After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Blackrain

Reaction score
Aaah, finally the truth came out. Your hatred for Jerry finally comes out and solidifies your anger against Micah, McCarthy, Jerry and any fan rightfully complaining against them biased officials. It's your hatred and ego that is blinding you.
Hard to tell which is bigger his hatred or his ego but I'm going with his ego. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hard to tell which is bigger his hatred or his ego but I'm going with his ego. Lol
I just believe in fighting for what I believe is right. And if I believed this league was rigged or officiating corrupted, bias to the point of intentionally throwing games , I would have walked away years ago.

I’m not interested in Fake Football.

There’s enough to despise with how the league has evolved without not believing in the validity of the results. When that happens I believe many more fans like me will walk as well.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I’m rooting against your Homerish BS. You should know better than going up against me. I’ve shut down your foolishness on more than one occasion.

Your history is already out there on how you’ve flip flopped from Romo now with Dakster . You’re the #1 Dak Homer on this forum. You actually like when I go to bat for him against the Dak Trolls but I also call out the Homers. And I see now what this is all about.

I’m sorry I took this thread seriously. I should have seen your agenda initially,

Don't be sorry we don't take you seriously

Lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
I just believe in fighting for what I believe is right. And if I believed this league was rigged or officiating corrupted, bias to the point of intentionally throwing games , I would have walked away years ago.

I’m not interested in Fake Football.

There’s enough to despise with how the league has evolved without not believing in the validity of the results. When that happens I believe many more fans like me will walk as well.

You're not walking away You're invested so deeply You can't walk away it's obviously all you got.

You beared your soul You're the only lunatic that spends all weekend watching five TVs and 25 football games.

Like you're really going to admit that your chief hobby and whole life is a farce not likely You're going to fight it to the end.

Because in your mind if it comes out that the league is manipulating games you believe it's fake football and that would mean you have wasted all that time.

So you have to try and disparage anyone with evidence that this is happening it's sour grapes we're homers and whatever other gibberish you can spout. Because basically if we're right you've wasted a huge portion of your life watching a farce.

You haven't shut anybody down or squashed anything All you've proved is that you're so deeply invested that you can't debate the topic fairly

Hey but that's just my opinion You think what you want.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Have you never been to a sports bar? That what my sports cave is like. except it’s more controlled on one wall. I don’t want to miss anything. Haven’t missed a Cowboy game in almost 60 years. Came close a couple times .

I have one big screen I keep the sound on with my game of interest. Two smaller sets on both sides and two even smaller sets underneath .Sometimes I need my laptop and IPad if there’s more games on . Saturday is my favorite day .

Sundays are a little more restrictive . Not as many games on. And when Cowboys are on I turn the rest off except for one with Redzone to keep updates .

I’m a football junkie. I try to get out on Friday nights too. Great high school football. I’ve actually gone to multiple games on Friday night .

Dam bro, that is hardcore.................I tip my hat to you:thumbup:

I usually watch the Cowboys game and maybe one other on a typical weekend. Too busy, got a long list of "honey do" items that keeps me occupied and I got a daughter on the way so I am remodeling the house myself before she gets here.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Here. Get educated. Get a clue. Stop siding with the crooked Refs and against your supposed team.

And to answer your question once again, it was not a hold by McGovern. He didn't reach his arms around the DT. He didn't restrict the DT (who was grabbing on to McGovern’s jersey as well) from being able to reach out with his arms for the RB. He did not pull down on the jersey to bring down the DT. He actually let go of the jersey (which you are allowed to hold) as soon as the RB ran by him. That is not a hold by McGovern. It was a flop by the DT which you fell for.

A few thoughts.

1. We have been told on this site that if the defender comes up and under with their arm, which is called a rip move, that reaching across and grasping the jersey/shoulder pad by the offensive lineman is legal. So why does this move create a conflict in the rules? Does the offensive lineman get to bend the rules when the defender uses the swim move? Why does the rip move negate holding? And if that is the case, why do coaches teach the rip move if it cedes an unfair advantage to the offensive lineman?

I have read the rule. Two things here. Is this a way to give the offense an advantage, like pass interference, so the scores will be higher and keep the audience interest? If so, then nothing will be done because this is what the owners want. Which is built in cheating.

However, the offensive lineman seems to have the ability to grasp jersey and shoulder pads on the front when facing the defender, both sides and direct the defender as the offensive lineman pleases. And that is considered within the rules.

Grabbing jersey is still grabbing jersey. Then adding hands inside the arm holes holding pads should be a clear violation of the rules. Yet every game you see these types of holds and nothing is done about it.

2. In this thread someone made mention that this is football and get used to it. Stephen Jones stated you cannot call a penalty on every play. I have seen some of the more vocal defenders of these rules suggest that is the way it goes.

Yet, if you leave these moves to interpretation, as in the video here where the ref told Micah you were on the backside and would have had no influence on the play so I didn't call holding. (Now take that in, the ref essentially agreed it was a hold but decided not to call it because the ref decided he was too far from where the ball was being thrown. Yet the ball was still in the hands of the QB.) How close is this to making the refs the determining factor of who wins and who loses?

I saw another video on YouTube about the last few minutes of the Green Bay game discussing the offsides, this hold, and the PI. The guy was clearly offsides. No problem. I could argue the hold was ticky-tack, but no problem.

But the PI was clear cut, and the defender mugged Cee Dee before the ball arrived. This was not as bad as the Saints receiver getting tackled and no flag. But a gradient of an infraction that went uncorrected.

Now reflect on what Jones said. You can't call a penalty on every play.

How is this an equitable position for the league to take? Because the alternative is the refs are the ultimate decision makers on who wins.

And at that point, does Vegas influence that decision?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The more times they watch the more they see things that confirm what they already believe. Fans, by nature, are biased. That's just part of being a fan. Assuming officials are also biased - against your team, of course - is an assumption.

You can look at every game and find missed/questionable calls, but that's not what fans do. They only look at their team's games and search for missed/questionable calls, and only the ones that hurt their team.

Then they proclaim those findings to be "evidence" of an underlying prejudice against their team. Funny thing is, every fan base does it and they all believe they're right.
Assuming that a fan’s bias precludes him from making a fair assessment is also an assumption.

Of course all fans say that. One fan base can lay out 6 very unique calls that Al have happened to one team. And most of these calls have not happened to ANY other team. No team has even had two of these called on them.

Can you see how that is different?

1. Illegal huddle
2. False start on long snapper to lose game
3. Two COSTLY 15 yard tripping calls on all pro
4. Delay of game on D law for shifting (very common)
5. 15 yard penalty on Garrett for comparably calm arguing with ref about **** call. Has that ever happened to any coach not coaching ncaa basketball?
6. Long streaks (9 games?) of zero holding. Players were complaining and posting pics of their jerseys stretched out 4ft. by lineman.

Your pollyannaish view of the refs and your view that there is an impossibility of bias is fine, but why do you feel the need to insist that I feel that way?

I don’t insist you feel any way. We are simply discussing refs and you feel you must interject. Why? If you had a thread about how great refs are I wouldn’t give a ****.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Honestly I’m not familiar with them . What are you referring to?

But Parsons will get more respect in years to come by officiating.
Well this does explain your confusion. Watch the game and focus on Micah for 3-4 pass rushes and you’ll understand.

I’m not sure how you’re unaware of him not getting calls. He’s complained via Twitter and the biased fans have pointed it out for close to two years.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They do do this we saw it happen in Green Bay.
The Packers were about to capsize and had two big primetime games coming up it was up to Jerry and the Cowboys to prop them up.
Profits are shared all around and everyone is happy except some of the fans.

Then we were allowed to absolutely spank the Vikings and all was well again.

The Vikings could absorb the loss and not even really be phased They were doing so well but the Packers needed to be propped up at the point in time that we played them.

But hey that's just my opinion
What about teams that have ended seasons winless, or with just one or two wins? They're not important enough to doctor the outcome of a few games?

Blackrain

Reaction score
What about teams that have ended seasons winless, or with just one or two wins? They're not important enough to doctor the outcome of a few games?

Very good point kind of like the Lions They are never cut a break ever They are the only team I've ever seen really get screwed over so that we could benefit.

It's almost like some team has to be the sacrificial lamb.
The browns also there's another hard luck team but neither one has the following of the Cowboys or they're viewing audience.

As I said before I think the manipulation centers around primetime games like Sunday night Monday night Thursday night and game of the week.

We are slotted in many of these time spots because we have a huge following and I can guarantee you there's a bean counter

informing the league of how many people are watching when we're winning and when we're losing.
I just believe these primetime games are manipulated to hold a maximum viewing audience so the most profit is realized.

These owners know They play a very small number of games compared to other sports. Making it all the more important to take advantage of every televised moment.

Just my opinion Runny Not trying to convert anybody or expect anybody to buy in but it just makes sense to me when I see these unexplainable calls.

It makes absolutely no sense to me with all the electronic equipment and technology we have today that we continually talk about horrendous calls.
The refs just can't be that bad at their job with all the tools at their disposal.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well this does explain your confusion. Watch the game and focus on Micah for 3-4 pass rushes and you’ll understand.

I’m not sure how you’re unaware of him not getting calls. He’s complained via Twitter and the biased fans have pointed it out for close to two years.

He's very aware he just won't admit it He's in denial how can you watch football 24/7 as he has admitted to and not be aware.

What I really like is how he rationalizes all this by saying in a few years Micah will actually be treated fairly.

In the meantime till the referees view its time to treat him fairly he will just have to suffer and be held.

Never ceases to amaze me how he justifies stuff. Lol. But it does give me a good laugh.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Assuming that a fan’s bias precludes him from making a fair assessment is also an assumption.

Of course all fans say that. One fan base can lay out 6 very unique calls that Al have happened to one team. And most of these calls have not happened to ANY other team. No team has even had two of these called on them.

Can you see how that is different?

1. Illegal huddle
2. False start on long snapper to lose game
3. Two COSTLY 15 yard tripping calls on all pro
4. Delay of game on D law for shifting (very common)
5. 15 yard penalty on Garrett for comparably calm arguing with ref about **** call. Has that ever happened to any coach not coaching ncaa basketball?
6. Long streaks (9 games?) of zero holding. Players were complaining and posting pics of their jerseys stretched out 4ft. by lineman.

Your pollyannaish view of the refs and your view that there is an impossibility of bias is fine, but why do you feel the need to insist that I feel that way?

I don’t insist you feel any way. We are simply discussing refs and you feel you must interject. Why? If you had a thread about how great refs are I wouldn’t give a ****.
The Garrett call you talk about gives me time to reflect he did absolutely nothing in comparison to the Giants coach that absolutely threw a full-blown tantrum and didn't get a flag thrown on him.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Garrett call you talk about gives me time to reflect he did absolutely nothing in comparison to the Giants coach that absolutely threw a full-blown tantrum and didn't get a flag thrown on him.
Yes. They simply can’t deny these iniquity to the Cowboys penalties. Which I say is evidence of what we all know as questionable holds, no holds, roughing, no roughing and on a on.

Yeah. We can admit we’re biased, but that doesn’t mean we can evaluate evidence fairly.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
One of the point made in a video about wholesale cheating in the NFL by the people who own the teams concludes the OT in the Green Bay game was dangerously close to eclipsing the spread. Several timely penalties ended a nice drive by Dallas. The field goal by Green Bay saved Vegas a great deal of money.

However, the late TD by the Giants changed the outcome of that game in the opposite way.

I do not subscribe to this theory.

However, the basketball ref who was caught point shaving stated he was the go-to guy for the league to extend play-off series to seven games. Especially the championship series.

I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions. I just hate to think this is a form of professional wrestling.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes. They simply can’t deny these iniquity to the Cowboys penalties. Which I say is evidence of what we all know as questionable holds, no holds, roughing, no roughing and on a on.

Yeah. We can admit we’re biased, but that doesn’t mean we can evaluate evidence fairly.
Of course because we're fans there will be a certain amount of bias but this evidence is so clear the holding is so blatant our bias as fans doesn't even enter into it.

It's a very cut and dried situation but just ask Greg he'll be treated fairly in a few years.

How would we be expected to take a league seriously that operates like that.

In your first few years you're not going to get penalties called fairly but after you've paid your dues then you'll be treated as you should.

PS if you complain about it you may never be treated fairly. Lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
One of the point made in a video about wholesale cheating in the NFL by the people who own the teams concludes the OT in the Green Bay game was dangerously close to eclipsing the spread. Several timely penalties ended a nice drive by Dallas. The field goal by Green Bay saved Vegas a great deal of money.

However, the late TD by the Giants changed the outcome of that game in the opposite way.

I do not subscribe to this theory.

However, the basketball ref who was caught point shaving stated he was the go-to guy for the league to extend play-off series to seven games. Especially the championship series.

I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions. I just hate to think this is a form of professional wrestling.

At least the play is real unlike wrestling but it sure looks like the outcome is very much manipulated at times.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dam bro, that is hardcore.................I tip my hat to you:thumbup:

I usually watch the Cowboys game and maybe one other on a typical weekend. Too busy, got a long list of "honey do" items that keeps me occupied and I got a daughter on the way so I am remodeling the house myself before she gets here.

Yeah that's hardcore all right a regular NFL version of One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Lololol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very good point kind of like the Lions They are never cut a break ever They are the only team I've ever seen really get screwed over so that we could benefit.

It's almost like some team has to be the sacrificial lamb.
The browns also there's another hard luck team but neither one has the following of the Cowboys or they're viewing audience.

As I said before I think the manipulation centers around primetime games like Sunday night Monday night Thursday night and game of the week.

We are slotted in many of these time spots because we have a huge following and I can guarantee you there's a bean counter

informing the league of how many people are watching when we're winning and when we're losing.
I just believe these primetime games are manipulated to hold a maximum viewing audience so the most profit is realized.

These owners know They play a very small number of games compared to other sports. Making it all the more important to take advantage of every televised moment.

Just my opinion Runny Not trying to convert anybody or expect anybody to buy in but it just makes sense to me when I see these unexplainable calls.

It makes absolutely no sense to me with all the electronic equipment and technology we have today that we continually talk about horrendous calls.
The refs just can't be that bad at their job with all the tools at their disposal.
I get what you're saying, and sometimes it does seem like a little "help" is involved, but then I think of how loud some of these teams would be screaming. The teams that have never been to the SB, especially after expansion teams have been there, would have to be extremely upset and vocal about being stood up for the dance so many times.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, and sometimes it does seem like a little "help" is involved, but then I think of how loud some of these teams would be screaming. The teams that have never been to the SB, especially after expansion teams have been there, would have to be extremely upset and vocal about being stood up for the dance so many times.
Agreed it's a very strange situation and I'm not sure how the teams you speak of fit into the mix of this whole thing.

From what I can say and I'm certainly no expert to it just seems to involve a lot of the prime time games where sponsors products need to be viewed and games will be turned off if they're not competitive.

I haven't even gotten into the gambling aspect of the whole thing and don't even want to think about that because I know there can't be anything good involved with that.

I guess I've just got to a point where I just don't believe it's coincidence anymore there are just too many incidents too much evidence.
Beyond that with all the technology we have out there at the officials disposal I find it impossible for them to be that bad at their job

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I don’t follow Twitter . But I’d agree with the biased fans.