Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The only way if AD is coming to dallas is an outright release.

Once he is, theres going to be dozens of teams in on it, the good thing is that AD has publicly stated that he would love to play for the Boys. He isnt going to Oakland,Tampa,Jax. Arizona is a real threat but once again, AD has stated his desire to possibly close out his career with Dallas. That's a huge chip that no one else has.

Once released, its a blank slate for other teams to draw up a contract. I think a 3 yr,24 million with 18-20 mil guaranteed is something they should consider. I'm tired of seeing these 30 year old comments. Yes, he's 30 but he's from another breed. I really can't believe they will go into the season with Dmac,Randle and a rookie RB when they could have had AD (if he was released). The fact that they just simply wouldnt even entertain the idea is laughable. A guy like AD is available, you go get AP. Can you guys just imagine a pissed off AD with this Oline and passing threat? Man, barring key injuries I really don't know how you gameplan against a beast RB and WR, with a future TE working the seams and Beasley working the middle.

Lets say we go the cheaper route and roll with Gurley and he isn't what we expected in his rookie year...well now Romo's a year older in 2016 and there's no success to show for it. Let's say Gurley never becomes a Demarco type back...well yay, now we got a decent RB and retired Romo.

Go for AD

agree that Dallas will not do anything until he is released. AP really would love to come to Dallas for two reasons and the biggest one is the O line. He has NEVER run behind this good an O line and with the chip on the shoulder he has now he wants to set the NFL rushing record.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It is possible that Dallas would only want to take on one PR problem this season. Between Peterson and Hardy, they chose Hardy because of the age, the difficulty in finding an edge rusher and the ease of finding a RB.

I could be off on that but I'm not so sure they'd want 2 guys they have to answer for to everyone.

I knew damn well they weren't going to trade anything for Peterson, and while they still might try for him if he is cut... I'm not sure they'd want to do that either. He will still be expensive. He will still be 30, and paying him big dollar just doesn't go with their current MO.

We will see, I suppose.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The only way if AD is coming to dallas is an outright release.

Once he is, theres going to be dozens of teams in on it, the good thing is that AD has publicly stated that he would love to play for the Boys. He isnt going to Oakland,Tampa,Jax. Arizona is a real threat but once again, AD has stated his desire to possibly close out his career with Dallas. That's a huge chip that no one else has.

Once released, its a blank slate for other teams to draw up a contract. I think a 3 yr,24 million with 18-20 mil guaranteed is something they should consider. I'm tired of seeing these 30 year old comments. Yes, he's 30 but he's from another breed. I really can't believe they will go into the season with Dmac,Randle and a rookie RB when they could have had AD (if he was released). The fact that they just simply wouldnt even entertain the idea is laughable. A guy like AD is available, you go get AP. Can you guys just imagine a pissed off AD with this Oline and passing threat? Man, barring key injuries I really don't know how you gameplan against a beast RB and WR, with a future TE working the seams and Beasley working the middle.

Lets say we go the cheaper route and roll with Gurley and he isn't what we expected in his rookie year...well now Romo's a year older in 2016 and there's no success to show for it. Let's say Gurley never becomes a Demarco type back...well yay, now we got a decent RB and retired Romo.

Go for AD

No matter how you slice it.
We owe them for Hershel walker trade embarrassment.

They can taste payback.
AP will do that. We will be laughing stock.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
some of us on here have been saying the same thing now for awhile..PETERSON WON'T BE PLAYING FOR THE COWBOYS.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
until AP dies, signs elsewhere, or starts game 1 for Minny there will always be a handful of people who still think and believe AP is coming and any scenario given to them as to why not, is twisted into some devious plot/plan by AP to get to Dallas.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
"Sweepstakes" is not exactly the word I would use for a 30 year old running back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
some of us on here have been saying the same thing now for awhile..PETERSON WON'T BE PLAYING FOR THE COWBOYS.

Are you also part of the same club that said "There's no way they sign Greg Hardy, get over it!"?

And if you were, would you admit it?

:huh:

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
"Sweepstakes" is not exactly the word I would use for a 30 year old running back.

This is not just any run of the mill 30 year old RB. I believe he has 2 very good years left in him. There is no reason he couldn't easily clear 1500+ yards for the next 2 years behind this line providing he stays healthy.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It is possible that Dallas would only want to take on one PR problem this season. Between Peterson and Hardy, they chose Hardy because of the age, the difficulty in finding an edge rusher and the ease of finding a RB.

I could be off on that but I'm not so sure they'd want 2 guys they have to answer for to everyone.

I knew damn well they weren't going to trade anything for Peterson, and while they still might try for him if he is cut... I'm not sure they'd want to do that either. He will still be expensive. He will still be 30, and paying him big dollar just doesn't go with their current MO.

We will see, I suppose.

They never chose between Hardy and Adrian because Adrian has never realistically been available to them.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I like most of your thinking here, but I can't see anything but considerable dead money in the last year of any Peterson deal. They can't afford to pay up front so the money he will want has to come from the back end of any deal.

I think any deal will be similar in structure to the deal that Marshawn Lynch signed in Seattle. Lots of money up front to the player, and the team eating dead money after the player is gone after one or two years.

Yeah, And thats the risk. I wouldn't sign him for anymore then 3 years. And I wouldn't expect much in year 3....I would try an minimize that year 3 dead money.......

I find a way to sign him. But, come year 3 , I dont want a huge amount of dead money....No way. If he cant agree to something along those lines..... the cost for aquiring him may be too much. You know?

Draft picks? 10m a year? and then a bunch of dead money when he is not even playing...??

Its starting to add up......

I would think, maybe a 4th round pick. Or our first for their 2nd. something like that.
3 year contract. 9-11m a year for the first 2 years guaranteed. Some kind of signing bonus....then not much after that....

There is a point where it gets to be too much of a gamble..

I would push it a little to get him..... but. there is a point.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out...My gut is AZ, Wash, SD. Maybe Miami, they are going all-in it seems like, will offer more then what the Dallas Cowboys will.....

One of those teams might just push the deal way to high......? I hope not. I hope AD really, really wants to be in Dallas. Behind are mini Great Wall and in his home State.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it.
We owe them for Hershel walker trade embarrassment.

They can taste payback.
AP will do that. We will be laughing stock.

Unless Cowboys ask for another piece along with Peterson. You know Jimmy would squeeze them for everything he could. Only diff is that Jimmy likely does not trade for an older RB.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Unless Cowboys ask for another piece along with Peterson. You know Jimmy would squeeze them for everything he could. Only diff is that Jimmy likely does not trade for an older RB.

I wouldn't trade for an older RB either, unless I think it will push me into the SB. If we sign AP and don't get Romo into the SB, I will consider it a fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.