After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I hear ya. What’s really bizarre to me is Martin. Only one hold this season which is about his average with like 8 in his career . I don’t care how great he is ,dude is bound to hold someone more than once a year.

Holding is a pure judgment call. And you have to see it as well. I do think the greater athletes often get the benefit of the calls. Not that it’s bias but I think it’s natural instinct to believe it’s more likely needed to cheat in order to defend a greater player. And once a player has history then they’ll watch closer.
What’s up with holds vs Micah?

And you are describing a bias by definition, no matter how you try and excuse it. And I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just know there is bias.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
You feel that referees that enforce rules are external?

So is the SEC some external force that wall st. doesn’t factor in because they have no bearing on business?

No,....I feel that the Cowboys would have won every single game and Championship since 1995.... but then The Refs didn't want it to happen.

Are you content now that you've heard what you wanted to hear? Or are binkies and paci's also required?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No,....I feel that the Cowboys would have won every single game and Championship since 1995.... but then The Refs didn't want it to happen.

Are you content now that you've heard what you wanted to hear? Or are binkies and paci's also required?
Thanks man!!

No. Keep the paci and stick in your butt.

Go Cowboys! I like your style playboy!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s up with holds vs Micah?

And you are describing a bias by definition, no matter how you try and excuse it. And I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just know there is bias.
We can only suspect there is. And I’m not sure I’d argue that preference or history is the same intent as bias .

The bigger issue is the league manipulating results with organized corruptive officiating . And why I initially chimed in refuting such outlandish claims .

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The cons simply don’t outweigh the pros for corrupting the results. The league has been prospering regardless who wins .

Any additional benefit by some teams winning rather than others wouldn’t be worth the cost if corruption in officiating to throw games was ever revealed.

And why does anyone ever blow the whistle . Maybe the 200 grand a year isn’t enough. Maybe they didn’t get to call the games they wanted . Maybe they were terminated. Who knows .

And if there was truly suspicion of corruption I’d imagine DOJ could arrange an undercover official.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the pros outweighing the cons. Especially when good old human nature gets involved and pros vs cons starts to get a bit murky.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We can only suspect there is. And I’m not sure I’d argue that preference or history is the same intent as bias .

The bigger issue is the league manipulating results with organized corruptive officiating . And why I initially chimed in refuting such outlandish claims .

Good point.

I dont buy the "organized conspiracy" crap either, that is usually what fans say to justify a loss. Bad calls happen in sports.

Besides, fans act like Dallas is the only team in the league that gets screwed by the refs. Go watch some other games, there are plenty of missed calls and just plain bad calls in those games also. Now that is not to say that there is no bias involved among individual refs, especially among star players. Justin Fields can get picked up and body slammed and there is no flag, but if a DE even farts in the direction of Tom Brady there is a flag.

And if you think the NFL refs are bad, go watch an NBA game.................I swear, some of those NBA refs officiate like they got money on the game, I aint joking either, for real.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Case in point is Connor Williams - 11 holds in 2021 with the Cowboys

0 holding in 2022 - How is that even remotely possible???????

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillCo00.htm#all_ol_penalties

Tell the whole story. Before the 11-hold season, he had 5, 2, and 3 holding penalties in 10, 11, and 16 games, respectively with the Cowboys. You're telling me that only having 3 holds in 16 game starts is not remotely possible for having none in 11 so far this year? So did refs decide that 2021 was "Connor's year" as they pick on Cowboys to cheat year after year? Do you know if he was playing hurt last year? Were his linemates extra sucky last year? Did not being re-signed light a fire under him to rededicate himself? Did new coaches discover and correct a flaw we couldn't? Did he himself do extra consultation during the off-season to help himself improve?

Literally 5 other possibilities off the top of my head that are each more plausible than jumping directly to the most evil of contortionist options that a CONSPIRACY! was amiss. But this is what y'all do in ignoring the simplest explanations to make huge convoluted supposition leaps grounded in personal fear of your team being persecuted to use as an excuse for losing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tell the whole story. Before the 11-hold season, he had 5, 2, and 3 holding penalties in 10, 11, and 16 games, respectively with the Cowboys. You're telling me that only having 3 holds in 16 game starts is not remotely possible for having none in 11 so far this year? So did refs decide that 2021 was "Connor's year" as they pick on Cowboys to cheat year after year? Do you know if he was playing hurt last year? Were his linemates extra sucky last year? Did not being re-signed light a fire under him to rededicate himself? Did new coaches discover and correct a flaw we couldn't? Did he himself do extra consultation during the off-season to help himself improve?

Literally 5 other possibilities off the top of my head that are each more plausible than jumping directly to the most evil of contortionist options that a CONSPIRACY! was amiss. But this is what y'all do in ignoring the simplest explanations to make huge convoluted supposition leaps grounded in personal fear of your team being persecuted to use as an excuse for losing.
Quit saying CONSPIRACY. That's an excuse for refusing to acknowledge there is bias officiating against the Cowboys. Evidence galore.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Quit saying CONSPIRACY. That's an excuse for refusing to acknowledge there is bias officiating against the Cowboys. Evidence galore.

Literally gave 5 simpler explanations. How about addressing those? But no, let's go the convoluted route of CONSPIRACY!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Honest question.........if you truly believe there is a bias among all the refs in the league to screw the Cowboys every game, why are you still watching or caring?

At that point, isn't the NFL just a different version of WWE?

I stopped watching pro wrestling at like age 12 when I realized it was all staged and the winners and losers were predetermined to promote some story line. If I ever felt the NFL was rigged or staged or the refs predetermined who would win, I would stop watching the NFL as well.

So why are you still watching or caring if you believe this?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good point.

I dont buy the "organized conspiracy" crap either, that is usually what fans say to justify a loss. Bad calls happen in sports.

Besides, fans act like Dallas is the only team in the league that gets screwed by the refs. Go watch some other games, there are plenty of missed calls and just plain bad calls in those games also. Now that is not to say that there is no bias involved among individual refs, especially among star players. Justin Fields can get picked up and body slammed and there is no flag, but if a DE even farts in the direction of Tom Brady there is a flag.

And if you think the NFL refs are bad, go watch an NBA game.................I swear, some of those NBA refs officiate like they got money on the game, I aint joking either, for real.
Yep

Star players have always received more calls. In all sports because we assume you need to bend the rules to slow or impend them. I’m not sure that fits under the bias description some are using.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honest question.........if you truly believe there is a bias among all the refs in the league to screw the Cowboys every game, why are you still watching or caring?

At that point, isn't the NFL just a different version of WWE?

I stopped watching pro wrestling at like age 12 when I realized it was all staged and the winners and losers were predetermined to promote some story line. If I ever felt the NFL was rigged or staged or the refs predetermined who would win, I would stop watching the NFL as well.

So why are you still watching or caring if you believe this?
Right. Why would anyone want to take Fake Football serious . Naaaa, it’s mere sour grapes and excuses.

That said there are systemic core issues with consistent officiating .

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Right. Why would anyone want to take Fake Football serious . Naaaa, it’s mere sour grapes and excuses.

That said there are systemic core issues with consistent officiating .
Yeah, I agree that the officiating is too subjective especially from crew to crew. One crew lets the WRs and DBs hand fight all game with no flags and some crews call every tick tack jersey tug.

This is where technology can help in the coming years, make the calls less subjective from crew to crew. Maybe even have microchips in the football to determine if a first down was made or if the ball broke the plane on the goalline. Stuff like that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree on the pros outweighing the cons. Especially when good old human nature gets involved and pros vs cons starts to get a bit murky.
Not If you consider what the NFL could lose if it was ever uncovered the league was using officials to alter or impact the results of the game.

They could lose their Anti Trust protection from Congress which not only provides them their tax exempt status but their grip on monopoly with network TV. Im not sure fans have really thought the implications thru .

The NFL has many problems with officiating but if it was ever even suspected that the league was altering and manipulating the results even with isolated individual cases it would totally discredit the validity of the results which would be devastating to their popularity and ultimately their revenue.

And why they have stated the integrity of the games results is of the upmost importance in maintaining the leagues relevance . I’d argue there’s nothing more vital to the leagues success. And why they continue implementing new rule changes while using technology to assist improving officiating.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the officiating is too subjective especially from crew to crew. One crew lets the WRs and DBs hand fight all game with no flags and some crews call every tick tack jersey tug.

This is where technology can help in the coming years, make the calls less subjective from crew to crew. Maybe even have microchips in the football to determine if a first down was made or if the ball broke the plane on the goalline. Stuff like that.
I’d like to see more consistency. And all penalties or plays reviewable .

But I don’t believe the game is meant to be perfection. I’m already tired of every TD and catch reviewed. Most are not needed.

Instant Replay was initially implemented to minimize obviously poor calls from changing the outcome.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When exactly did this Bias against the Cowboys begin? What year?

Is it widespread or just select officials?

And are the Cowboys the only team ?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I was responding to your statement, "The league is run on many of those agendas but that doesn’t translate to organized corrupt officiating."

That statement was made by you to address this, by another poster, "the game at the college level was very much run based on agendas, politics, media markets and conference shenanigans, etc,".

How is it not fair to say that any calls made to further any of those agendas is evidence of corruption on some level?

I also don't understand the reasoning that the Cowboys success is a major driver of league popularity. The league has never been more popular and the Cowboys are in the most sustained stretch of being unsuccessful in their existence. The Cowboys themselves are the draw regardless of whether they are successful or not. The Cowboys are the team more NFL fans love to hate over any other. I'd bet as many people tune into a primetime Cowboys game hoping to see them lose than see them win. There is certainly some logic behind the suggestion that the league benefits from the already huge drawing and high merch selling Cowboys losing to a lower profile team to boost that team's fanbase into buying those tickets and especially that merchandise.

Propping up less popular teams to spread the wealth, at the slight expense of already popular teams is good business.

Why wouldn't the league do this?

They do do this we saw it happen in Green Bay.
The Packers were about to capsize and had two big primetime games coming up it was up to Jerry and the Cowboys to prop them up.
Profits are shared all around and everyone is happy except some of the fans.

Then we were allowed to absolutely spank the Vikings and all was well again.

The Vikings could absorb the loss and not even really be phased They were doing so well but the Packers needed to be propped up at the point in time that we played them.

But hey that's just my opinion

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When exactly did this Bias against the Cowboys begin? What year?

Is it widespread or just select officials?

And are the Cowboys the only team ?
Quit acting, Greg. You know very well when, what games, what years, etc. You're a very smart man. Quit acting ignorant. Everyone sees the bias calls against our Cowboys, especially when we play Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe the NFL is under any legal obligation to provide a fair playing field. They could legally decide who wins the SB in March and make it happen.

Now going to that extreme would be a terrible mistake and be very bad for business, but the only thing realistically keeping the league from doing that is entirely profit driven, not legally driven.

Why would anyone blow the whistle? Everyone who's income comes from an association with the NFL benefits from a business strategy that increases profits. A little "manipulation" here and there benefits everyone, including the players.

The league has modified and added rules to be very subjective.
They are now involved in and profiting from the gambling side of the business.

The league has both motive and opportunity to easily tweak things here and there to the benefit of everyone who gets a piece of that very large pie without going full blow WWE.

I've been around to long to believe that the spirit of fair play will override the opportunity to legally and essentially risk free, tilt things slightly towards profits.

I want things to be the way you see them but I can't ignore the myriad of things that point the other way, smoking gun or no smoking gun.

To be clear, my thoughts on this are not based on the fortunes of the Cowboys alone. I'm absolutely not scapegoating the league for the lack of Cowboys success.
Spot on great post