Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

yimyammer

Reaction score
If that is your ceiling but I don't think you have to pay that much. The Vikings leverage is overstated. The Vikings shunned him when his outcome was in question and he has taken it personally. He has to voluntarily renegotiate his deal.

Things are about to get interesting come OTA season. IF he starts making waves in the lockerroom and the press it could get really interesting.

Amen brother, Minny is bluffing in order to try and extract something for AP!! They are EXTREMELY unlikely to pay AP 13 mill this year and no other team will give Minny a high draft pick and pay through the nose with his existing salary. Therefore, AP would have to agree to restructure which I think his agent is smart enough to tell him not to do. This forces Minny to pay him 13 mill or release him and then he can go wherever he wants.

All Dallas has to do is not panic. then just sit and wait for AP to be released and see if they can get him to sign a team friendly deal with incentives, if not, pass and move on down the road.

Its remarkable to me this isn't obvious to everyone

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Based on that statement it appears you come here to argue more than coming here to chat about this team. Anyway have a blessed resurrection weekend man.

Don't put words in my mouth. Debates come with the territory, and an open debate doesn't mean to argue in a hostile way.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dude your counter arguments border on insanity. You claim to have this vast knowledge of all the things JJ says and what Murray ate for dinner last night. Yet when multi people point out facts you turn your statement around like you said that already. You said they signed Dunbar after Murray left than turned right back around and agreed with us that he signed prior to Murray leaving and twisted as though you posted that originally.

The plan in Dallas is to leave the door open for AP and do our due diligence with rbs available in the draft. We very well could sign AP and draft Gurley. Gurley isn't going to a team that needs an immediate rb. The guys gonna start on the PUP list and really won't be ready till mid season at best. They really like Gurley and a rb by committee until he's ready is the plan unless they sign AP than they can go BPA throughout the draft.

Oh, so now it's signing AP AND drafting an RB?

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that won't be happening. Once again, look at what Lynch go for his two year deal; what do you think Peterson, the best RB in football, is going to be asking for? He's going to want equal to that, especially with this arrogant agent.

And really, you continuing to point out that Dunbar was signed before or after Murray left, it doesn't matter at all. It didn't change the point, Murray was gone for a while; Jerry Jones spoke of this in February, it was always unlikely we'd get Dez and Murray back. And again, Dunbar was tendered only three days before Murray went with the Eagles; by that time, Murray was asking for a bigger contract than Jones was offering.

You say I'm reading minds? This is coming straight from our owners mouth. He talked about getting the Dez and Murray deals done two months ago, he talked about why Murray wasn't brought back. This isn't "insanity", it's actually quite the opposite.

You're into dream scenarios, good for you and have fun with that. But I'm not, not a single thing that anyone has said about AP coming here makes sense.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Apparently getting the best RB in the league to make a run to give Romo and Witten a ring isnt a well received idea in here.

Right. Who gives a dman about 3 years from now. Hell I might not even be alive. Get AP and make a run at the title. He's the final piece.

burmafrd

Reaction score
People jump all over Elway for going all in this season. BUT I happen to think that had Manning not gotten injured it would have been the Pats going to Denver for the AFC championship game and just maybe that would have been the difference. Seattle was clearly not as good this year as last year- and Denver was clearly better on D this year then last year. So had the same cast acted out another SB the outcome might have been different.

So going all in to try and take advantage of the at best 3 years we have with Romo left is not something I would reject.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Winning a championship will be determined by the defense not the offense. We didn't even get to the NFC Champhioship game with the NFL's leading rusher this year.

Always seen ALL DAY as a one man wrecking crew. Vikings never really had a QB, TE or a WR to help Peterson.

You can't help but wonder what Adrian would be like on this Squad. Those wonders are pretty magical.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Always seen ALL DAY as a one man wrecking crew. Vikings never really had a QB, TE or a WR to help Peterson.

You can't help but wonder what Adrian would be like on this Squad. Those wonders are pretty magical.

I would have liked to have seen the 25 year old, 26 year old or 27 year old Adrian Peterson behind this offensive line. The 30 year old version won't be as good.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score

Sign AP.

And I will start "dreaming" about a story book year. With everything falling into place...... AP coming home to Dallas and putting up monster numbers breaking all kinds of records behind this Oline, Dez having another monster year, Romo, Witten,Twill and beasly having career years . That Defense coming together with Hardy and Ro and Lee leading the way with guys like Crawford, Mincy and Lawrence stepping up. Guys like Carr and Church and Scandrick have awesome years because of the pressure up front. And the Defense benefits from the Offense being so dominate with AP, and they produce turnover after turnover with Rod's hustle attack style...The entire team feeds off of it....

We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league, most likely the best offense, and a hustle, spitfire kind of Defense...RKGs everywhere and it shows up on Special Teams.

Megastars in Romo, Witten, Peterson, Dez, that OLINE and now Hardy, Lee, and RO coming into their own. All on the same page under Garret, with one goal in mind. Winning the Super Bowl.

We roll through, NY and crush Eli, Philly with Chip and DM, the skins.....and sweep the whole division. We secure HFA and have the divisional playoff and NFCCG right at AT&T stadium; we crush GB Seattle, AZ, NO or Atl,....whoever steps up. I actually like the Rams to show something next year.

But we run through them all.....and beat NE, Pitt, Den,Bal whoever comes from the AFC. We dominate the league. In stats, in wins, in ratings, in errrything. A complete domination of the entire league. 20 years of pent up frustration permeates through the fans and organization into the entire team and the city of Dallas and it will be known; The culture of losing is over.

Thats what signing a guy like AP says to the team, the fans ,the coaches, the water boys, and the league. This is what were going to try and do. Get on board or get out of the way.

And then. We do it again, the following year... because no one can stop it.

RW31

Reaction score
After all our latest moves, restructures, signings etc. we now have over 12.5 mil. left in cap space as of today. Plenty enough to fit AD in there, possibly restructuring him and lowering his salary etc. DO IT JJ! :)

esloan

Reaction score
After all our latest moves, restructures, signings etc. we now have over 12.5 mil. left in cap space as of today. Plenty enough to fit AD in there, possibly restructuring him and lowering his salary etc. DO IT JJ! :)

No. We would have to do other things. That money covers the rookie signings, McClain's contract and Hardy's upcoming cap hit as the season goes on. We would have to free up a lot more money to sign Peterson. And probably give up a draft pick. Its just not worth it. Go with a RB in the draft and we will be fine.

RW31

Reaction score
No. We would have to do other things. That money covers the rookie signings, McClain's contract and Hardy's upcoming cap hit as the season goes on. We would have to free up a lot more money to sign Peterson. And probably give up a draft pick. Its just not worth it. Go with a RB in the draft and we will be fine.
Did you just read what I posted? That number is AS OF TODAY. It's plenty enough to fit in AD, the rookie class (~3-4 mil.), more players etc.

People act like Peterson is gonna play on a 12.8 mil. salary this year. Whoever trades for him will get that number down to like 4-5 mil. and turn the rest into a bonus or something. Whether it's us, Arizona, Cleveland or whoever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.