Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about the whole thing is, that I think that the Vikings really don't want Peterson to land in Dallas. Dallas could offer the world but the Vikings probably end up trading him to Oakland for a second or third rounder.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see.. you are sitting there with 20 million + in your bank account and have been all over the world and done all kinds of things. What's left? I know... make your dreams come true by playing for the team you grew up idolizing and winning a super bowl.
Except he doesn't control his destiny.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow this thread grew.

No better than a 4th and he takes a paycut in half or I think it's a bad deal. I don't particularly like giving up our 4th. There is a lot of talent for day 3 of this draft.

I think there is less than a 10% chance that Dallas would draft a kid in the 4th round that would have even half the talent Peterson has, even at age 30.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think there is less than a 10% chance that Dallas would draft a kid in the 4th round that would have even half the talent Peterson has, even at age 30.

No, but the guy we draft in the first two rounds has a significant chance to produce more for the team over the course of his rookie contract than Peterson in 2015-2018. We could use that $7-$12m and 4th round draft pick on the defense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Play it smart

Have a short board of about 3-4 RBs in this class that we feel comfortable carrying the load...if we don't land any of those backs...pick up the phone and call the vikes

Gurley
Gordon
Ajayi

I'm not comfortable relying on anyone else out of this class

I definitely don't trust ajayi. Coleman over him for sure

ufcrules1

Reaction score

No, but he can really make the Vikings regret not trading him away/cutting him. I mean do you really want a player on your team that doesn't want
to be there? If that's not bad enough, they are going to have to pay him a ridiculous amount of money and they have ZERO chance of making it
to a super bowl. All signs are pointing to a trade in my mind.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, its not. Not even close...................

Murray was in his 4th year. And was finally able to stay healthy..
Seems a lot of players tend to stay healthy and ramp up their play as well as play 16 games during their contract year. That is why it is so hard to throw money at players that have that type of year during their contract year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Sure he does, if he's willing to go all in and pull a Ratliff. He can show up and claim to pull a muscle, then refuse to be seen by the team doctor, and let the team twist in the wind until they do something. He can show up and fumble every time he touches the ball. What would the Vikings do then? Keep him and let him do that in a game? No one wants a player that doesn't want to be there and will not give 100%. AD can put them in a situation where they have to pay him $12 million but will get nothing close to that in return. I think it's safe to say their tune will change when they realize that. It all depends on what AD is willing to do to get what he wants. Ratliff and Orton proved that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
and he got 8

I've been crying to get him re-signed since last year.

I believe we could have got him for 4/24-28m with 16m guaranteed.

Take the 8m for Carr, the 1.5m each for Dunbar, CJones and Gachkar, 3m from Witten's restructure and we would have plenty to sign him.

Reaction score
I've been crying to get him re-signed since last year.

I believe we could have got him for 4/24-28m with 16m guaranteed.

Take the 8m for Carr, the 1.5m each for Dunbar, CJones and Gachkar, 3m from Witten's restructure and we would have plenty to sign him.

I feel you. I liked Murray. But last year was his best and most healthy year. Coincidentally in a contract year. I just didn't see paying that much to a guy in that situation.

phildadon86

Reaction score
At the end of the day. I'm definitely pro AP. If we can't get him. And Gurley or Gordon fall to us you take them. If not. Coleman. My only issue with a rookie rb is pass protection and picking up the blitz

joseephuss

Reaction score
I feel you. I liked Murray. But last year was his best and most healthy year. Coincidentally in a contract year. I just didn't see paying that much to a guy in that situation.

It being his contract year doesn't matter. It isn't as if he could have controlled his past injuries. He broke his leg his rookie season. I'm sure he didn't decide to let himself get severely injured because he knew he wasn't in a contract year as a rookie. There are legitimate reasons not to have over paid for Murray, but last year being his contract year was not a factor.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I just woke up from a little nap. Where are we in the 30 year old, AARP, RB sweepstakes?

burmafrd

Reaction score
It being his contract year doesn't matter. It isn't as if he could have controlled his past injuries. He broke his leg his rookie season. I'm sure he didn't decide to let himself get severely injured because he knew he wasn't in a contract year as a rookie. There are legitimate reasons not to have over paid for Murray, but last year being his contract year was not a factor.

you just explained why Dallas let him go. He only had one really big year that he managed to play in most of the games. You do not give big bucks to someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.