very much a part of the rb rotation they love what he brings in the passing game and said so many times last year. DMac, Randle, and Williams are the ones competing for a spots.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Again showing your lack of knowledge on this subject. Dunbar much like Beasley were both tendered before Murray walked. Dunbar is very much a part of the rb rotation they love what he brings in the passing game and said so many times last year. DMac, Randle, and Williams are the ones competing for a spots.

And again, he was tendered 3 days before Murray went to Philly. You think the Cowboys didn't know negotiations were dead at that point? ****, Jerry alluded to this all the way back in February.

We're drafting an RB, and once again, familiarize yourself with the RBs of this draft because one of the top 6 prospects will be ours. There will be no room for Dunbar unless he beats Randle out in camp.

At this point, we have Ryan Williams starting at RB for us, Adrian Peterson, and McFadden. It's funny, with all of these absurd theories, the one that everyone is critical of is us going for an RB in the draft, the most logical of them all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

The tenders are non-guaranteed. Dunbar could be cut at any time with no impact.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Agreed! I liked Murray, but he wasn't all that until the Cowboys decided that they were going to run the wheels off of him. And they did. Imagine what LeVeon Bell, a dude that is very underrated, could have gotten behind our O-line.

I hope we get one of those stud RB's in this year's draft.

Agreed bro.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Okay now this is a bit much. To say that Life After Murray we won't be missing a bit is one thing. But "average talent"? "Poor speed"?

This is a bit much. When Demarco was running for 200+ against the Rams a few years ago all we heard about was how terrible this offensive line was. And at the time it was. In 2011, when Demarco only started 7 games.....he was averaging 5.5 yards a carry and already had nearly 700 yards. His offensive line was Doug Free, Montrae Holland, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier and a young Tyron Smith.

I have always said the O-Line made this dude.

This was his best season. It's no coincidence it comes when the O-Line is completely transformed, and we decide to pound him.

Murray is average talent. Name 1 thing about his physical attributes that would you would call elite or great?

Great talent is for guys like Shady, AP, Bell, Charles ect.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

This was his best season. It's no coincidence it comes when the O-Line is completely transformed, and we decide to pound him.

Murray is average talent. Name 1 thing about his physical attributes that would you would call elite or great?

IMO, this wasn't his best season. I was more impressed with him his rookie year than this year. This year was a product of him simply getting more touches. His offensive line allowed for him to take less contact but Demarco has had solid years. It's always been about staying healthy never his skill set.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

"Physical attributes" - What the hell are you on about? Are we going to start discussing his hair and how that makes him a great RB or his rock solid build?

Hopefully this is what you're meaning - He's 6'0 and ran a faster 40 than Adrian Peterson. His stop and start speed is one of the best in the league, along with vision at the line (This has ALWAYS been his strength). Someone in this thread has already shown the myth of him being "slow" in the open field as well.

Oh, and the offensive line made this guy? You mean even back in 2011 when he had nearly 900 yards in 7 games? Oh, and the offensive line helped him with all those yards after contact as well, right?

It's okay, we can talk about your man Bryant if you want to calm you down.

Reactions: BAT

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He was tendered 3 days before Murray went to Philly. Jerry and Stephen knew Murray was gone at that point. Negotiations broke down long before that, to the point they weren't even communicating with him anymore.

I believe you are saying you agree and I will take that as a win since that is exactly what I said.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I believe you are saying you agree and I will take that as a win since that is exactly what I said.

If that's what makes you feel better.

But I'll tell you I told you so when we draft an RB and Dunbar/Randle is released and the hope of AP or the "Running back by committee" goes out the window.

We brought in every top prospect RB in this draft for an interview as a smokescreen though, got it.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
"Physical attributes" - What the hell are you on about? Are we going to start discussing his hair and how that makes him a great RB or his rock solid build?

Hopefully this is what you're meaning - He's 6'0 and ran a faster 40 than Adrian Peterson. His stop and start speed is one of the best in the league, along with vision at the line (This has ALWAYS been his strength). Someone in this thread has already shown the myth of him being "slow" in the open field as well.

Oh, and the offensive line made this guy? You mean even back in 2011 when he had nearly 900 yards in 7 games? Oh, and the offensive line helped him with all those yards after contact as well, right?

It's okay, we can talk about your man Bryant if you want to calm you down.

Dude you do realize it is Good Friday right? Take a relax pill or something...how is it you have all this knowledge of what was happening with Murray? Are you related to liquor store guy? It's your opinion we get that; we AP "dreamers" are ok with your opinion of him not coming here. Now move along and let us continue our dreaming until we see what pans out. All you have provided is your opinion of the AP situation, the upcoming draft, and what transpired with Dunbar days before Murray left.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
If that's what makes you feel better.

But I'll tell you I told you so when we draft an RB and Dunbar/Randle is released and the hope of AP or the "Running back by committee" goes out the window.

We brought in every top prospect RB in this draft for an interview as a smokescreen though, got it.

Hey that we agree on cause if Dunbar and randle are released then we are going into the season with AP, DMac, and draft pick or Williams.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Hey that we agree on cause if Dunbar and randle are released then we are going into the season with AP, DMac, and draft pick or Williams.

Please provide articles or links as to the rbs brought in but please post them in the draft zone cause this is an AP thread.....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dude you do realize it is Good Friday right? Take a relax pill or something...how is it you have all this knowledge of what was happening with Murray? Are you related to liquor store guy? It's your opinion we get that; we AP "dreamers" are ok with your opinion of him not coming here. Now move along and let us continue our dreaming until we see what pans out. All you have provided is your opinion of the AP situation, the upcoming draft, and what transpired with Dunbar days before Murray left.

I have "knowledge" of what happened with Murray because everything has been explained by Jerry Jones himself; multiple articles worth. He stated all the way back in February that locking up both Dez and Murray was unlikely. It was either Murray take the deal they put out there or he walks, and he walked. This again was explained by Jones. It's not as though I'm pulling things out of thin air here. We obviously knew Murray was near gone when we tendered Dunbar and had the plans of signing McFadden in our back pockets.

And it's not as though I'm freaking out, despite however you're interpreting my posts. But when someone says it's a smokescreen to bring in multiple RBs for a predraft visit, things go to an absurd level.

I also dislike sensationalism from sports media, or well, media in general. That's really all this AP to Dallas stuff is, I guess it's good for offseason talk, but Jerry and Stephen are not putting all their eggs in the Peterson basket not knowing what is going on there. Their mindset, I'm sure, is on the draft at this point and the RBs there. If we come out of the draft without an RB, we'll start looking for the May 17th cuts (Is that the date now?) and see if Peterson is there. But even then, Peterson is going to want a similar deal to what Lynch got in Seattle, a two year deal worth up to $24 million.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I have "knowledge" of what happened with Murray because everything has been explained by Jerry Jones himself; multiple articles worth. He stated all the way back in February that locking up both Dez and Murray was unlikely. It was either Murray take the deal they put out there or he walks, and he walked. This again was explained by Jones. It's not as though I'm pulling things out of thin air here. We obviously knew Murray was near gone when we tendered Dunbar and had the plans of signing McFadden in our back pockets.

And it's not as though I'm freaking out, despite however you're interpreting my posts. But when someone says it's a smokescreen to bring in multiple RBs for a predraft visit, things go to an absurd level.

I also dislike sensationalism from sports media, or well, media in general. That's really all this AP to Dallas stuff is, I guess it's good for offseason talk, but Jerry and Stephen are not putting all their eggs in the Peterson basket not knowing what is going on there. Their mindset, I'm sure, is on the draft at this point and the RBs there. If we come out of the draft without an RB, we'll start looking for the May 17th cuts (Is that the date now?) and see if Peterson is there. But even then, Peterson is going to want a similar deal to what Lynch got in Seattle, a two year deal worth up to $24 million.

Again please read before you reply. No one ever said all rbs brought in were purely a smokescreen. You also left out the part were Murray said he and Dallas had communicated right to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.