Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He 1,300 yards in 2009 with a big time QB, and only averaged 4.4 YPC. So no, having Romo and Dez and a threat of a passing game won't make him a 2,200 yard RB. By the way, he was a better RB back then.

Anything else?

Yeah, your Agenda is showing.Id say something right now, but I dont feel like getting benched. You seem like an Eagles fan looking to stir the pot. Have a nice day ignored

DFWJC

Reaction score
In 2010, Peyton Manning threw for 4,700 yards with 33 TDs, 17 INTs and a passer rating of 91.9. That was his 13th year in the league.

In 2011 he sat out the entire year.

In 2012, he threw for 4,659 yards with 37 TDs, 11 INTs and a passer rating of 105.8. That was his 15th year in the league.

Let's not get into what he did in his 16th year in the league.

I think I should have said RB instead of "player". And 30. So my bad, as I thought that was a given.
Giant difference, imo. Manning's game is very mental and we all know he's not physically what he was. That would not remotely work at the RB position.

Anyway, like I said, it was an "honest question"....not meant at all to say Peterson could not have good year or two. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, your Agenda is showing.Id say something right now, but I dont feel like getting benched. You seem like an Eagles fan looking to stir the pot. Have a nice day ignored

Because I'm hitting you with facts, I'm an "Eagles fan"? Listen, I'm newer here because I've spent the majority of my time over on Cowboys-forum, that is all.

And no one has said Murray has had a better career than Peterson or ever will. Nobody. Stop putting words in people's mouth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because I'm hitting you with facts, I'm an "Eagles fan"? Listen, I'm newer here because I've spent the majority of my time over on Cowboys-forum, that is all.

And no one has said Murray has had a better career than Peterson or ever will. Nobody. Stop putting words in people's mouth.

You are only stating facts that fit your agenda. Everyone would win arguments with those facts. Seriously man? If thats the case i think Randle was better then murray because he had a higher YPC. And thats it, that is my opinion. One thing randle has that murray sorely lacks is top end speed. No defense was ever worried about murray taking it the house. Ever. A lineback could catch up to murray on a 50 yard run. Its ridiculous. Anyways you have your opinion, everyone on here has theirs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well you can't count his first 2 years according to you because he didn't have at least 200 carries. Try again with your idiotic posts

What are you talking about? Is this about the YPC?

There is still a large difference of comparing a back with 50 carries to a back with over 160 carries; especially comparing a second string back to a starter. If you're going to compare backs, at least choose a starter and not a role player.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You are only stating facts that fit your agenda. Everyone would win arguments with those facts. Seriously man? If thats the case i think Randle was better then murray because he had a higher YPC. And thats it, that is my opinion. One thing randle has that murray sorely lacks is top end speed. No defense was ever worried about murray taking it the house. Ever. A lineback could catch up to murray on a 50 yard run. Its ridiculous. Anyways you have your opinion, everyone on here has theirs.

And another member has already tried this.

Randle had 50 carries, Murray had nearly 400! YPC DROP the higher the carries go, what makes backs who stay in the 4.5-5.0 range impressive is when they have a high amount of carries and maintain that high YPC.

It's not even comparable.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And I have never said that. Please quote where I said it.

So, basically, he's talking about phantom posts at this point.

That's fine.
So nobody is saying it then.
I knew it was either one or none, and certainly not several.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I think I should have said RB instead of "player". And 30. So my bad, as I thought that was a given.
Giant difference, imo. Manning's game is very mental and we all know he's not physically what he was. That would not remotely work at the RB position.

Anyway, like I said, it was an "honest question"....not meant at all to say Peterson could not have good year or two. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.

Closest I can think of at the RB position is John Riggins. Sat out 1980 (retired) after having his best season to date, at the age of 30, in 1979 (1,149 yards rushing and 9 TDs) . Returned in 1981. Had a drop in rushing yards (714) but most TDs ever (13). Then in 1983 (he missed half of '82 with injuries) shattered all his personal bests at the age of 34 with 1,347 yards rushing and 24 TDs (a record at the time). Had his second best season in 1984 at the age of 35 (1,239 yards rushing and 14 TDs).

DFWJC

Reaction score
And another member has already tried this.

Randle had 50 carries, Murray had nearly 400! YPC DROP the higher the carries go, what makes backs who stay in the 4.5-5.0 range impressive is when they have a high amount of carries and maintain that high YPC.

It's not even comparable.

True...ypc tend to drop at a certain point.
If we just went by ypc, Felix Jones would have been all world 1-2 years. I actually recall some around here trying to say that; something like, he has a 7 ypc average so he could have 1500-2000 yards if we ran him. Does not work that way.
However, I do tend to think Murray benefited incredibly by having our line. No news there though.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Is this about the YPC?

There is still a large difference of comparing a back with 50 carries to a back with over 160 carries; especially comparing a second string back to a starter. If you're going to compare backs, at least choose a starter and not a role player.

Wow again you change the terms of your argument. First it was 200 carries now its 160 and they have to be a starter. My OP was to the guy who said ypc was a big reason Murray should be considered an elite back. My response was ypc doesn't always tell the whole story. I used Randle's ypc to make my point.

Again, you continue to start arguments based on your undying love for Spray Tan. Hey man we get it you love you some Murray. The FACT is he just isn't a top 5 back. 1 top 5 season season doesn't qualify a back for that honor. Ask J. Anderson, C. Johnson, ect.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Closest I can think of at the RB position is John Riggins. Sat out 1980 (retired) after having his best season to date, at the age of 30, in 1979 (1,149 yards rushing and 9 TDs) . Returned in 1981. Had a drop in rushing yards (714) but most TDs ever (13). Then in 1983 (he missed half of '82 with injuries) shattered all his personal bests at the age of 34 with 1,347 yards rushing and 24 TDs (a record at the time). Had his second best season in 1984 at the age of 35 (1,239 yards rushing and 14 TDs).

That's a good one. Thanks

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it incredible that people are actually trying to say that Murray is a better back then Peterson. Is this for real?

I see more as one person saying it rather than people.

Like Robinson Crusoe on an island.

(or Tom Hanks...)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wow again you change the terms of your argument. First it was 200 carries now its 160 and they have to be a starter. My OP was to the guy who said ypc was a big reason Murray should be considered an elite back. My response was ypc doesn't always tell the whole story. I used Randle's ypc to make my point.

Again, you continue to start arguments based on your undying love for Spray Tan. Hey man we get it you love you some Murray. The FACT is he just isn't a top 5 back. 1 top 5 season season doesn't qualify a back for that honor. Ask J. Anderson, C. Johnson, ect.

When did I say that 200 carries was the benchmark of when YPC are credible? Never. More words in my mouth.

And yes, an RB has to be a starter if you're going to compare them to another starting RB! Haha I mean, really?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Rust is NEVER good, no matter what the position is. Again, you have the prediction that he'll come back and rush for 2,000 yards behind our line, but it's just a prediction.

Uh, once again, Minny's run blocking was ranked in the top 10 when he rushed for 2,000 yards. So yeah, pretty damn good line.

And like no one knows how rookie RBs will pan out, we have no idea how Peterson will return and play. Are you willing to give a big contract and maybe some draft picks to an aging RB or are you willing to grab a young RB in the draft with a lot of potential? To me, it's easy. And you said a while back that I'm "Talking out of my ***" about the contract he'll want. Lynch got a $24 million contract, you and a lot of others think Peterson is the best RB on the planet, he's going to want to match that or at least get close to that. You better hope that he will give us two big years or it would be an absolute bust signing.

Would you take Gurley and cap space over Peterson and a Marcus Peters type?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would you take Gurley and cap space over Peterson and a Marcus Peters type?

I'll switch Gurley to Gordon (Just who I prefer in the first), but yes I would. But I'm also not against going CB/LB/DE in the first and taking an RB in the second or third either.

Status
Not open for further replies.