Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
It seems the Eagles have structured Murray's contract quite nicely, they are getting him for cheap in 2015, while 2016 and 2017 is something around $8-$9 million a year. I believe the final two years they have ways of getting out of the contract with little cap hit. He was the slightly cheaper option between he and McCoy. But, they should have just gone to the draft since they already loaded themselves up with RBs.

You are and Eagles fan. Who'd have thunk it

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I don't want Peterson merely for the fact that if we do win, people will say "Romo had stacked teams " like Lebron in Miami and if we don't, people will say "all that talent and he can't get it done."

So, then, you can say that about pretty much every SB winning QB. Elway is a good example. He didn't win squat until he had help in the running game.

Now this will happen......people will say "all that talent and he can't get it done." But that's no reason to not try everything you possibly can to win a SB. We haven't been this close in a long long time. Sure, we have made the playoffs etc etc, but we always knew we would get clobbered by whoever we played....there were 6 teams better and would clobber us. The only exception was when the Giants beat us in Dallas, on their way to beating NE in the SB. I was surprised by that loss...not shocked, but surprised. Its hard to beat any NFCE team 3 times in one season.

We sign AP/AD ....and our chances for getting Romo a SB skyrocket. And what an exciting season it would be...going up against Murray/Eagles, pushing for a SB with AP and this new attitude in Dallas.

I cant remember looking forward to a season more, then I am looking forward to this one.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So you like RB's with cases of fumbleitis. Makes sense why you are defending Murray so adamantly

Adrian Peterson

2013 fumbles - 5
2012 fumbles - 4
2009 fumbles - 7
2008 fumbles - 9
2007 fumbles - 4

In his entire career, only twice has Peterson had less than 4 fumbles in a season.

Murray had a bad first half of 2014 for sure, but then went on to have 200 carries without a fumble.

Here you go for the rest of the information on Murray and his fumbles - https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/04/free-agent-profile-demarco-murray/

"However, one knock on Murray is his propensity for fumbling. Although he had as many fumbles as any running back in 2014, his vast number of rush attempts needs to be taken into account when comparing to other players. Murray fumbled once every 109 rush attempts on average, nearly the same as the NFL average for running backs. While it is an issue for him and ball security is extremely important, it should not be a deciding factor in free agency, and is not necessarily a true weakness."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You are and Eagles fan. Who'd have thunk it

What? The information I get is from articles, and how surprising! I was interested when Murray signed with the Eagles to see the kind of contract he got instead of spewing the "THEY OVERPAID HIM!". Us giving him that contract wouldn't have made much financial sense, and I'm actually glad we'll be going for a cheaper option in the draft.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Thanks to Murray I'm a better swimmer. I can hold my breathe for almost an hour now. Every time he touched the ball I'd hold my breathe. No other rb for the Cowboys made me feel that way. Not just for the fumbles either, I was afraid I was going to see Mr. Glass back in action.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
What? The information I get is from articles, and how surprising! I was interested when Murray signed with the Eagles to see the kind of contract he got instead of spewing the "THEY OVERPAID HIM!". Us giving him that contract wouldn't have made much financial sense, and I'm actually glad we'll be going for a cheaper option in the draft.

Not only was the salary high the guaranteed money was insane for Mr. Glass

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know how YPC works. Thanks for that. I was merely stating my opinion because thats all that matters. If we are going based off of your history. The stats you posted only fit into your agenda and what you are trying to prove. Here is a stat for you. Demarco Murray cost us the GB game, he didnt secure the ball, and didnt learn from previous games in the season that your finger or 2 should be over the nipple of the ball. Not that it mattered though, he had 60 yards of free space in front of him. Probably would have gotten caught by a defensive lineman anyways

And I can easily say you have have an agenda as well, see how easy that is? Now, time to return to being adults for a second.

What do you want me to say about Murray's fumble in the playoffs? That it was awesome? No, it sucked. I wish Peppers had a shorter wingspan and Murray saw less green on that play and focused on securing the ball. Great play by the defense, bad on Murray. But Murray did help make up for it on the following drive. It was far from a game sealer, we had time to clinch a victory.

I think we all know the defensive line in that game was the biggest problem we had.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
And I can easily say you have have an agenda as well, see how easy that is? Now, time to return to being adults for a second.

What do you want me to say about Murray's fumble in the playoffs? That it was awesome? No, it sucked. I wish Peppers had a shorter wingspan and Murray saw less green on that play and focused on securing the ball. Great play by the defense, bad on Murray. But Murray did help make up for it on the following drive. It was far from a game sealer, we had time to clinch a victory.

I think we all know the defensive line in that game was the biggest problem we had.

I think the problem is we were winning in spit of the line's lack of pressure. That fumble hurt bad.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think the problem is we were winning in spit of the line's lack of pressure. That fumble hurt bad.

It hurt, but we had time to win. We had a controversial call on 4th down that reversed what could have been a completion near the goal line, and then we had two chances to stop the Packers with enough time to get our offense the ball back and drive down the field; and failed. We couldn't stop a hobbled Aaron Rodgers and made him look 100%.

That game alone showed us the need for a quality pass rusher. Thankfully, we may have one now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
40 pages.

A whole bunch of posts fussing over a running back who is no longer on the roster, within a thread dedicated to another running back with slim to no odds of joining the team.

Fascinating.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
40 pages.

A whole bunch of posts fussing over a running back who is no longer on the roster, within a thread dedicated to another running back with slim to no odds of joining the team.

Fascinating.

slim to no odds of joining the team.?

How so?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mike Fisher must read this thread a lot.

I randomly went on the forum activity on the home page and this is the only thread that has a guest that keeps popping in and out of this thread lol.

Hey Fish.. You're 0-2.. Hopefully you're 0-3 and we get Peterson.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
40 pages.

Fascinating.

Yeah, this defies all logic. I think it has less to do about the subject(s) and more to do with wanting to argue!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
40 pages.

Fascinating.

Indeed.......

spockeyebrow.png

phildadon86

Reaction score

You want to defend him till the end knock yourself out. That fumble hurt us way more then the dez catch. If you want to keep talking about a player who plays for our most hated rivals maybe you should follow him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.