Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
So what exactly are the rules when it comes to AP threads?

Not allowed except when.........?

Or do we just Pm a moderator before creating a thread to be safe?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So what exactly are the rules when it comes to AP threads?

Not allowed except when.........?

Or do we just Pm a moderator before creating a thread to be safe?

This is the only one allowed until he is officially a Cowboy or the FO announce they are trying to make a trade.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saying you're unsure of a return to a team that didn't support you makes you a baby?

You're harsh.

These are the kind of thing I"m talking about, though it's not the only thing he's had to say on the topic:
""It shows you can have all the loyalty toward someone and toward an organization, a fanbase, but when things really shift and it's you or the empire, they're gonna put you out on a leash..."

"I know there are a lot of people in the organization who want me back," he said. "But then again, I know the ones who don't. It's a difficult transition, and it's not just about me. I have a wife who was able to sit back and see how people in Minnesota said this and said that, how media in Minnesota took the head of the situation with my child, and were digging into things that weren't even relevant. That wasn't people in Texas -- it was people in Minnesota that dug in and brought things out. That impacted me, but most importantly, it impacted the people around me -- my family, my kids. This came from the state I love so much, that I wish to bring a championship to? This is how they treat me when I'm down and out? You kick me?"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12350074/adrian-peterson-unsure-potential-return-minnesota-vikings

And I think that goes farther than being unsure. Again, all this about an incident he's entirely responsible for.

I"m not saying I don't want the guy or that he shouldn't play. But it's pretty obvious he dealt the Vikings a huge PR blow, cost them a year of his services and then turned around and got mad at them for how they responded to all that. Yeah, I think he's being a baby. I think he ought to just keep his mouth shut publicly in light of it being entirely an issue he created. He can be as unsure or as uncomfortable has he wants to be to them directly, and accomplish the same thing, but playing the victim publicly after he brought this all down on himself is kinda bush league.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
That's not even a discernable statement. When you have a better command of the English language and can write whatever you are trying to say in a manner that makes sense to an English reader then come back and play the game. Maybe you just need to rewrite it. I think you actually do have better writing skills.

You know what you can do with your advice, don't you? That a clear enough statement for you? I am done with this conversation...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You know what you can do with your advice, don't you? That a clear enough statement for you? I am done with this conversation...

Wow. When you leave out words in your post, what you are trying to say ceases to get said. That's your failure not mine. Don't get pissy at folks because they can't decipher your gibberish.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If it's true that they lied to him--and I"m not sure that it is, though I know he thinks it is--but they very likely might have, it's because his actions were costing them advertising dollars. They did pay him his salary during this time, though. That's a pretty big number when the guy got himself taken off the field. And to ignore the PR damage the incident caused both the league and the MIN organization is pretty unfair, I think. Again, he inflicted this himself, and then got mad at the team because he thought he deserved more/better/different support than he got.

You can read his comments as easily as I can find them and past them here for you. I don't need inside information. His statements re: the team and his displeasure with how they handled the firestorm he started are a matter of public record.

you seem to really like the vikings for some reason.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I'll be disappointed if we don't get him, but I'll hope for the rookie and the backs we do have to do well obviously.

My feeling is that I just want to do everything possible to increase our odds of winning a championship while Romo is still here and I think getting Peterson helps do that.

I feel the same. If he ends up in Minny, I don't think I will be to upset. If he ends up in AZ, for something that I think we should have matched , I will be really disappointed with the FO;

This kind of opportunity doesn't present itself very often. AP to Dallas is a perfect match.
-- Thats if your serious about winning a Super Bowl......instead of just hoping to win a SB.

I will see the hesitation as lame... After 20 years of not sniffing the SB, we put together a season that put us 2 or 3 plays away from it. We were just as good as any other team last year. And now they want to hand over the running game, the biggest reason we had that good year, to a rookie and what we have presently, and use a RBBC, and just hope that is good enough?

I would see that move as lame.... if he goes to AZ for a 2nd or 3rd....or we aren't willing to pay the 8,9 million....I will see that as being too "scared" to make a mistake.

It all depends on how this all goes down.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saying you're unsure of a return to a team that didn't support you makes you a baby?

You're harsh.

Just reread this. I didn't mean to imply he's necessarily been a giant baby already. I meant that he's going to have to be a giant baby to get released. Like Ratliff was.

But I do also think he has been publicly not very cool to that front office. If I were a Minny fan, I'd be ready to wash my hands with him, no doubt.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Just reread this. I didn't mean to imply he's necessarily been a giant baby already. I meant that he's going to have to be a giant baby to get released. Like Ratliff was.

But I do also think he has been publicly not very cool to that front office. If I were a Minny fan, I'd be ready to wash my hands with him, no doubt.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.