After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

aikemirv

Reaction score
Tell the whole story. Before the 11-hold season, he had 5, 2, and 3 holding penalties in 10, 11, and 16 games, respectively with the Cowboys. You're telling me that only having 3 holds in 16 game starts is not remotely possible for having none in 11 so far this year? So did refs decide that 2021 was "Connor's year" as they pick on Cowboys to cheat year after year? Do you know if he was playing hurt last year? Were his linemates extra sucky last year? Did not being re-signed light a fire under him to rededicate himself? Did new coaches discover and correct a flaw we couldn't? Did he himself do extra consultation during the off-season to help himself improve?

Literally 5 other possibilities off the top of my head that are each more plausible than jumping directly to the most evil of contortionist options that a CONSPIRACY! was amiss. But this is what y'all do in ignoring the simplest explanations to make huge convoluted supposition leaps grounded in personal fear of your team being persecuted to use as an excuse for losing.

And again, I never said conspiracy - I said personal bias - keep straight who you are arguing with!

1 - He was not hurt that we were told
2 - Tyron and Biadiaz were beside him last year - So you think Tyron is substandard to what he has now
3- Please - resigned and lit a fire to not hold
4 - Doubtful - we see the holds he was called for last year every week in the NFL go uncalled
5- Yeah - OK

The refs had it out for him last year, there is no doubt about that - they were watching him to call a hold

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And again, I never said conspiracy - I said personal bias - keep straight who you are arguing with!

1 - He was not hurt that we were told
2 - Tyron and Biadiaz were beside him last year - So you think Tyron is substandard to what he has now
3- Please - resigned and lit a fire to not hold
4 - Doubtful - we see the holds he was called for last year every week in the NFL go uncalled
5- Yeah - OK

The refs had it out for him last year, there is no doubt about that - they were watching him to call a hold

Yep, just gloss over the simpler, more plausible possibilities and immediately jump to the most evil option where a lifetime of gaps need to be filled in to get to the victim option that makes y'all feel so relieved. You realize that all my options are short-term, within a year but that your gigantic leap takes into account the 50-60 years of a ref's life to conclude they have bias against the team you happen to root for knowing not a single thing about them and what shaped their lives to get to the NFL? Lol. Do you people even think about what you write or your brains just make it up as you go along to protect the psyche?

You didn't address Williams only having 3 holds in 16 games 2 years ago. How is having no holds in 11 games an anomaly against that backdrop? And again, since it's not the same ref crew doing our games, did all 11 refs calling him for holds just "decide" that Williams was the Cowboys OL target for their screw job plan last year? Did they coordinate their "bias?" That would be CONSPIRACY, you know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dam bro, that is hardcore.................I tip my hat to you:thumbup:

I usually watch the Cowboys game and maybe one other on a typical weekend. Too busy, got a long list of "honey do" items that keeps me occupied and I got a daughter on the way so I am remodeling the house myself before she gets here.
Football has been a priority in my life since I was a kid. I’ve basically planned my life around it 4-5 months of the year . And even before we had cable TV had 2 TV’s on for the games.

My father was a diehard as well. Along with his brother. They both played college football. Were involved with their Alma Maters. My uncle was a star. Had an opportunity to play for Lombardi and the Packers but wasn’t enough money to move to Green Bay.

It was just always a huge part of our lives . I was very fortunate we were afforded the luxury to indulge ourselves. It didn’t take away from our normal lives as we all were Diehards. My wife loves it too . I won over her father when we started dating cause I had season tickets. He had never been to a game before.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why would you have to follow Twitter to understand?

I’m guessing you’re familiar with the term trolling.
This is really the only social media platform I participate on. I have Facebook but mainly just follow family . I only joined to voice my objections to Jethro and the new stadium 15 years ago. And got stuck.

My information comes from traditional outlets like our local papers , tv and radio broadcast . I even try to avoid national mediots on the Cowboys.

I only learned of trolling on this site . I’m not sure I totally understand it.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Very good point kind of like the Lions They are never cut a break ever They are the only team I've ever seen really get screwed over so that we could benefit.

It's almost like some team has to be the sacrificial lamb.
The browns also there's another hard luck team but neither one has the following of the Cowboys or they're viewing audience.

As I said before I think the manipulation centers around primetime games like Sunday night Monday night Thursday night and game of the week.

We are slotted in many of these time spots because we have a huge following and I can guarantee you there's a bean counter

informing the league of how many people are watching when we're winning and when we're losing.
I just believe these primetime games are manipulated to hold a maximum viewing audience so the most profit is realized.

These owners know They play a very small number of games compared to other sports. Making it all the more important to take advantage of every televised moment.

Just my opinion Runny Not trying to convert anybody or expect anybody to buy in but it just makes sense to me when I see these unexplainable calls.

It makes absolutely no sense to me with all the electronic equipment and technology we have today that we continually talk about horrendous calls.
The refs just can't be that bad at their job with all the tools at their disposal.
The problem is those tools aren’t always allowed to be used based on the rules in place .

Many penalties or plays or not reviewable . And the ones that are have to be absolutely assured to over turn the call on the field .

We must remember the angle the official has in real time when he made or didn’t make the call is not always the different angles we receive on TV.

IMO the game is over analyzed as it is. I dont need a perfect game called by reviewing every TD and reception . It’s totally out of hand. If he looks like he crossed the goal line . And ruled a TD. It’s a TD. Unless it’s the end of the game . Keep the game moving .

Let’s just get back to basic as by reviewing these game potential changing calls . That’s why Instant Replay was initially implemented. And make everything reviewable and put a limit on them so the games aren’t extended anymore than they already are.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're not walking away You're invested so deeply You can't walk away it's obviously all you got.

You beared your soul You're the only lunatic that spends all weekend watching five TVs and 25 football games.

Like you're really going to admit that your chief hobby and whole life is a farce not likely You're going to fight it to the end.

Because in your mind if it comes out that the league is manipulating games you believe it's fake football and that would mean you have wasted all that time.

So you have to try and disparage anyone with evidence that this is happening it's sour grapes we're homers and whatever other gibberish you can spout. Because basically if we're right you've wasted a huge portion of your life watching a farce.

You haven't shut anybody down or squashed anything All you've proved is that you're so deeply invested that you can't debate the topic fairly

Hey but that's just my opinion You think what you want.
Nailed it brother!
:hammer::hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're not walking away You're invested so deeply You can't walk away it's obviously all you got.

You beared your soul You're the only lunatic that spends all weekend watching five TVs and 25 football games.

Like you're really going to admit that your chief hobby and whole life is a farce not likely You're going to fight it to the end.

Because in your mind if it comes out that the league is manipulating games you believe it's fake football and that would mean you have wasted all that time.

So you have to try and disparage anyone with evidence that this is happening it's sour grapes we're homers and whatever other gibberish you can spout. Because basically if we're right you've wasted a huge portion of your life watching a farce.

You haven't shut anybody down or squashed anything All you've proved is that you're so deeply invested that you can't debate the topic fairly

Hey but that's just my opinion You think what you want.
I’ve already walked away from season tickets and attending games . I’m more invested in my Alma Mater now , emotionally and financially.

I just am addicted to the football. And the Cowboys are my local broadcast. It’s a double edged sword now following trying to detach my emotions for the franchise I devoted so much of my life to while despising what they have become . And I have some satisfaction seeing Jethro continue to struggle returning to glory.

It’s kinda like you enjoy watching your ex wife struggle but still want to see the kids do well and not be effected too much by her dysfunction and failures . It’s a marriage gone bad . No doubt. A mixed bag of emotions .

But yea, if it’s proven that I have invested in Fake Football then I’ll be very disappointed. I guess you guys are ok with it. You believe it is and still invest in it. That’s bizarre to me .

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yep, just gloss over the simpler, more plausible possibilities and immediately jump to the most evil option where a lifetime of gaps need to be filled in to get to the victim option that makes y'all feel so relieved. You realize that all my options are short-term, within a year but that your gigantic leap takes into account the 50-60 years of a ref's life to conclude they have bias against the team you happen to root for knowing not a single thing about them and what shaped their lives to get to the NFL? Lol. Do you people even think about what you write or your brains just make it up as you go along to protect the psyche?

You didn't address Williams only having 3 holds in 16 games 2 years ago. How is having no holds in 11 games an anomaly against that backdrop? And again, since it's not the same ref crew doing our games, did all 11 refs calling him for holds just "decide" that Williams was the Cowboys OL target for their screw job plan last year? Did they coordinate their "bias?" That would be CONSPIRACY, you know.
They are not simpler or more plausible than going from 11-0 from one season to another. The explanation is referee targeting!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And he better be careful cause he’ll be fined. And it certainly won’t help his cause whining about non calls.

He’s still young. He’ll learn that great players get preferential treatment if they arent poor attitude bad mouths.

My suggestion is let your performance speak for itself. And if he truly wants to be considered more of a force like LT he needs to be a little more dimensional than just coming in on passing plays. He disappears too often in games and not as a dominant force as he has potential to be.
This is some serious integrity the league is showing here. The second the words "preferential treatment" enter the discussion the words "integrity of the game" are heading for the exit.

That statement right there destroys every argument you've made.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is some serious integrity the league is showing here. The second the words "preferential treatment" enter the discussion the words "integrity of the game" are heading for the exit.

Good catch! "Preferential treatment"....is exactly what we're talking about.

Unintentional bias is just human nature. But giving rewards because you like someone....is cheating.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
They are not simpler or more plausible than going from 11-0 from one season to another. The explanation is referee targeting!

Again, answer the damn question and stop avoiding. How is 3 holds in 2020 in 16 games in comparison to 0 holds in 2022 an outlier? Based on basic statistical probability, he could get 2 next game against a formidable Niners front line and have 2 in 12 games compared to 3 in 16 games. But forgetting that "if," is 3 in 16 vs. 0 in 11 a huge gulf? 3 out of his 4 years in the league were not egregious so the refs chose a single year to target him? Why? Why hasn't Zack Martin been targeted?

Literally 5 more plausible causes presented but you can see inside multiple refs' heads you don't know to know they're biased to bypass all that? The Good Book was right about those who do good condemning the minds of the degenerate so that they call the good people evil to have company. Projecting, to the layperson.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

No, preferential treatment is earned with longevity and greatness . And I say that knowing it’s not a policy but an obvious assessment like we would in any endeavor or business .

The more successful or experienced person is going to get the nod in most cases. We see this in all sports. Human nature .

How else can we explain Martin only getting basically 1 holding call a year. Lol

It is believed he’s so great doesn’t need to hold . But is it really possible he never holds in 17 games ?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Football has been a priority in my life since I was a kid. I’ve basically planned my life around it 4-5 months of the year . And even before we had cable TV had 2 TV’s on for the games.

My father was a diehard as well. Along with his brother. They both played college football. Were involved with their Alma Maters. My uncle was a star. Had an opportunity to play for Lombardi and the Packers but wasn’t enough money to move to Green Bay.

It was just always a huge part of our lives . I was very fortunate we were afforded the luxury to indulge ourselves. It didn’t take away from our normal lives as we all were Diehards. My wife loves it too . I won over her father when we started dating cause I had season tickets. He had never been to a game before.
You have leaned hard on the homerish bias aspect of the argument to support your position. Sour grapes from biased fans, upset because their team lost and looking for a scapegoat.

You should consider applying that same logic to your own reasoning.

It's not a stretch to believe that someone who's prioritized football so highly, for so long, and has such deeply imbedded familial connections over a lifetime, might just have a little bias towards NOT wanting to believe things aren't always as presented.

You have much more on the line here than a young person who loves their team as much as anyone, and whose week is ruined by a loss.

Now I understand why your bias runs so deep.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good catch! "Preferential treatment"....is exactly what we're talking about.

Unintentional bias is just human nature. But giving rewards because you like someone....is cheating.
It’s not because you like someone . It’s because he’s great.

It’s how Jordan always got the calls. Great players are going to get the more favorable calls . It’s human nature to believe it’s going to take something above the norm , like another great player or cheating , to impede greatness.

We’ve seen this with our great players. Martin only 1 holding call a year . Lol

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have leaned hard on the homerish bias aspect of the argument to support your position. Sour grapes from biased fans, upset because their team lost and looking for a scapegoat.

You should consider applying that same logic to your own reasoning.

It's not a stretch to believe that someone who's prioritized football so highly, for so long, and has such deeply imbedded familial connections over a lifetime, might just have a little bias towards NOT wanting to believe things aren't always as presented.

You have much more on the line here than a young person who loves their team as much as anyone, and whose week is ruined by a loss.

Now I understand why your bias runs so deep.
At least I’m willing to walk away if it’s all been a fraud watching Fake Football. And I’d bash it until my last breathe .

The Conspiracy Theory segment are still all in believing it’s Fake. Now that’s bizarre intentionally devoted to a fraudulent product. Lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
At least I’m willing to walk away if it’s all been a fraud watching Fake Football. And I’d bash it until my last breathe .

The Conspiracy Theory segment are still all in believing it’s Fake. Now that’s bizarre intentionally devoted to a fraudulent product. Lol

I'd say that it's proof that they only use the Fake Football argument as an excuse for why we haven't been successful, but that assumes they'd have the integrity and principle to walk away if they actually could prove it was fake (and they can't). In this thread alone you see how folks are quite willing to lie about, twist, and bend reality to keep up a narrative so you aren't exactly dealing with a high moral bunch even as they pretend to be against the poor morals of "corrupt refs." Physicians, heal thyselves. Lol. There's also another observation that football occupies such a large space of their lives that they have to have this go well in life because maybe other things haven't. So then you get all these creative mental compensations to explain away why this too is not an actual disappointment in life but a boogeyman is taking it away from them instead. So many variables. Much of it psychological. And all of it interesting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd say that it's proof that they only use the Fake Football argument as an excuse for why we haven't been successful, but that assumes they'd have the integrity and principle to walk away if they actually could prove it was fake (and they can't). In this thread alone you see how folks are quite willing to lie about, twist, and bend reality to keep up a narrative so you aren't exactly dealing with a high moral bunch even as they pretend to be against the poor morals of "corrupt refs." Physicians, heal thyselves. Lol. There's also another observation that football occupies such a large space of their lives that they have to have this go well in life because maybe other things haven't. So then you get all these creative mental compensations to explain away why this too is not an actual disappointment in life but a boogeyman is taking it away from them instead. So many variables. Much of it psychological. And all of it interesting.
Yea

If I truly believed the NFL was rigged in any way towards the officiating or whatever means , individual or organized collusion , to alter or influence the results I’d bash the league and totally walk away just like I did with professional wrestling when I discovered it was fake at about age 12. Lol

The fact this segment of fans are still engaged in what they perceive as a Fake league is hypocritical. And why it’s obviously nothing more than sour grapes and scapegoating looking for excuses.

That said the officiating continues to evolve with rule changes and relay reviews and more progress can be made . No doubt there are enough questionable calls to bring about such concerns which poor and inconsistent officiating has always been called out at every level from Little League to the World Championships.