Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great I'm glad there is a consensus yet please show poll oh this is what you have seen yet I have seen some who are unsure. as for recent times he had some very poor games in 2013 season was also injured he was not playing outstanding football certainly not worth the money he was making. So excuse me if I don't want to see Dallas give up picks and big money for a 30 fricken year old RB. If you guys are wrong do me a favor lay off Jerry since this is the stupid move you guys cry about and yet are buying into hook line and sinker.

Please do a better job of capitalization and punctuation. It makes the reader's job much easier. Thanks in advance!

:thumbup:

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
AP has been an outstanding RB I'm no5t interested what he did in the past fact is at 1,200 yards that is not worth the big money it is not worth draft picks. In his prime I would have loved to have him at 30 at a low cost and nothing more than a 5th rd pick I would gladly take him but Dallas was not going to pay a guy like Ware that kind of money has he got older why on earth would I turn around and give big money to an older RB?

Name one other available player, who could come into Dallas and make a bigger impact on the goal of winning the Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years?

And, by all accounts, AP is going to be available....but I understand the doubt there. Lets just assume he will be for now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great list I would add Emmitt, TD, Hershall, Lott, Rice, ....could go on and on...

Yeah. I've got Emmitt et, al. in that other category of players who were very very good athletically, but just excelled because they had the will or the mindset or the football intelligence. Some of those guys are better than the rare athlete guys I mentioned (give me Emmitt over Barry, for example), but they're less freakish athletes and more 'cut off that finger tip so I can go back in and we can win' kind of great.

Though Herschel definitely belongs on that list. Rice too, maybe. I went back and forth on him, though he's probably the greatest player at his skill position of all time.

There are just some guys where you can disconnect from the game and just sort of watch the action and it's kind of beautiful in and of itself. Anyway, AD is like that, and I think he might be the only guy in the league with that sort of athletic ability right now. Which is why, even at his age and expense, I'd still consider even coughing up a decent pick for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
A 4th round pick is a low probability pick of finding a stud player anyway. Plus, with comp picks next year, we'd likely get that 4th back anyway and then some.

This is a classic case of fans where they they think they are smarter than they really are. If you can get a stud talent like Peterson for two 4th round picks and you pass........... holy hell.

I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else I also can think for myself. who the hell are you? what you have a view and if I don't go along with it something is wrong with me? I don't want a 30 year old back I don't want to give up picks for that 30 year old back. if you don't like my view fine. If that is not good enough to damn bad

gmoney112

Reaction score
I say that because one was still a young RB the other a RB on the downhill side. The cost factor on Murray very low on a rookie deal that does not appear to be the case with Peterson.

No, I know what you mean.

It's just you can't use the yards AD got in 2013 as any sort of judgment as to his ability. Yards didn't mean anything to his actual ability. He was still the best RB in the NFL, even then.

But I certainly can see your opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Name one other available player, who could come into Dallas and make a bigger impact on the goal of winning the Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years?

And, by all accounts, AP is going to be available....but I understand the doubt there. Lets just assume he will be for now.

by all accounts? yes and some of those accounts claim a 2nd rd pick some of those accounts do not discuss any type of discount price. I'm sorry guys I don't feel as you do, I don't see AP as the end all be all way to the SB I think a 2nd rd pick can be used to help build this defense I think there is good young talent at RB out there. we are entitled to our views I have given mine

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else I also can think for myself. who the hell are you? what you have a view and if I don't go along with it something is wrong with me? I don't want a 30 year old back I don't want to give up picks for that 30 year old back. if you don't like my view fine. If that is not good enough to damn bad

The view is strange when you consider 4th round picks are low probability hit rates on finding quality players AND you are likely going to recoup that fourth rounder next year anyway through comp picks.

So essentially you'd be looking at getting arguably a Top 5 back for one 4th rounder (and mind you,. a salary restructure).

I honestly question the sanity of any person that wouldn't do that. Even if he were good for just one year, a 4th rounder is well worth that.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

you might want to take five and go view the latest Star Wars trailer...I'm sensing alot of anger in you today doom.....errr..wait....are you the emperor??
Doom=Emperor
Mattjames=Jar Jar Binks
Dead guy from the matrix=yeah....you don't fit in this thread....but you three are a trilogy....no doubt...go watch the trailer Doom and come back refreshed and happy:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
at a low end cost and without top picks sure be glad to have him come to Dallas.

Yeah, gotta have that 4th rounder for the next Derrick Lassic, or Willie Jackson, or Eric Bjornson.

Or maybe the next Macey Brooks or Nicky Saulua? How about Jamar Martin? Or Skyler Green? Hate to lose out on talent like that!

And I'd never forgive myself if we gave up the chance for the next Isaiah Stanback or Brandon Williams! And we'd never recover from missing out on Akwasi Owusu-Ansah!

Or David Arkin, Matt Johnson, BW Webb....

:muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 4th round pick is a low probability pick of finding a stud player anyway. Plus, with comp picks next year, we'd likely get that 4th back anyway and then some.

This is a classic case of fans where they they think they are smarter than they really are. If you can get a stud talent like Peterson for two 4th round picks and you pass........... holy hell.

It's embarrassing, isn't it?

:facepalm:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The view is strange when you consider 4th round picks are low probability hit rates on finding quality players AND you are likely going to recoup that fourth rounder next year anyway through comp picks.

So essentially you'd be looking at getting arguably a Top 5 back for one 4th rounder (and mind you,. a salary restructure).

I honestly question the sanity of any person that wouldn't do that. Even if he were good for just one year, a 4th rounder is well worth that.

No it is not, I'm not interested in a 30 year old RB not at all. You are good for you. Dallas has done a good job of cutting older guys not going out and collecting them. You want a quick fix and more times than not the quick fix does not work all it does is cost you other talent and money spent.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd give a 3rd rounder. I'd be tempted to give a 2, but the opportunity cost is just too much.

Yeah. I've moved up a bit. When I think about the backs in this draft, there are a couple guys I'd take legitimately in the 2nd. I honestly think AD over a three year period will be better than any of those guys over a 4 year rookie contract. That's about the top end of where I'd go. Of course, there's also a cap hit with that, and that has me thinking maybe 3rd round is more likely the fairer area, but that 2nd is a high enough pick that I think it ought to get it done.

I'd especially like it if we moved back from 27 and added a 3rd or a 4th so we can still add another defender to our rotational depth, which is getting better but is still not nearly good enough for my liking yet. But AD is just a special player and he's gonna cost you something if you bring him in. You gotta be realistic about it, right?

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's our history of 4th round picks:

2014 - Hitchens (nice)
2013 - Webb (boo)
2012 - Wilber (ahhhh)
2012 - Johnson
2011 - Arkin
2010 - Owusu-Ansah
2009 - McGhee, Butler, Williams
2008 - Choice

In other words, other than Hitchens and maybe Wilber that's a sorry bunch of 4th rounders. And the fact some wouldn't trade a 4th rounder for Peterson is beyond peculiar.

Sydla

Reaction score
No it is not, I'm not interested in a 30 year old RB not at all. You are good for you. Dallas has done a good job of cutting older guys not going out and collecting them. You want a quick fix and more times than not the quick fix does not work all it does is cost you other talent and money spent.

You aren't adding a ton of older guys. You are adding one. One that is arguably a Top 5 TB in this league when you don't have a Top 35 TB on your team.

Honestly, you make little to no sense, especially in light of the fact when you look at the history fo 4th round picks that you apparently think is so valuable.

mickswag

Reaction score

So you'd rather have Anthony Hitchens, B.W. Webb, Matt Johnson, David Arkin, or AOA than AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.