Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Unless Cowboys ask for another piece along with Peterson. You know Jimmy would squeeze them for everything he could. Only diff is that Jimmy likely does not trade for an older RB.

Interesting but you still have to overpay for switch master !

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I recall a thread on this very forum about how the Cowboys won't be pursuing Greg Hardy and yet that too proved to be untrue. No matter what the media or Wilfs would have us believe, as long as Peterson wants to be a Cowboy and the Jones' want Peterson to be a Cowboy, it remains a possibility.

Yeah but those were for different reasons. And it was easier to get Hardy. Just create a team friendly deal that protects us if he doesn't play for whatever reason. Peterson will be more difficult to acquire, as he's still a Viking. And I just don't see this team taking on a huge contract at the RB position and having to give up draft picks to get him.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
[SIZE=+0]Adrian Peterson wants out of Minnesota, Cowboys reportedly interested[/SIZE]
By@MattVerderame on Mar 24, 2015, 12:23p The best running back of this generation is having a stand-off with his current team, and the Cowboys could benefit.
Adrian Peterson wants out of Minnesota. The Vikings all-time leading rusher is ready to move on after spending nine years with the club, something his agent, Ben Dogra, announced Monday at the NFL Owner's Meetings in Phoenix, Ariz.according to Jarrett Bell of USA Today.
If Peterson eventually gets his wish, the Dallas Cowboys might be the benefactors. Dallas, which lost DeMarco Murray to the Philadelphia Eagles this offseason, are interested in bringing Peterson aboard.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Here's a whole mess of information from coverage of Hardy's trial. I invite anyone who wants to make an informed opinion to take the time and effort to read it and see if it does anything to change your mind:
http://boards.panthers.com/threads/1...rrested/page15

Wouldn't hold my breath with the guy you're quoting. If it could benefit the Cowboys he's against it. His quest has led him horribly astray.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
AP/AD on this team the way it is now would be RIDICULOUS and transcendent! Can you imagine jersey sales? Everyone wants to be a "Cowboy baby!!"" I don't blame them. Biggest stage in sports on the biggest most iconic team in sports. Even the folks off in the Alpha Centauri system watching the Star.

joseephuss

Reaction score
There is a thread about Dallas wanting to stick with the run, which means a lot of rushing attempts. Peterson averages 290 rushing attempts per season(not counting 2014). Over 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, he averaged 280 rushing attempts per season. Can he be relied upon to tote the ball more than 300 times in the season now that he has over 2000 career carries and is 30 years old?

11055495_371636929709787_1623980259_n.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah but those were for different reasons. And it was easier to get Hardy. Just create a team friendly deal that protects us if he doesn't play for whatever reason. Peterson will be more difficult to acquire, as he's still a Viking. And I just don't see this team taking on a huge contract at the RB position and having to give up draft picks to get him.

Easier is in the eye of the beholder. As long as Peterson wants to get away from Minnesota and wants to be a Cowboy and seemingly at a reduced price I don't count out the possibility of it happening.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a thread about Dallas wanting to stick with the run, which means a lot of rushing attempts. Peterson averages 290 rushing attempts per season(not counting 2014). Over 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, he averaged 280 rushing attempts per season. Can he be relied upon to tote the ball more than 300 times in the season now that he has over 2000 career carries and is 30 years old?

11055495_371636929709787_1623980259_n.jpg
You just had to post that pic, huh? :laugh:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Easier is in the eye of the beholder. As long as Peterson wants to get away from Minnesota and wants to be a Cowboy and seemingly at a reduced price I don't count out the possibility of it happening.

Not in the eye of the beholder. Hardy was not under the control of any team and all we had to do was draw up a team friendly contract. Even if Peterson does not want to stay in Minnesota, he's still under their control. Meaning to get him, we have to make some sort of trade. We are going to have to give up draft picks and pay a position the kind of money it seems they did not want to to do. To a guy 3 years older than Murray who also had serious injuries.

Does not make any sense. I'm not saying Peterson being here would not be good for this offense but it would not fit the blueprint they are working from this offseason.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Not in the eye of the beholder. Hardy was not under the control of any team and all we had to do was draw up a team friendly contract. Even if Peterson does not want to stay in Minnesota, he's still under their control. Meaning to get him, we have to make some sort of trade. We are going to have to give up draft picks and pay a position the kind of money it seems they did not want to to do. To a guy 3 years older than Murray who also had serious injuries.

Does not make any sense. I'm not saying Peterson being here would not be good for this offense but it would not fit the blueprint they are working from this offseason.

I agree, its doesn't fit what seems to be their blueprint.

Maybe the make an exception for the most dominating RB of our time?

Maybe they got caught off by how much RBs are getting paid?

Maybe this has been their plan all along, freeing up money and limiting FAs acquisitions in order to bring in Adrian Peterson...

Or maybe they have no real intention of making an offer, and are perfectly okaywith what they have....plus a rookie.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't want to pay up big time for a RB at this time. They just don't think it's worth it in the long term. I do like the idea of building through drafts. However hurt the long term because it may shorten Tony Romo's career not having a reliable run game till we get a back that can be reliable.

RW31

Reaction score
McFadden and some mid round pick. Defenses are going to be scared for sure. This franchise is going places!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I was on the fence the whole time about AP and i was always wishing we just draft a RB in round one but now I am thinking if we get AP, resign McClain and draft some pass rushers and a DB who could help on the back end then I honestly think we would be going all in on a very good Super Bowl run and that would be very exciting. Tony and Witten aren't getting any younger and we don't have Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I was on the fence the whole time about AP and i was always wishing we just draft a RB in round one but now I am thinking if we get AP, resign McClain and draft some pass rushers and a DB who could help on the back end then I honestly think we would be going all in on a very good Super Bowl run and that would be very exciting. Tony and Witten aren't getting any younger and we don't have Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.

With the signing of Hardy, I now think we probably will go with a RB in round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.