Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So "uneasy" about a return to the Vikings, "anxious to start a new chapter", "we'll see" when asked if he'll show up for offseason workouts. None of those direct quotes suggest wanting to leave to you?
It suggests that he would be okay with leaving or returning. It says that he's ready to move on from the disaster of 2014. And the we'll see was before he was reinstated, because that comment came after the we'll see.

He's left himself enough outs so that if he becomes all in with the Vikings again, he won't have alienated the Vikings fan base.

OK, so you're on record as not wanting the Cowboys to deal for him. That explains things and thanks for being honest.

I've always been upfront about how I felt about the Adrian Peterson stuff. I got burnt out on the discussion awhile ago. My head feels a whole lot better after I stopped beating it against the wall. lol

You guys should know by now I don't stay in discussions long. I jump in and jump out. Read a little bit, then jump in and jump out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well if any evidence or something being said came out, it would be tampering, And we all know how much Goodell would love for us to make that mistake so your point is irrelevant

true
I was referring to media hearsay
stash pointed me to a few rumor sources though

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are only two worth worrying about anyway. GB and the Hawks. To beat them you need a bellcow. Regardless of how you feel about AP that still needs to be addressed.

I think they should add a RB, but I also think they can manufacture a solid enough running game that they won't be reliant on just one guy either. I think that was their plan anyway, even if Murray had come back.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Still don't believe anything is happening till August earliest.
AP can veto any trade
Minny wants something, but see above
AP wants to play here & don't think he doesn't
We, as an organization aren't ponying up picks or taking that salary

With that said.... I still see him here with a STAR this season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It suggests that he would be okay with leaving or returning. It says that he's ready to move on from the disaster of 2014. And the we'll see was before he was reinstated, because that comment came after the we'll see.

He's left himself enough outs so that if he becomes all in with the Vikings again, he won't have alienated the Vikings fan base.

That's very true. He has tip-toed along the line without coming right out and saying "I want out". To this point, he's left it up to his agent to be 'the bad guy'. But he has certainly not said anything that could be interpreted as looking forward to a return.

I've always been upfront about how I felt about the Adrian Peterson stuff. I got burnt out on the discussion awhile ago. My head feels a whole lot better after I stopped beating it against the wall. lol

You guys should know by now I don't stay in discussions long. I jump in and jump out. Read a little bit, then jump in and jump out.

Unless it's about movie theaters and cell phones!

:grin:

But I can sympathize with the job of a moderator and it is one that I respect but do not envy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I think they should add a RB, but I also think they can manufacture a solid enough running game that they won't be reliant on just one guy either. I think that was their plan anyway, even if Murray had come back.

Time will tell. I just have no confidence with the current regime; plus why move away from something that worked so well last year. Obviously I am intrigued with the possible addition of AP but regardless of what happens I want a bellcow.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's very true. He has tip-toed along the line without coming right out and saying "I want out". To this point, he's left it up to his agent to be 'the bad guy'. But he has certainly not said anything that could be interpreted as looking forward to a return.

Unless it's about movie theaters and cell phones!

:grin:

But I can sympathize with the job of a moderator and it is one that I respect but do not envy.

Ha! Hey, I don't stay in those discussions long either. Got bigger fish to fry like shutting down Adrian Peterson threads. lol

gmoney112

Reaction score
Given AD's contractual numbers, I think Minny is also looking at this draft and how deep it is, and really contemplating taking one of these backs in the top 3 rounds and just simply releasing AD for the cap relief.

They aren't hurting very badly on the cap, and they could definitely keep him, but releasing him would give them a ton of caproom in 2016. Draft a back this year, release AD, they still have a pretty good chance to make the playoffs if they draft well. They aren't a bad team, they just lack playmakers on offense. I don't think the difference between AD and say, Gordon/Gurley/Ajayi/Coleman/etc. is going to determine whether they win a Super Bowl this year or not so I can definitely see them releasing him outright at some point

I just can't see them keeping him at his current rate and I think this all just posturing to try and get something, anything, for him. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 2nd or a 3rd from another team, but I don't think it'll be us. If they do take a back in the draft, I think it's probably an indicator he's going to be released, and I'd be all over that like white on rice.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time will tell. I just have no confidence with the current regime; plus why move away from something that worked so well last year. Obviously I am intrigued with the possible addition of AP but regardless of what happens I want a bellcow.

I think it's about the committment to the run and staying with it no matter who you have in the backfield. With this OL, I think they can do it well enough to keep defenses honest.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Didnt his agent and a member of the vikings organization have it out in a heated manner at the owners meetings? I mean everything says he wont be in Minny next season

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I think it's about the committment to the run and staying with it no matter who you have in the backfield. With this OL, I think they can do it well enough to keep defenses honest.

Well if it doesn't work out this way I will start a thread after the year is over just for you. "Why the run game didn't work." 1. They didn't replace Murray 2. They didn't bring in AP 3. They didn't draft a bellcow. :)

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Given AD's contractual numbers, I think Minny is also looking at this draft and how deep it is, and really contemplating taking one of these backs in the top 3 rounds and just simply releasing AD for the cap relief.

They aren't hurting very badly on the cap, and they could definitely keep him, but releasing him would give them a ton of caproom in 2016. Draft a back this year, release AD, they still have a pretty good chance to make the playoffs if they draft well. They aren't a bad team, they just lack playmakers on offense. I don't think the difference between AD and say, Gordon/Gurley/Ajayi/Coleman/etc. is going to determine whether they win a Super Bowl this year or not so I can definitely see them releasing him outright at some point

I just can't see them keeping him at his current rate and I think this all just posturing to try and get something, anything, for him. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a 2nd or a 3rd from another team, but I don't think it'll be us. If they do take a back in the draft, I think it's probably an indicator he's going to be released, and I'd be all over that like white on rice.

Not saying they wont draft a RB but they drafted McKinnon last year and they are very high on him. He is a unique talent with a very high level skill set.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Vikings have a fiduciary responsibility to get the absolute most they can for AP if they are forced to do so. I doubt the newly thrifty Cowboys will be the counterpart to offer the Vikings that deal. Other teams like Oakland have too many dollars available for the Cowboys to compete in a bidding war for Peterson's services. Peterson gets no vote on where he goes, so it does not matter that he wants to be a Dallas Cowboys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I want to go fishing. Still too cold now and rainy. I gots da blues. And it ain't over no RB neither. (grammar as is please)

Status
Not open for further replies.