After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yea

If I truly believed the NFL was rigged in any way towards the officiating or whatever means , individual or organized collusion , to alter or influence the results I’d bash the league and totally walk away just like I did with professional wrestling when I discovered it was fake at about age 12. Lol

The fact this segment of fans are still engaged in what they perceive as a Fake league is hypocritical. And why it’s obviously nothing more than sour grapes and scapegoating looking for excuses.

That said the officiating continues to evolve with rule changes and relay reviews and more progress can be made . No doubt there are enough questionable calls to bring about such concerns which poor and inconsistent officiating has always been called out at every level from Little League to the World Championships.

If I put on my conspiracy hat (yes, I do have one), I think the league wants to leave the human error part of officiating in the mix because it eventually causes controversy which generates more interest. They know good and well that even if folks swore off the league after a big disappointment, it would last a day at most because humans are drama queens. So you have 7 officials who need to watch over 11 different matchups of high level athletes and look for snap judgment calls like ball possession, ball spotting, did a foot touch a boundary line, is that a delay of game, is that a false start, does that warrant a personal foul, was his knee down. It's impossible to see it all so you'll get your egregious misses from time to time. I think replay is also limited for this reason. Correct a few and leave the vast majority otherwise. Did you see the Seattle player who came off the bench during a live play and the refs didn't see it? Hilarious. But are the refs on Seattle's side now after being so against them during the Legion of Boom days? I mean, spit happens. It also sells. That I can agree with.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
At least I’m willing to walk away if it’s all been a fraud watching Fake Football. And I’d bash it until my last breathe .

The Conspiracy Theory segment are still all in believing it’s Fake. Now that’s bizarre intentionally devoted to a fraudulent product. Lol
You missed the point, likely by choice.

Your bias acts as a set of blinders. Goodell could hand the officials envelopes at midfield right before opening kickoff and you would excuse it away. If an official did come out and blow the whistle you would excuse it away as sour grapes, it's only one, just another conspiracy theorist.

Your personal bias towards the thing you have devoted your entire life to is greater than the bias you accuse others of having. I get it. It has to be difficult to acknowledge the thing you have devoted your life to has evolved to what it is.

I can apply that to myself. I don't watch 75 hours of football on a Saturday like you do, but I am a lifelong fan who watches whatever game is on, records the games I receive if can't watch it etc etc etc. I am a a serious, lifelong fan of the game itself, as well as the Cowboys. I understand how that lifelong bond, the associations with family, friends, holidays is very hard to walk away from. That is the single biggest reason I still watch. I can honestly say that I'm hanging on by a thread. If not for the 50+ years of investment and all the good memories that come with it, I'd be gone. As it is I don't base my TV provider on accessibility to the games anymore, I ditched Sirius, which I was only keeping around for the NFL channel and access to the game broadcasts. I'm absolutely as less "all in" as I've ever been.

I get it man. We start our fandom careers at very young ages. We are conditioned throughout our childhoods to love the team, and the game. It is very hard for me to let it go. I absolutely DON'T want to see things like I do. I absolutely DO want to continue on with something I've enjoyed for my entire life. But man..... it gets harder and harder to not see what's there to see.

Maybe I need better blinders........

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not because you like someone . It’s because he’s great.

It’s how Jordan always got the calls. Great players are going to get the more favorable calls . It’s human nature to believe it’s going to take something above the norm , like another great player or cheating , to impede greatness.

We’ve seen this with our great players. Martin only 1 holding call a year . Lol
To a certain extent.you are right. I said as much earlier.
Human nature.

But there's a fine line that can easily crossed. If you feel that way...why not favor for some other reason?
That would be human nature too.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If I put on my conspiracy hat (yes, I do have one), I think the league wants to leave the human error part of officiating in the mix because it eventually causes controversy which generates more interest. They know good and well that even if folks swore off the league after a big disappointment, it would last a day at most because humans are drama queens. So you have 7 officials who need to watch over 11 different matchups of high level athletes and look for snap judgment calls like ball possession, ball spotting, did a foot touch a boundary line, is that a delay of game, is that a false start, does that warrant a personal foul, was his knee down. It's impossible to see it all so you'll get your egregious misses from time to time. I think replay is also limited for this reason. Correct a few and leave the vast majority otherwise. Did you see the Seattle player who came off the bench during a live play and the refs didn't see it? Hilarious. But are the refs on Seattle's side now after being so against them during the Legion of Boom days? I mean, spit happens. It also sells. That I can agree with.

I'm surprised you decided to post the bolded, essentially saying the league has consciously decided to sacrifice the integrity of the game to generate interest, knowing that they can get away with it, because humans going to human.

The league operating in that manner shows a level of corruption that sacrifices the vaunted Integrity Of The Game, for profits.

How on earth do you keep watching knowing that the league doesn't care about providing the best officiating they can, by choice, for financial gain?

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I get it. It has to be difficult to acknowledge the thing you have devoted your life to has evolved to what it is.

To "what it is?" What in Hades' name is "it?" None of the CONSPIRACY! people even know, honestly. To some it's ref bias but not orchestrated, to some it's Goodell himself and it's orchestrated, to some it's Goodell with Mara and Snyder, to some it's Vegas influence. What the hell is "it?" No one can say when it started, the mechanics, how it's going to go, and what "its" next steps are. No two CONSPIRACY! theorists' ramblings are the same or even barely coherent as people take huuuuge leaps like Morpheus between building tops. I can see if there was an insider who worked for the NFL and all and had juicy info. but who here does? The theme is literally, "bad exists in the world, so bad exists in the NFL as well" and then y'all fill in your color-by-number sheets to create how it works on the fly.

And if the league has scriptwriters, were the scriptwriters of '92, '93, and '95 taken out in some kind of operation? Are there fugitives out there who will one day reclaim the scriptwriter title and THAT'S when we'll see a championship again? You people are literally throwing darts at a board with zero substance and then claim an "it." It's haze, pure and simple. Haze solely to cast doubt on why Cowboys lack of success isn't a legitimate lack of success for warm fuzzies inside. Why did they finally get off the Bengals' case and will they ever get off the Lions' case? Lol.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
To "what it is?" What in Hades' name is "it?" None of the CONSPIRACY! people even know, honestly. To some it's ref bias but not orchestrated, to some it's Goodell himself and it's orchestrated, to some it's Goodell with Mara and Snyder, to some it's Vegas influence. What the hell is "it?" No one can say when it started, the mechanics, how it's going to go, and what "its" next steps are. No two CONSPIRACY! theorists' ramblings are the same or even barely coherent as people take huuuuge leaps like Morpheus between building tops. I can see if there was an insider who worked for the NFL and all and had juicy info. but who here does? The theme is literally, "bad exists in the world, so bad exists in the NFL as well" and then y'all fill in your color-by-number sheets to create how it works on the fly.

And if the league has scriptwriters, were the scriptwriters of '92, '93, and '95 taken out in some kind of operation? Are there fugitives out there who will one day reclaim the scriptwriter title and THAT'S when we'll see a championship again? You people are literally throwing darts at a board with zero substance and then claim an "it." It's haze, pure and simple. Haze solely to cast doubt on why Cowboys lack of success isn't a legitimate lack of success for warm fuzzies inside. Why did they finally get off the Bengals' case and will they ever get off the Lions' case? Lol.
It is what most every entity capable of generating significant revenue becomes.

Both you and DHB make a lot of assumptions. You both seem to argue from the perspective that 'us people' all believe it is full blown WWE level fake. It's is clearly evident throughout this thread that it's simply not the case.

You also stick to your assertion that 'us people' are driven by sour grapes over the losses suffered by the Cowboys. It is clearly evident throughout this thread that it's simply not the case.

You may have gotten an alert that I quoted your earlier post, but didn't see my comments. I went off half cocked and hit post before I added them. I edited it and they are now there if you are interested in reading them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To a certain extent.you are right. I said as much earlier.
Human nature.

But there's a fine line that can easily crossed. If you feel that way...why not favor for some other reason?
That would be human nature too.
It’s like anything . Once that fine line is crossed it becomes something much worse . And worthy of being investigated and ultimately prosecuted .

Because there’s much more at stake here that just our favorite team winning.

If these fans believe the lines already been crossed then they also must believe we have altered results which in turn is a fake product. One most diehard fans like myself would walk away from . We are already down on what the league has become with the rule changes , etc. This would be the last straw.

Now if these Conspiracy Theorists are campaigning to walk away from a league which they believe is Fake then I’d support their march but if it’s just to make excuses for losing them I’ll call it hypocritical sour grapes looking for scapegoats .

They are basically saying we should continue supporting Fake Football. No way for me . If the NFL results are rigged in anyway . I’m done !!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Both you and DHB make a lot of assumptions. You both seem to argue from the perspective that 'us people' all believe it is full blown WWE level fake. It's is clearly evident throughout this thread that it's simply not the case.

You also stick to your assertion that 'us people' are driven by sour grapes over the losses suffered by the Cowboys. It is clearly evident throughout this thread that it's simply not the case.

You may have gotten an alert that I quoted your earlier post, but didn't see my comments. I went off half cocked and hit post before I added them. I edited it and they are now there if you are interested in reading them.
Of course . Every significant profitable entity is rigged if it doesn’t benefit us or work in our favor . Typical sour grapes and scapegoating . Such a lame outlook . I can only imagine where these type of people are in the pecking order. Lol

If the NFL results are rigged in anyway then their total product is fraudulent because the league has stated that their Integrity is paramount to their product.

If we believe otherwise then it needs to be investigated. And if there is foul play prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If not then we must accept it for what it is. Poor and inconsistent officiating. And attempt to implement new rules to curb these errors like the league has continued to do.

There has never been perfection in officiating. And never will be . It’s part of the game. Until proven otherwise.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Yes, I get it. If you have big money, you're corrupt. Jerry's corrupt. Goodell is corrupt. Rich people and entities are corrupt. I guess me and DHB aren't the only ones making assumptions here. No big entity's hands are clean. Roger that.

But tell me how they generate this "corruptness." Is my Mara-Snyder Syndicate theory far off? Lone wolf refs or organized effort? You are saying what I say you're saying: "The world is bad, therefore refs and the NFL are bad. How exactly? Well, let me get back to you on that." Suppositions and haze. We're all on the outside looking in and some looking in are just more creative than others but no one has answers and yet all are still watching, invested as if it's legit while screaming it's not. There's a "human" reason for that. Is it about converting others to the truth that seems to have no form? This is what some of us are wondering. No biggie on my end. Y'all are free to believe and keep watching, especially the ones that seem so frustrated but can't look away anyway. God bless 'em. But when asked about specifics, just say you don't have specifics instead of pretending to "know" anything other than a created theories about how humanity being bad has leaked into officiating or otherwise. I mean, I'd like to be able to see inside people's heads as well but I know I can't, neither is there a "human" agenda that necessitates me doing so. If I shoot, I shoot in the dark ... just like y'all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s like anything . Once that fine line is crossed it becomes something much worse . And worthy of being investigated and ultimately prosecuted .

Because there’s much more at stake here that just our favorite team winning.

If these fans believe the lines already been crossed then they also must believe we have altered results which in turn is a fake product. One most diehard fans like myself would walk away from . We are already down on what the league has become with the rule changes , etc. This would be the last straw.

Now if these Conspiracy Theorists are campaigning to walk away from a league which they believe is Fake then I’d support their march but if it’s just to make excuses for losing them I’ll call it hypocritical sour grapes looking for scapegoats .

They are basically saying we should continue supporting Fake Football. No way for me . If the NFL results are rigged in anyway . I’m done !!!!
I FULLY agree about "making excuses for losing".

We still...might...disagree about the NFL being just about the ONLY non "corrupt" corporation in the history of man.

Many recalls are not "whoops...how'd that get by us?". Proven fact. Those are business decisions.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

We still...might...disagree about the NFL being just about the ONLY non "corrupt" corporation in the history of man.

Many recalls are not "whoops...how'd that get by us?". Proven fact. Those are business decisions.

Are you talking about recalls for vehicles and products? Why would those be business decisions?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm surprised you decided to post the bolded, essentially saying the league has consciously decided to sacrifice the integrity of the game to generate interest, knowing that they can get away with it, because humans going to human.

The league operating in that manner shows a level of corruption that sacrifices the vaunted Integrity Of The Game, for profits.

How on earth do you keep watching knowing that the league doesn't care about providing the best officiating they can, by choice, for financial gain?

Not correcting a "flaw" that might benefit you is one thing. Ordering your referee henchmen to "do in" a specific team/player/coach is another and this is what a lot of people here are claiming, including this very thread. I simply just want to know what those behind the scene meetings are like specifically but I never get them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

But Toyota isn't colluding with Honda to try to hide the issues in need of recall. That's what teams would be doing, if the league had a nefarious agenda. The league is the owners of the teams, and every owner who's getting the crap end of the stick would be throwing a fit. You think the league would even consider ousting Snyder if he had information that the league was fixed? There's no possible way he wouldn't be in the loop. Do you think Jerry would be able to keep a secret this big?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I was an accountant and my father a CPA . We handled many business which were completely legit.

And the NFL may have some very bullish type tactics in business but when you promote your end results is of the utmost paramount priority you are promoting integrity and your standard is very high. Not all business publicly promote themselves as such.

If there was any indication or suspicion of an individuals bias I truly believe the league would investigate and take action.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Toyota isn't colluding with Honda to try to hide the issues in need of recall. That's what teams would be doing, if the league had a nefarious agenda. The league is the owners of the teams, and every owner who's getting the crap end of the stick would be throwing a fit. You think the league would even consider ousting Snyder if he had information that the league was fixed? There's no possible way he wouldn't be in the loop. Do you think Jerry would be able to keep a secret this big?
No....but toyota might collude with toyota to hide the issues.
I never said owners would be involved. But if someone like jerry were....well dont people say jerry doesnt care about winning, just money a d brand?
I also never said top to bottom conspiracy. I feel something like gaining favor with Godell the jerry hater... might be possible....
Im a little surprised you guys are so adamant the nfl is lilly white.
Strange.

The zeke case is proof they arent....in my book. Along with some other weird punishment/no punishment decisions.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was an accountant and my father a CPA . We handled many business which were completely legit.

And the NFL may have some very bullish type tactics in business but when you promote your end results is of the utmost paramount priority you are promoting integrity and your standard is very high. Not all business publicly promote themselves as such.

If there was any indication or suspicion of an individuals bias I truly believe the league would investigate and take action.
Investigate themselves.
:laugh:
:lmao:
:muttley:
:lmao:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Gigantic global heirarchal billions dollar corps like nfl?