Adrian Peterson Sweepstakes ***Officially reinstated (again) and merged***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think this comes down to either AP forces his way out of Minny, Minny caves and cuts him, or he plays in Minnesota.

I think it's a situation similar to Carr's here. The team wants the player to take a pay cut, if he declines, the team either pays him or cuts him. Carr actually wants to be in Dallas, and Peterson wants to be in Dallas too. That's the big difference in the two situations.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Who am I? Shall I introduce myself? I am the OCD **'er that reads every thread on CZ and needs order for the world to make sense. I don't demand it but I will exercise my right to suggest it. Good to meet you Mr. Chaos. Now that we've been introduced, Who are you to willy nilly talk about whatever you want on any thread you want. Hijackers like you ruin forums and created chaos from order. Derailing the train from the tracks makes no difference to you what so ever. Do what you will... I can't stop you. I was just trying to help keep the topic on track but oh well... do as you please.

That should be "create" Mr.Ocd, is your day ruined?

Sydla

Reaction score
No, but the guy we draft in the first two rounds has a significant chance to produce more for the team over the course of his rookie contract than Peterson in 2015-2018. We could use that $7-$12m and 4th round draft pick on the defense.

I am confused by your point. You were talking about how there's all this talent on the 3rd day and how you hate giving up a 4th for Peterson............... now you want to talk about the first two rounds, which we aren't even sure the Cowboys would even use on a TB anyway.

You are just bouncing from argument to argument.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Huh?

A 4th round pick does not have a significant chance to produce more than Peterson over 2015-2018.............. because 4th round picks have a low probability of ever amounting to anything in the league in the first place.

Maybe but $35m and a 4th round pick undoubtedly could.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
You should also prepare a snarky crying face for when they do.

You know, just in case...

:flagwave:

Eh, it was just a joke more than anything. I would not be upset if he were to sign for Dallas as long as there was no trade and he signed a reasonable contract.

GoBigD

Reaction score
11148552_975552042469860_2169856497195232394_n.jpg

jnday

Reaction score
I think all this talk of getting a rookie RB in the draft is off topic. Acquiring Adrian Peterson is the topic so unless you are talking about trading draft picks to Minny to pry AP away from up north, all this other draft talk belongs somewhere else. There is a designated area for draft talk so go to it.

The two options are strongly tied together. There is a choice to be made between the two that will decide the direction of the team's running game.

jnday

Reaction score
I want a rookie that can carry the load

I agree. I want the best RB in the draft that can not only maintain the current running game, but improve it over the next few years. RB by committee is not an option to me. All great RBs have said that they improve as the game goes on and they get in a flow and feel for the game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, it was just a joke more than anything. I would not be upset if he were to sign for Dallas as long as there was no trade and he signed a reasonable contract.

Fair enough!

:thumbup:

I'm always in for a good joke!

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Go back and watch some film on Coleman. He's a poor man's Gordon. Neither one of those guys faced any tough run defenses and when they did look at their production. System backs which is why QBs from Oregon and RBs from WIS suck in the NFL.

True but in colemans case he was the offense, played hurt all year, doesn't fumble, and has a 4.4 40. I wasn't that high on him until a month ago but mark it down I predict he will be the best back in this draft. I can't even remember when Indiana put out any talent let alone a rb. Plus I have given up on the notion of landing gurely or Gordon and he wouldn't be a reach at 27 in my opinion.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Rookie won't have to carry the load. McFadden, Randle, maybe Ryan Williams, and the rookie.

Really look at that list..one Ajayi..most overrated back in this draft..he fumbles so much a quick gush of air in a stadium poses a threat, Gordon/gurely are gone, now who is left? Two injury prone rbs and one who most likely has been told is not welcome back. No way no way does this team go into the season without a bellcow and the current regime as compliments.

JBS

Reaction score
Pending on the cost of Peterson...if we can get him for a third...that would also free up our 1st and 2nd round picks...now we can really focus on defense

1. K. Johnson
2. D. Randall
3. Peterson

Or substitute 1 or 2 for a DL

Now we are in business

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
True but in colemans case he was the offense, played hurt all year, doesn't fumble, and has a 4.4 40. I wasn't that high on him until a month ago but mark it down I predict he will be the best back in this draft. I can't even remember when Indiana put out any talent let alone a rb. Plus I have given up on the notion of landing gurely or Gordon and he wouldn't be a reach at 27 in my opinion.

I think if they don't land AD they will move up to get Gurley. That said, they won't have to move far and they may not have to move at all to get him. The 2 teams that are in desperate need of a RB is AZ and BAL (rule SD out because there's a real possibility that they trade Rivers for MM) BAL is said to be very high on Gordon and AZ needs help now which rules out Gurley for them. Gurley is expected to start the season on the PUP list. AZ can't afford to wait that long for a back to contribute.

We can. Any combination of DMC, Randle, Williams will be enough to get us through till Gurley is ready. Gurley is by far the best RB prospect since possibly AD came out of college. Coleman is a lot like Murray IMO watch him run so I see why the Cowboys would like him. However, he could go to AZ who seem to be very high on him too.

OO will be the 1st pick if we land AD

JBS

Reaction score
You make all of these excuses as to why other teams could pass on a RB

You can make just as many excuses as to why we will pass on a RB

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Pending on the cost of Peterson...if we can get him for a third...that would also free up our 1st and 2nd round picks...now we can really focus on defense

1. K. Johnson
2. D. Randall
3. Peterson

Or substitute 1 or 2 for a DL

Now we are in business

I don't think it will be just a 3rd. BTB insiders keep leaning toward a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
You make all of these excuses as to why other teams could pass on a RB

You can make just as many excuses as to why we will pass on a RB

He's injured and won't be available until the middle of the season at best. None of the RB desperate teams have the line or depth that we do to make it work.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't think it will be just a 3rd. BTB insiders keep leaning toward a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd this year and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Yeah and John clayton says no more than a 4

Status
Not open for further replies.