Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
What the hell do you guys think AP was running behind in Minny? He's had an offensive line that ranks in the top 10, nearly every year since 2009. His most impressive years, and when he was truly at his peak, was from 2007-2009 when the run blocking ranked outside of the top 15.

So, he hasn't been running behind the early Houston Texans line or something the past 4 years; he's had it made behind Minny's line.

Look man you are clearly not the voice of reason here. You love Murray...great, fine, awesome.....he had one awesome year and it is time to move on. If you want to create a thread named... only mattjames opinion matters when discussing AD then create it. Your outnumbered here and it isnt even close. If your looking to stir the pot may I suggest you utilize suri on your phone? In the end you may win that "discussion".

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Look man you are clearly not the voice of reason here. You love Murray...great, fine, awesome.....he had one awesome year and it is time to move on. If you want to create a thread named... only mattjames opinion matters when discussing AD then create it. Your outnumbered here and it isnt even close. If your looking to stir the pot may I suggest you utilize suri on your phone? In the end you may win that "discussion".

I never said i was the "voice of reason", now have I? I'm providing statistics. You guys say Peterson would break records behind our line, I'm saying he's already running behind a damn good line in Minny.

And I don't "love" Murray. I've made it quite clear here that I wasn't against letting Murray go, it made sense to let him walk and I preferred to keep Dez and put money towards our defense. I even said I'd choose another RB over him in this very thread. So, no "love" for Murray just respect. I have no idea why you continue to use that argument like I'm weeping over Murray's loss, I pretty much figured he'd be gone since Jones dropped the hint it would either be Dez or Murray walking back in February. I also seem to be one of the few here excited about bringing in a young RB with potential. I don't think draft class is as deep as most others think, but there are some RBs that will come in and do just fine behind our developing line.

What I'm countering here is people saying he was "nothing special" or that the line made him, I counter these opinions with statistics. If you don't like that, sorry. I did the same with Dwayne Harris in another thread when someone said he was an "average returner". These are things fans say to make themselves feel better about players being released or them going by the all so reliable "eye test" to make judgement. And believe me, I'm guilty of this too. But once you actually do some in-depth research, you'd be surprised.

Murray was a great back, he has been since we drafted him. And as I said, if people disliked him due to injury concerns; that's a fair criticism. But ability wise? A great talent that will be hard to replace.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
What the hell do you guys think AP was running behind in Minny? He's had an offensive line that ranks in the top 10, nearly every year since 2009. His most impressive years, and when he was truly at his peak, was from 2007-2009 when the run blocking ranked outside of the top 15.

So, he hasn't been running behind the early Houston Texans line or something the past 4 years; he's had it made behind Minny's line.

Yeah he did, he also hasnt had a QB or a WR or a TE to take the pressure off of him. Hes been running into stacked boxes his entire career. Him with our line, the threat of Dez Witten Beasely and Romo at the helm is a deadly combination. Def Coordinators wouldnt know what to do.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Murray was a great back, he has been since we drafted him. <<<<< That comment is why your in a small group. Murray had one great year that is it. For a "stat" guy how you can even fathom comparing Murray to AD makes no sense...again...why some are calling you out....for the record
I never said AD will break a record...I have said he is the best RB in the NFL and would be a great upgrade over Murray. My stance on Murray is the following...he was a good back who had one great season...will he be missed...sure. How long? Depends on what the team does...if they roll with Dmac he will be sorely missed; if they bring in AD....Murray who? If they draft one of the top RBs...time will tell. Draft status is one thing, what that player brings to the field is another. As for the Murray love...my point is we get what your saying, we don't agree, you don't agree, move on.....this isnt a murray vs AD thread its a thread that has 5 million subjects centered around AD due to the fact we are limited as to where we can rant about the possibility of him coming here....this thread should be renamed "All Day" any subject, any opionion, any article....bring it....

phildadon86

Reaction score
I never said i was the "voice of reason", now have I? I'm providing statistics. You guys say Peterson would break records behind our line, I'm saying he's already running behind a damn good line in Minny.

And I don't "love" Murray. I've made it quite clear here that I wasn't against letting Murray go, it made sense to let him walk and I preferred to keep Dez and put money towards our defense. I even said I'd choose another RB over him in this very thread. So, no "love" for Murray just respect. I have no idea why you continue to use that argument like I'm weeping over Murray's loss, I pretty much figured he'd be gone since Jones dropped the hint it would either be Dez or Murray walking back in February. I also seem to be one of the few here excited about bringing in a young RB with potential. I don't think draft class is as deep as most others think, but there are some RBs that will come in and do just fine behind our developing line.

What I'm countering here is people saying he was "nothing special" or that the line made him, I counter these opinions with statistics. If you don't like that, sorry. I did the same with Dwayne Harris in another thread when someone said he was an "average returner". These are things fans say to make themselves feel better about players being released or them going by the all so reliable "eye test" to make judgement. And believe me, I'm guilty of this too. But once you actually do some in-depth research, you'd be surprised.

Murray was a great back, he has been since we drafted him. And as I said, if people disliked him due to injury concerns; that's a fair criticism. But ability wise? A great talent that will be hard to replace.

He was real good at slowing down in the open field too. Look if you want stats, heres one for you. He performed amazing in his last year of college and had a record breaking year in his contract year with us. Is that a coincidence?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Honest question;
Are you guys sure Peterson circa 2015 is even Peterson circa 2013, let alone 2012?

Also, has a player ever sat out an entire year this late in his career and come back to even match his most recent year--which in this case would be 1266 yards?

Nation

Reaction score
if all day was in this draft at his current age and he somehow managed to drop down to us in the 1st round i dont think there is a cowboy fan alive that wouldnt take him.... so why not give up a first?

Do I get to sign him at a rookie contract too, or do I have to guarantee him 20+ million dollars in the first two years of the contract?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Honest question;
Are you guys sure Peterson circa 2015 is even Peterson circa 2013, let alone 2012?

Also, has a player ever sat out an entire year this late in his career and come back to even match his most recent year--which in this case would be 1266 yards?

Hear what your saying but can we not apply the same logic as to what Gurley, Gordon, etc etc as well? Many a highly touted RB has been drafted only to fail at such lofty expectations...we have one of those RBs on the team right now. I think why most fans want AD is we know what he brings to the table, this team is close, and Romo only has 2-4 productive years left. If the team is going to make a move (which bringing in Hardy shows they are) then there is no reason not to bring in the best RB if the opportunity arises. As many has said you can still draft a top talent at RB even if AD is brought in.

Nation

Reaction score
Honest question;

Corey Dillon's 2004 season is probably the closest example, not sure of anyone ever sitting out an entire season though.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Murray was a great back, he has been since we drafted him. <<<<< That comment is why your in a small group. Murray had one great year that is it. For a "stat" guy how you can even fathom comparing Murray to AD makes no sense...again...why some are calling you out....for the record
I never said AD will break a record...I have said he is the best RB in the NFL and would be a great upgrade over Murray. My stance on Murray is the following...he was a good back who had one great season...will he be missed...sure. How long? Depends on what the team does...if they roll with Dmac he will be sorely missed; if they bring in AD....Murray who? If they draft one of the top RBs...time will tell. Draft status is one thing, what that player brings to the field is another. As for the Murray love...my point is we get what your saying, we don't agree, you don't agree, move on.....this isnt a murray vs AD thread its a thread that has 5 million subjects centered around AD due to the fact we are limited as to where we can rant about the possibility of him coming here....this thread should be renamed "All Day" any subject, any opionion, any article....bring it....

I just provided, in this very thread, statistic after statistic, after statistic PROVING he's been exceptional here since we drafted him. It's up to YOU to accept that or not, and you haven't. That's on you, not me.

And everything else you said, that's predictions. He could come to Dallas and look like a normal 30 year old RB. You just don't know. The argument should not be about what he MIGHT do here but if it makes financial sense to bring in a 30 year old RB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He was real good at slowing down in the open field too. Look if you want stats, heres one for you. He performed amazing in his last year of college and had a record breaking year in his contract year with us. Is that a coincidence?

Someone already provided statistics of Murray in the open field and how it's similar to nearly every other RB in this league.

And Murray has been playing at a high level since we got here. And he just coincidentally started playing well in a contract year? What are you not understanding? He didn't play this way for the money, we put more emphasis on the running game. We took the ball out of his hands in 2013, which Murray himself complained about.

Now we are going into conspiracy theories.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah he did, he also hasnt had a QB or a WR or a TE to take the pressure off of him. Hes been running into stacked boxes his entire career. Him with our line, the threat of Dez Witten Beasely and Romo at the helm is a deadly combination. Def Coordinators wouldnt know what to do.

He 1,300 yards in 2009 with a big time QB, and only averaged 4.4 YPC. So no, having Romo and Dez and a threat of a passing game won't make him a 2,200 yard RB. By the way, he was a better RB back then.

Anything else?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Corey Dillon's 2004 season is probably the closest example, not sure of anyone ever sitting out an entire season though.

An excellent example on many fronts.

And I would gladly take those type of results!

:thumbup:

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I just provided, in this very thread, statistic after statistic, after statistic PROVING he's been exceptional here since we drafted him. It's up to YOU to accept that or not, and you haven't. That's on you, not me.

And everything else you said, that's predictions. He could come to Dallas and look like a normal 30 year old RB. You just don't know. The argument should not be about what he MIGHT do here but if it makes financial sense to bring in a 30 year old RB.
You have proven nothing other than your opinion which clearly appeases only yourself, his stats only translate to one "great" year. Period.

silver

Reaction score
Honest question;

Randy Moss comes to mind. Oh never mind he never sat out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Randy Moss comes to mind. Oh never mind he never sat out.

The year after he returned from missing a season, Moss had 434 yards and 3 TDs.

We both know that WR and RB aren't the same physically anyway.
If we were just using age though, Moss was pretty amazing at age 30.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

In 2010, Peyton Manning threw for 4,700 yards with 33 TDs, 17 INTs and a passer rating of 91.9. That was his 13th year in the league.

In 2011 he sat out the entire year.

In 2012, he threw for 4,659 yards with 37 TDs, 11 INTs and a passer rating of 105.8. That was his 15th year in the league.

Let's not get into what he did in his 16th year in the league.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Murray = No vision. Fumbles. Slow. Injury prone. Whew! Now I feel better.:p

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

Well you can't count his first 2 years according to you because he didn't have at least 200 carries. Try again with your idiotic posts

Status
Not open for further replies.