Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The Pats. They let this guy go in FA to Pitts, declining to pay him a big contract, he gets beat out by Bell, quits, and then they pick him back up for vet min i think? I think Blount lost at least a million in that move...

I think you missed my point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually I think this is Peterson getting reinstated so he can get traded...........its hard to trade a guy on the Commishioner's Exempt List, he needs to be reinstated and good to go for Minny to start fielding offers.

Well, that much is true. As long as his status is up in the air, MIN can't say anything *but* that they expect him to be a member of the team. They're not going to sell low with a suspension looming, and nobody would trade high until it's resolved. The league just didn't seem to eager to reinstate him in the first place, and Peterson certainly sounds more pissed than he sounds sorry for what his actions have done in terms of PR. Maybe you're right that they have no choice and will have to just reinstate him, though. I just get the feeling they really don't want to.

esloan

Reaction score
so now that you got owned as regards football condition its all about money? Talk about moving the goal posts.

We get it. You don't want him and keep coming up with feeble excuses.

if you bothered to look you would find several accounts about how he is keeping in shape.
And that rust for a RB means nothing.
And that he has a chip on his shoulder which means a fair amount.

Owned?

Do you have any semblance of reading comprehension? I think not.

I never said I thought he was not in shape, I said the possibility exists that he is not in football shape. Matter of fact, in my first post in this thread, I stated that I thought he would run for 1300-1800 yards if he was a Cowboy this year. I even stated that I did not think he would get 2000+ simply because I thought Garrett wants a platoon at RB and does not want to lean on one RB the entire season the way they did Murray last year.

I think AP would probably have a great season here. I just do not think its worth a premium draft pick (possibly multiple picks) and a high contract. If they can get him for a fourth and 5-6 million a year I am all in but if it costs multiple draft picks or a first or second and 7+ million a year, I would rather go with a rookie.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, that much is true. As long as his status is up in the air, MIN can't say anything *but* that they expect him to be a member of the team. They're not going to sell low with a suspension looming, and nobody would trade high until it's resolved. The league just didn't seem to eager to reinstate him in the first place, and Peterson certainly sounds more pissed than he sounds sorry for what his actions have done in terms of PR. Maybe you're right that they have no choice and will have to just reinstate him, though. I just get the feeling they really don't want to.

I agree that Goddell doesn't want to reinstate him, but I don't see he has much choice. Peterson already took it to Federal Court and Judge Doty ruled that Peterson could not be punished under the new rule when he transgression happened under the old rule. Thus, the max penalty is 2 games under the old rule and AP missed 15 games last season. He and his lawyers will argu that he has more than paid for his crime and that any additional suspensions will be punitive in nature and they will head right back to Judge Doty if he is not reinstated.

I really don't see how the NFL can keep him suspended at this point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peterson has played all 16 games in a season 3 times during his 7 year career(not counting 2014). He has gone over 350 rushing attempts in a season only 2 times and over 300 rushing attempts in a season only 3 times. He averages 290 rushing attempts per season. Durable is a relative term. Compared to some of the elite running backs in NFL history, Peterson's rushing attempt numbers are not durable.

Serious knowledge right there.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Back to more entertaining news regarding AD.....fyi....he isn't staying in MINN....
Vikings running back [SIZE=+0]Adrian Peterson[/SIZE], in New York to seek reinstatement from the NFL, says he’s looking for a fresh start.
Peterson told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he thinks he’s ready to move on with his career.
“I am anxious to start a new chapter and get on with the rest of my life,” Peterson said, adding that he’s eager to share what he and his family went through while he was out of football last year.
Peterson didn’t specifically say that he wants his new chapter to be somewhere other than Minnesota, and he hasn’t said publicly that he wants to leave. But statements from Peterson’s agent, as well as multiple media reports, have indicated that he wants to go elsewhere because he thinks the Vikings weren’t supportive enough when he was placed on the commissioner’s exempt list last year after he was indicted for abusing his son.
Before Peterson can play anywhere, his meeting at the league office today is an attempt to convince Commissioner Roger Goodell that he should be reinstated. Goodell has indicated that he wants to hear both that Peterson feels remorse for what he did to his son and that Peterson has taken steps to ensure that he’s a better father in the future. Only after that will the NFL be convinced that he’s ready to start a new chapter.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
You don't have a lot of company out on that island.

Yeah, true, would've had a ton more company a few months ago.

It comes down to age, I would take the rest of Murray's career over the rest of AP's. Not that Murray is an outright better back than AP, he isn't.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
No way you can compare the two. One is elite and one had a very good season. I don't think I have to list whom is who.

Murray had similar production to last year from a proportional, percentage-based perspective throughout his career.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'd take Bell over Murray.

I'd take any RB with good vision over Murray.

Yes he runs tough and imposes his will on teams but the guy ran to darkness.

I can't stand RB's like him that just leave yards on the field constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.