News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

links18

Reaction score
If it's Buffalo-KC then I say play it in Indianapolis where even weather won't be a factor. Cincinnati is close to Indy, though, so if it's them it won't be very neutral.

Cincy is literally an hour and a half drive from Indy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not really sure how I feel about neutral site game. You work all year to get home field to not get the advantage of it.

Yes true, that is why those teams fans will be upset, and can’t blame them.
However the other teams can be upset they did not get a chance to secure that spot.

I am sure Baltimore fans are angry that they don’t get a chance for the division. However if Cincinnati had the chance to win it anyway if they were to went on to beat Buffalo.

Just an unfortunate situation. I like the Bengals, but will accept what ever they end up doing. We really have no choice.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I prefer this simpler solution, rather than rearranging the playoff schedule.
how hard would it be to simply push the entire schedule back 1 week. NOthing would change except date of games. Doing what they are doing now has all sorts of craziness being discussed.

1 seed or bye week choice..... neutral site championship game, extra team in playoffs..... thats all nuts.

TWOK11

Reaction score
In the long run this will hurt the perception of the league. If any of the teams involved suffer a playoff defeat that can be tied to this refusal to make up the game there will be a historical asterisk in the minds of many.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's Buffalo-KC then I say play it in Indianapolis where even weather won't be a factor. Cincinnati is close to Indy, though, so if it's them it won't be very neutral.

I mentioned Indy in a post, as well Detroit. They could also use Atlanta or even Nashville.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the long run this will hurt the perception of the league. If any of the teams involved suffer a playoff defeat that can be tied to this refusal to make up the game there will be a historical asterisk in the minds of many.

There are many historic asterisks already in the NFL, and not just playoff games. :laugh:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If we don’t want to introduce another bye or start early, perhaps entertain an additional one week prior to the playoffs starting which would permit any makeup games due to weather or acts of god.

TWOK11

Reaction score
There are many historic asterisks already in the NFL, and not just playoff games. :laugh:

This would be particularly noteworthy and unique in both its scope (number of teams impacted) and in the fact that it’s not tied to an officiating error as most such instances are.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
how hard would it be to simply push the entire schedule back 1 week. NOthing would change except date of games. Doing what they are doing now has all sorts of craziness being discussed.

1 seed or bye week choice..... neutral site championship game, extra team in playoffs..... thats all nuts.

This thread isn't about "craziness being discussed". It's been decided, and there isn't an extra team in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Pushing everything back one week affects the TV networks involved, who have other things scheduled the week before the Super Bowl. The money they pay is a factor.

triplets_93

Reaction score
A number of NFL games have been moved from the original sites. Team fans are NEVER guaranteed that the team will play at the home stadium. It must in the fine print somewhere that the fan can't sue if the NFL decides to play the game somewhere else. They get there money back, but no travel expenses and boarding at another city....

Snow caved the roof in Minn.

CA fire smoke caused a game to moved to Phoenix

Hurricane damage to the Superdome.

And on and on...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Not really. The (now) Commanders won a Super Bowl in a season that had a 9 week schedule and 16 playoff teams. They won another in a season with a 15 week schedule, including three games played by replacements. No one talks about either of them as having historical asterisks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Exactly like I said would happen. Rearranging the playoffs made no sense. The easy answer is just what the league did. The players don't care about finishing so why should anyone else?

How do you know the players dont care? Every Bengal could 100% want to play this game, but not a single 1 of them would say so, because they know what the reaction would be. Did you see diggs in the team huddle screaming at the team after that injury trying to get the team fired up to PLAY??? you think he was doing that because he was so distraught and was looking for team support?