Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen700

Reaction score
IMO, this wasn't his best season. I was more impressed with him his rookie year than this year. This year was a product of him simply getting more touches. His offensive line allowed for him to take less contact but Demarco has had solid years. It's always been about staying healthy never his skill set.

I respect this response bro.

Frozen700

Reaction score
"Physical attributes" - What the hell are you on about? Are we going to start discussing his hair and how that makes him a great RB or his rock solid build?

Hopefully this is what you're meaning - He's 6'0 and ran a faster 40 than Adrian Peterson. His stop and start speed is one of the best in the league, along with vision at the line (This has ALWAYS been his strength). Someone in this thread has already shown the myth of him being "slow" in the open field as well.

Oh, and the offensive line made this guy? You mean even back in 2011 when he had nearly 900 yards in 7 games? Oh, and the offensive line helped him with all those yards after contact as well, right?

It's okay, we can talk about your man Bryant if you want to calm you down.

Here you go, desperate for my attention again. Everyone in this thread understood what I meant. You just feel left out.

That's what happens when you are new around here, you try desperately to fit in, and get attention. Like I told you a week ago, go pick an argument else where.

:lmao:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Here you go, desperate for my attention again. Everyone in this thread understood what I meant. You just feel left out.

That's what happens when you are new around here, you try desperately to fit in, and get attention. Like I told you a week ago, go pick an argument else where.

:lmao:

I debate with everyone here. I don't single you out.

But I'm guessing no counter-argument from you, again? Got it.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I also dislike sensationalism from sports media, or well, media in general. That's really all this AP to Dallas stuff is, I guess it's good for offseason talk, but Jerry and Stephen are not putting all their eggs in the Peterson basket not knowing what is going on there. Their mindset, I'm sure, is on the draft at this point and the RBs there. If we come out of the draft without an RB, we'll start looking for the May 17th cuts (Is that the date now?) and see if Peterson is there. But even then, Peterson is going to want a similar deal to what Lynch got in Seattle, a two year deal worth up to $24 million.

Sensationalism has replaced Journalism Its what we do. Its how we live now.... Its how we communicate and maneuver through life now. Like it or not.

And this was all started by AP himself making a phone call. And, the fact, that it makes sense for both parties involved. AP and Dallas.

And you sign AP for a two year deal worth up to $24 million. But I think you could get him cheaper then that; Maybe 9 million a year, all of it guaranteed.....

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
And again, he was tendered 3 days before Murray went to Philly. You think the Cowboys didn't know negotiations were dead at that point? ****, Jerry alluded to this all the way back in February.

We're drafting an RB, and once again, familiarize yourself with the RBs of this draft because one of the top 6 prospects will be ours. There will be no room for Dunbar unless he beats Randle out in camp.

At this point, we have Ryan Williams starting at RB for us, Adrian Peterson, and McFadden. It's funny, with all of these absurd theories, the one that everyone is critical of is us going for an RB in the draft, the most logical of them all.

They are doing both AP and a RB in the draft if their guy is there at the right spot.
The tenders are non-guaranteed. Dunbar could be cut at any time with no impact.

I know that thanks

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
I debate with everyone here. I don't single you out.

But I'm guessing no counter-argument from you, again? Got it.

Dude your counter arguments border on insanity. You claim to have this vast knowledge of all the things JJ says and what Murray ate for dinner last night. Yet when multi people point out facts you turn your statement around like you said that already. You said they signed Dunbar after Murray left than turned right back around and agreed with us that he signed prior to Murray leaving and twisted as though you posted that originally.

The plan in Dallas is to leave the door open for AP and do our due diligence with rbs available in the draft. We very well could sign AP and draft Gurley. Gurley isn't going to a team that needs an immediate rb. The guys gonna start on the PUP list and really won't be ready till mid season at best. They really like Gurley and a rb by committee until he's ready is the plan unless they sign AP than they can go BPA throughout the draft.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm glad that you're happy with it.

But have you factored in that the team is simply covering their bases in case they can't or don't acquire Peterson? Because that's what smart teams and smart people do.

I think you're way off base and way overvaluing pre-draft visits. They're a resource, but not anything you plan the direction of the franchise around.

I see the momentum for Peterson-to-Dallas growing and growing. And the Romo restructure now lets the Vikings, the Peterson camp, and the NFL know that they can pay him if they choose to. One more perceived roadblock knocked down.

Only way I see him coming here is if Petersen is released and agrees to sign for a more modest deal. Demarco Murray money not that contract he has now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only way I see him coming here is if Petersen is released and agrees to sign for a more modest deal. Demarco Murray money not that contract he has now.

I think the money comes down to the $8 million range but I think they'll end up giving Minnesota a draft pick or two.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think the money comes down to the $8 million range but I think they'll end up giving Minnesota a draft pick or two.

I'm on board as long as its not a top 100 pick.

AP is not playing in Minnesota next season and everyone knows it. We can wait this out.

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
That just is not true at all. Murray ranked second in the league with most runs longer than 20 yards in 2014. He did it 15 times during the season. Over the last 10 seasons only 5 guys have had more than 15 of their carries go for over 20 yards during a single season. If Murray rarely had runs longer than 20 yards it is because it is a rather rare occurrence in general in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingBigPlays

Fair enough, but I feel most of those runs were due to the massive holes created by the best o-line in the NFL. When Murray broke through the line I never, ever had the feeling he would take it to the house. He does not play like a 4.37 guy at all. Big difference between running a 40 at the combine and rushing for a 60 yard TD with pads and a helmet on.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fair enough, but I feel most of those runs were due to the massive holes created by the best o-line in the NFL. When Murray broke through the line I never, ever had the feeling he would take it to the house. He does not play like a 4.37 guy at all. Big difference between running a 40 at the combine and rushing for a 60 yard TD with pads and a helmet on.

He had the most yards before contact in the NFL. We still gave up a good amount of penetration against those heavy boxes. DMc definitely proved he could run through contact. He just had to do it less than anyone else.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on board as long as its not a top 100 pick.

AP is not playing in Minnesota next season and everyone knows it. We can wait this out.

I'm thinking along the lines of a 4th rounder this year and something conditional next year, like a 4th that could become a 2nd.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm thinking along the lines of a 4th rounder this year and something conditional next year, like a 4th that could become a 2nd.

If that is your ceiling but I don't think you have to pay that much. The Vikings leverage is overstated. The Vikings shunned him when his outcome was in question and he has taken it personally. He has to voluntarily renegotiate his deal.

Things are about to get interesting come OTA season. IF he starts making waves in the lockerroom and the press it could get really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.