News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
in your opinion... and the more people post on this as time goes by, you are going to see that more and more people do not subscribe to your opinion. Just read these responses, im not alone in my thoughts.

Because people like pissing and moaning ...... about anything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
in your opinion... and the more people post on this as time goes by, you are going to see that more and more people do not subscribe to your opinion. Just read these responses, im not alone in my thoughts.

Emoting is a lot easier than thinking, so of course you're not alone. That has no bearing on the value of said opinions.

Ignoring TV contracts, claiming to know how players feel, and other baseless assumptions lead to opinions lacking substance.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
They could have just a flipped a coin to determine where the game would be played or used other tie breakers like common opponents, etc. :)

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I read that the owners are going to vote on the this, in terms of the scenarios proposed. I think 24 of the 32 have to approve. I assume it will pass but what a mess if it doesn’t.

I live in KC and I know some of the Kansas City season ticket holders aren’t too happy with the neutral site proposal in terms of will they be guaranteed tickets, where will they have to travel to, etc.

I thought to myself…maybe you will lose to Da Raiders and the Bills win and it will be a mute point:)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
easy to do, and wouldnt change a single thing about the playoffs. Not sure why they didnt do this.

Changes a lot, actually. Fans of teams that have already clinched have planned to travel in like a week.

What are they supposed to do? The decision made impacts 1 potential game instead of every playoff game.

Push the playoffs back and people have already spent thousands of dollars on Super Bowl reservations. Now what? I guess you could cancel the pro bowl stuff but now you’re compromising the actual SB by have players who aren’t well rested.

Personally, I’d declare the team who was winning the winner. That or consider it a no contest and win percentage determines playoff placement. If it were tied, call it a tie.

The decision made impacts teams and fans the least. It sucks but that’s where we’re at.

Jayinem

Reaction score
So it's just like the game never happened no one won and no tie? Odd.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not just TV schedules but all the logistics involved, they chose the least disruptive path. This decision affects a smaller number teams and less complicated than involving all the playoff teams.
what logistics would have been so difficult to deal with? They have moved games hundreds of miles a few days before the game was to be played.... not a problem in sight.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Emoting is a lot easier than thinking, so of course you're not alone. That has no bearing on the value of said opinions.

Ignoring TV contracts, claiming to know how players feel, and other baseless assumptions lead to opinions lacking substance.

Saturday/Sunday afternoons in January? Yup, primetime network tv right there.

I think you're making that a much bigger factor than it is.

plymkr

Reaction score
Just call it a draw. It is what it is.
That's what I thought they would do. Treat it as a tie, as if they played to a tie. Then moving forward they could use all the rules and tie breakers affecting the playoffs as if it was a tie. But overall this has never happened before and hopefully never happens again. The best news from today is Damar is improving.

Flamma

Reaction score
I read that the owners are going to vote on the this, in terms of the scenarios proposed. I think 24 of the 32 have to approve. I assume it will pass but what a mess if it doesn’t.

I live in KC and I know some of the Kansas City season ticket holders aren’t too happy with the neutral site proposal in terms of will they be guaranteed tickets, where will they have to travel to, etc.

I thought to myself…maybe you will lose to Da Raiders and the Bills win and it will be a mute point:)

Season tickets includes playoffs in KC?

Flamma

Reaction score
Changes a lot, actually. Fans of teams that have already clinched have planned to travel in like a week.

What are they supposed to do? The decision made impacts 1 potential game instead of every playoff game.

Push the playoffs back and people have already spent thousands of dollars on Super Bowl reservations. Now what? I guess you could cancel the pro bowl stuff but now you’re compromising the actual SB by have players who aren’t well rested.

Personally, I’d declare the team who was winning the winner. That or consider it a no contest and win percentage determines playoff placement. If it were tied, call it a tie.

The decision made impacts teams and fans the least. It sucks but that’s where we’re at.

I've noticed a constant in this thread. Why fans might not like something. How fans might be inconvenienced. Fans are at the butt end of the league's concerns. Owners care that there are fans, but they don't care who they are. Same with season ticket holders. Don't like it? Someone else will buy them.

I like your idea if they chose not to continue the game. But don't think they're going to go out of their way for fans. We're easily replaced.