Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Perfectly said. I agree totally. I think many younger fans think the big rival is Philly. And what's funny. pretty much all Eagle fans think they are Dallas' number 1 rival. To me, and you, the Commanders are still our biggest rival. If you lived through seeing George Allen licking his fingers on the sideline, and Sonny Jurgenson/ Billy Kilmer with their single-bar facemasks...Washington is the team you hate most.

I'm 29 yrs old and I've been following the Cowboys a long time. Washington was my most hated rival for a long time. Then....I went to philly to watch the Cowboys on the 14th. My opinion changed lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They kffer d him over 50 percent of the guaranteed money we did. Nothing was cheap about what they paid him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-with-18-million-fully-guaranteed-at-signing/

The complete rundown of the contract. We lowballed him completely (Which is completely understandable), but they in no way "overpaid". It's pretty much just market value for an RB. I think it was pretty much a given he'd be asking for $8 million to $9 million a year, I did get 2015 and 2016 mixed up with what they were paying him.

I think the important thing for the Eagles is they are paying less than what they would have had to pay McCoy in 2015, and after what I saw from McCoy last year, I think they are getting the better RB for a bit cheaper for at least one year.

Am I happy we got out of giving Murray that contract? Yes. As I've said, get a younger and cheaper RB in the draft with big potential. I think with how our cap is as of now, it was the smartest thing we could have done; and probably one of the harder decisions.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What? It hurt us more than the Dez catch? We had a chance to go and take the lead late in the 4th quarter, the controversial call wiped the chance away. You're really showing your bias here. The only thing that topped that is the fact that the defense couldn't stop Rodgers twice on their final drive.

My bias? Pot calling kettle black much? And yes it hurt us more. Had Murray held on to the ball we would have had 7 points and all of the momentum.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My bias? Pot calling kettle black much? And yes it hurt us more. Had Murray held on to the ball we would have had 7 points and all of the momentum.

You have no idea how it would have turned out, we still had two quarters to play. That Dez non-catch was essentially a turnover at the goal line, near for sure points after that, and a mistake in the third quarter was far more costly? Think about it. You get FAR less chances to make up for you mistakes with a few minutes left in a game than have nearly 30 minutes.

Our entire offense showed how resilient they are by scoring on their next drive after the fumble. The fumble hurt, but it was NOT what sealed the game. If we really want to get down to it, but it all factored into the loss; the good thing is, our biggest problem in that game can be improved - our defensive line.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Well since you spoke against it; I'm going to say I love them doing it. Massive thread to read if one wants and a board that is clean from spam from a every ninny who thought AP might have a chance to come to Dallas and wants to start a thread. Threads should only be started on topics where the subject is not already being discussed.

I get why it was done and I understand why it was done I just think having two threads one for one group who does not believe he is coming and one for one group who hopes/believes he may come. Which is what this thread was intended for. I have been here a very long time and have read countless threads in the FZ about a player not on this team either rumored, with an article, or heard on the radio posted and responded in here multiple times. This is the first time I can remember not being able to post about a player where you can attach a link, article, or a quote from the guy at the liquor store about a player that may come here. It is what is it....it clearly has not quenched my desire to talk about the potential of AD coming here. If I have to do it here so be it...

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
We all saw those holes last year. We all know DM doesnt have that second gear.

Imagine this guy, behind our Offensive Line and tell me we don't roll into the playoffs as favorites.
I would trade for him, I would sign him, I would pay him, and I would give him the rock,,,, a lot.

evarc

Reaction score
"Above average" does not put him a class below AD, that's like two classes or three (When AP was at his peak, which he is not now).

And he's nothing special? Here I have to throw statistics and facts at some of you, once again.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/04/free-agent-profile-demarco-murray/

"Though the Dallas offensive line was rightly lauded for fine performances over the season, that shouldn’t take attention away from what Murray was achieving behind them. In addition to leading the league in rushing, Murray nearly eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards after contact and forced the second-most missed tackles with 55. He had particularly good success on first down to often set Dallas up with good situations on second down. Among runners with at least 60 first down carries, Murray ranked fifth with 4-plus yard gains on 39% of those attempts. His 2.68 yards after contact average on first down also ranked in the Top 10."

And you people are saying that Murray is "Nothing special"? Really? Murray excels in both running AND receiving, a combination only a few RBs in this league have. He was near the top on missed tackles, had nearly 1,000 yards rushing AFTER contact, but Murray is just an average runner?

And you pulling stats from the past without giving any perspective on them is ridiculous. First off, in 2011 Murray started 7 games and racked up 800 yards (Yeah, sounds a lot better in context, does it not?), 2012 there is fair criticism due to him suffering injury, 2013 he was on pace to have a big year but it is known that we kept taking the ball out of his hands and favoring the passing game. When we actually stuck to the run and gave him a chance, along with him staying healthy, what did he do? Oh yeah, it was the offensive line, even though there are statistics that show that it wasn't the offensive line.

Can we stop with the "He was nothing special" crap now?

you leave out his injury problems and his great ability to fumble the ball at crucial times... lol great back.. nothing special.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
you leave out his injury problems and his great ability to fumble the ball at crucial times... lol great back.. nothing special.

I've already addressed both; especially his "fumbling problems".

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-with-18-million-fully-guaranteed-at-signing/

The complete rundown of the contract. We lowballed him completely (Which is completely understandable), but they in no way "overpaid". It's pretty much just market value for an RB. I think it was pretty much a given he'd be asking for $8 million to $9 million a year, I did get 2015 and 2016 mixed up with what they were paying him.

I think the important thing for the Eagles is they are paying less than what they would have had to pay McCoy in 2015, and after what I saw from McCoy last year, I think they are getting the better RB for a bit cheaper for at least one year.

Am I happy we got out of giving Murray that contract? Yes. As I've said, get a younger and cheaper RB in the draft with big potential. I think with how our cap is as of now, it was the smartest thing we could have done; and probably one of the harder decisions.

McCoy is a better rb than Murray.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
McCoy is a better rb than Murray.

He might be shiftier but there is more to being an NFL back than that.

McCoy has never run for 250 yds, 1800 yds or had 8 straight 100 yd games. He also has a lower YPC and YPG.

evarc

Reaction score
Because the staff is bad at ru
And there was a good reason for that.
And there was a good reason for that.
there is no good reason for it... why because you dont agree with others views? lol or because your forums are soooo flooded with great topics to converse on? thats a joke. this is the fan zone... and if a group of fans want to discuss news reports rumors or wishful thinking of the dallas cowboys they should be allowed but because a few dont agree or like the ideas of the many it is shut down. then people who own forums like this wonder why forums are dying as services with less restriction, ie twitter and facebook continue to grow. until one day the only people left on the forums are 10 mods and they sit around and wonder why that is. lol
look at your visits and posts for the last ten years and see how drastically they have decreased... yeah its because people dont want to be stifled and made to feel stupid by some kid in his moms basement with nothing better to do then read every single forum post and make silly rule after silly rule just to make themselves feel better.
now i am kinda rooting for the adrian peterson thing to happen so everyone can see how little these mods actually know and how silly they are.
thats just my $0.02. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Because the staff is bad at ru

there is no good reason for it... why because you dont agree with others views? lol or because your forums are soooo flooded with great topics to converse on? thats a joke. this is the fan zone... and if a group of fans want to discuss news reports rumors or wishful thinking of the dallas cowboys they should be allowed but because a few dont agree or like the ideas of the many it is shut down. then people who own forums like this wonder why forums are dying as services with less restriction, ie twitter and facebook continue to grow. until one day the only people left on the forums are 10 mods and they sit around and wonder why that is. lol
look at your visits and posts for the last ten years and see how drastically they have decreased... yeah its because people dont want to be stifled and made to feel stupid by some kid in his moms basement with nothing better to do then read every single forum post and make silly rule after silly rule just to make themselves feel better.
now i am kinda rooting for the adrian peterson thing to happen so everyone can see how little these mods actually know and how silly they are.
thats just my $0.02. :D

the reason why one platform grows while another "dies" is long and varied. on a PC it was much easier to read drivel like this and hit a full size keyboard and respond. i used to think the twitter generation was limited to 140 characters cause that was all they could understand, but honestly it could also have to do with how much typing you can do on a phone. it's a reset of how things are done that happens it seems more and more as technology advances. the idea of forums where a group of people can come to discuss may not be as easy to reach online as it used to be, but that doesn't limit the nature or importance of it.

yes, typing 140 characters or less is easier. yes, more people will do it. no people don't seem to read the entire story anymore and yes, people seem to live and die by headlines. same set of people then wonder why they get led around by the media and their 140 character hooks a lot, but hey - you be clever and think you've seen the fall of mankinds ability to succeed in a forum format.

you have an entire world to show off your enhanced skills of (insert insult here that i can get away with) and as you say, you can do it in far few characters and gain a massive following expressing yourself on the twitverse and quite honestly, that seems to be a good place for you. so yea, you have every right to act the fool and say silly things that would make corky blush and i support that.

i also support the inevitable reaction such actions will get.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Another great "news" article. I like this:

There's not a player in this draft who can step on the field and have anywhere close to the impact of Peterson. The Cowboys are bullish on Georgia's Todd Gurley but he may have to begin the season on the physically unable to perform list, according to league sources.

You know this is going to be great when we get to read "breaking news Adrian Peterson will be joining the Cowboys".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just wonder if those bashing the move or the conversations leading up to it will be quite as smug or condescending at that point?

:huh:

montgod

Reaction score

Only thing is they are paying almost the same if you add the Murray and RMathews contract together. Don't see the logic in that especially at the rb position where this draft is plentiful at the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.