After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So once again, if I ask for specifics, it's "The world is bad, therefore refs and the NFL are bad. How exactly? Well, let me get back to you on that. But we know they're bad though, rest assured." Okay, but specifics were the question. Just say you have none but here's what I think could be amiss. That is not difficult.

Listen, with all this talk about "human nature," isn't also human nature to make up excuses for why your team is a perennial loser for more than 25 years to massage one's ego bruise? I'm not naive and even say I think the NFL keeps the ref problem around because it generates buzz. But I also know that I don't know if that's exactly true and have no "it looks better for my team" agenda if it's not true. The same can't be said for those in fear of getting a ribbing from the media, rivals, buds, siblings about your team being sucky. There IS incentive to create a "the dog ate my homework" boogeyman excuse then, isn't there? I'd like to hear acknowledgement of THAT aspect of human nature. But nah, the world is bad so we know the NFL is bad and are onto something. Can't tell you what, but something, and that cancels out the perceived incentive to create this machine against which our team tirelessly wars against. CONSPIRACY both softens the blow of a loss and makes a victory much more sweet because we triumphed "in spite of." But no "human nature" incentive to create that kind of a foolproof chamber to watch a game in exists, eh? Okay.
Come on man. Can you not think of even one entity that you believe is corrupt but can't provide the same specifics you are requiring from me? You demanding specifics of what's happening in "backdoor meetings" etc is the same "dog ate my homework" bs you are accusing me of. I could easily provide specific examples to support my opinion but since it is impossible to prove the motive behind them, your dog would just eat them, if you know what I'm saying.

Then you go on to once again write off my opinions as those of one who is simply upset because my team hasn't won, even though you have been told multiple times now that my thoughts have nothing to with sour grapes regarding the fortunes of the Cowboys. I have not made one comment that suggests the NFL is out to war against any one team, or teams. Just the opposite in fact.

Why do you continue to apply that rational to me? It makes it hard to take you seriously.

Somebody a lot smarter than me penned these words long before you, me or the NFL existed. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So if refs missing a call is prima facie evidence of corruption, is a player dropping a pass or missing a tackle also "evidence" of something nefarious?

Just trying to ascertain where human error enters the equation, if it ever does. Or is everyone involved incapable of just plain old screwing up a play?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So if refs missing a call is prima facie evidence of corruption, is a player dropping a pass or missing a tackle also "evidence" of something nefarious?

Just trying to ascertain where human error enters the equation, if it ever does. Or is everyone involved incapable of just plain old screwing up a play?

True it is a game played by humans and officiated by humans. Bad calls will happen just as bad plays are committed by players. I get upset with bad calls just as I get upset by interceptions, fumble, miss tackles or bad coverage. I don't believe for a second that officials give a damn who wins or loses, they are trying to do a job and it is a difficult job.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It’s been very frustrating with Jethro but ultimately he’s just the temporary key holder of my fav local team.

I hear you he's managed to hold that key for about half my lifetime and don't mind saying it's getting a little long in the tooth at this point.

Unfortunately the alternative is his idiot son and as hard as it is to believe that could be worse.

I'm in fear I just don't have enough life left to outlive his offspring

Dude just stop it's not even close to the same thing One thing is a physical act that you only get one chance at.

Getting a call right You have all kinds of technology to go back over at a hundred times and look at it to make sure you get it right and don't give me the bull spit that it can only be used in certain situations if you have the technology use it all the time to get an accurate result if you're not doing that then there is a reason.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dude just stop it's not even close to the same thing One thing is a physical act that you only get one chance at.

Getting a call right You have all kinds of technology to go back over at a hundred times and look at it to make sure you get it right and don't give me the bull spit that it can only be used in certain situations if you have the technology use it all the time to get an accurate result if you're not doing that then there is a reason.

It's exactly the same thing when you're not so desperate for some Cowboys success that you've chosen to put on a tinfoil hat.

You're going to believe what you have chosen to believe, and no one is going to change your mind. If you really think the league has conspired against the Cowboys, then why do you even watch it, "dude"? Why are you even here?

I'll tell you why. Because you don't really believe the nonsense you're pretending to believe. It's a coping mechanism. But admitting that is more than you can bear.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
True it is a game played by humans and officiated by humans. Bad calls will happen just as bad plays are committed by players. I get upset with bad calls just as I get upset by interceptions, fumble, miss tackles or bad coverage. I don't believe for a second that officials give a damn who wins or loses, they are trying to do a job and it is a difficult job.

If this were the case then the Cowboys would not go 8 games with zero holding calls against their opponents, nor would Tony Romo get roughing calls 2000% less than Brady or Rodgers.

Simply screwing up with no personal bias would never result in these kinds of examples. Only personal bias can explain stuff like that or that EVERYONE, even non Cowboys fans know that in a tight game it will be the Packers who get the calls and benefit from non calls when they commit blatant penalties late in the game especially against the Cowboys. Every damn time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If this were the case then the Cowboys would not go 8 games with zero holding calls against their opponents, nor would Tony Romo get roughing calls 2000% less than Brady or Rodgers.

Simply screwing up with no personal bias would never result in these kinds of examples. Only personal bias can explain stuff like that or that EVERYONE, even non Cowboys fans know that in a tight game it will be the Packers who get the calls and benefit from non calls when they commit blatant penalties late in the game especially against the Cowboys. Every damn time.

First off that no holding stat was no holding against opponents on passing plays only. Also, the Detroit Lions had a similar streak that very same year. Theirs was 7 games I believe. So it's not exactly a rare occurrence statistically it seems. This was something posted by some Twitter person and the "we're a victim" crowd took it and ran with it, with some even lying trying to claim it had only happened 3 times in the history of the NFL or some crap like that. I found one the same year. When people need to lie and slant like they've done in this very thread it doesn't exactly lend credibility to "the struggle." Lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

LoL, sorry but that is nonsense. Ever since they introduced the video assistant referee in soccer, it has only caused more controversy than diminish it. Wanna know why? Because in the end it's still humans making the decisions.

I mean do you really use tech as your argument? Haha, this very thread proved you wrong. Two people can't even come to the same conclusion after watching the same slow mo high res video here.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is really the only social media platform I participate on. I have Facebook but mainly just follow family . I only joined to voice my objections to Jethro and the new stadium 15 years ago. And got stuck.

My information comes from traditional outlets like our local papers , tv and radio broadcast . I even try to avoid national mediots on the Cowboys.

I only learned of trolling on this site . I’m not sure I totally understand it.
Ok. I thought Micah’s complaints had been covered on this site and other outlets. They are what they sound like. He felt he’s being held often and that they were blatant holds. He then posted some pictures to girth make his case.

Despite him being the best pass rusher in the league league he and biased fans feel the evidence is clear and proves his point.

T-RO

Reaction score
I've avoided this thread for two reasons.

-I knew Marcus Rock would post a billion times, defending the NFL shield, the league's "integrity" and the greatness of Goodell's leadership. I want to vomit whenever I see that bot post.
-I knew many would overly simplify the issue with the idea that "Cowboys always get screwed." It happens a lot, but most definitely not in all games. Sometimes Dallas is the beneficiary of the calls, quite often with small market teams or when the betting lines get ultra-lucrative.

Deeper in the playoffs with an anointed team: it will almost certainly happen. Zebras will flash their stuff...you'll learn about new nonsense rules that make zero sense. 15 yard-penalty for sneezing in the wrong direction. And they'll flush Dallas hopes down the toilet.

Last edited:

Zordon

Reaction score

-I knew Marcus Rock would post a billion times, defending the NFL shield, the league's "integrity" and the greatness of Goodell's leadership. I want to vomit whenever I see that bot post.
-I knew many would overly simplify the issue. "Cowboys always get screwed." It happens a lot, but most definitely not in all games. Sometimes Dallas is the beneficiary. But come deeper in the playoffs with an anointed team: it will most certainly happen. Zebras will flash their stuff.
I'm already mentally preparing myself for Micah to get dragged down on a crucial play in the playoffs and the refs ignoring it.

T-RO

Reaction score
Perhaps we should all just let Marcus Rock (quite a fictional representation, along with his fictional posts) enjoy the microphone.

All his. (I'm out)

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

-I knew many would overly simplify the issue with the idea that "Cowboys always get screwed." It happens a lot, but most definitely not in all games. Sometimes Dallas is the beneficiary of the calls, quite often with small market teams or when the betting lines get ultra-lucrative.

Deeper in the playoffs with an anointed team: it will almost certainly happen. Zebras will flash their stuff...you'll learn about new nonsense rules that make zero sense. 15 yard-penalty for sneezing in the wrong direction. And they'll flush Dallas hopes down the toilet.
Wait, so as a team with one of the highest SB win totals, the Cowboys aren't an "anointed" team? Untimely and unjust penalties (and lack thereof) irritate me more than most people want to see. When I had a dog, he used to go into the kitchen as soon as he heard the NFL come on the TV. But all this "out to get us" crap is something every single football fan repeats, and surely they can't be out to get every team. Sure, maybe once in a while there'll be a ref who has a beef with a player, coach, owner, whatever, or maybe he or she just has a crush on Tom Brady, but it's not the widespread narrative so many people think it is. You don't strike me as someone who'd let all the Chicken Littles of the world taint your intelligence, so please, just look at it from every angle before you go over the lemming cliff.

Blackrain

Reaction score
LoL, sorry but that is nonsense. Ever since they introduced the video assistant referee in soccer, it has only caused more controversy than diminish it. Wanna know why? Because in the end it's still humans making the decisions.

I mean do you really use tech as your argument? Haha, this very thread proved you wrong. Two people can't even come to the same conclusion after watching the same slow mo high res video here.

This isn't soccer this is a man's game it needs to be officiated properly.

Today's tech easily makes that happen but they don't want it to They went away to be able to manipulate games when they want to manipulate them

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not saying it's "lily white". But if there were any type of conspiracy, bribery, or anything of that nature, it would have to be by individual teams or owners, without the knowledge of anyone who would have their own agenda.

Do owners pay officials off to make a few calls in their favor? Maybe... I'm sure they've at least tried. But some people think the who league is scripted, which I find ridiculous, and I'm not even going to get into the reasons.
Not scripted in wwe kind if way....of course not.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not scripted in wwe kind if way....of course not.
It seems extremely unlikely to be scripted by the league in any way. Every team wants to win, and they're not going to just shave points here and there to help the other team. How many blowouts and shutouts have we seen over the years. No way any team is gonna say, "Yeah, we don't mind looking inadequate so you can look great." What about the individual players looking for a big payday? None of them are going to risk a lesser contract in their next trade by taking a dive. You think these guys make a lot of money now? Imagine what they'd make with a "tell all" book, outlining bribes, schemes, and make believe.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, so as a team with one of the highest SB win totals, the Cowboys aren't an "anointed" team? Untimely and unjust penalties (and lack thereof) irritate me more than most people want to see. When I had a dog, he used to go into the kitchen as soon as he heard the NFL come on the TV. But all this "out to get us" crap is something every single football fan repeats, and surely they can't be out to get every team. Sure, maybe once in a while there'll be a ref who has a beef with a player, coach, owner, whatever, or maybe he or she just has a crush on Tom Brady, but it's not the widespread narrative so many people think it is. You don't strike me as someone who'd let all the Chicken Littles of the world taint your intelligence, so please, just look at it from every angle before you go over the lemming cliff.
"Annoited"....with one playoff win in 6 years...and how many the last 25?
Hardly.

So explain the zeke heavy suspension...just when the cowboys were popping.
And if a referee felt their was a feud....why not join goodell and hammer the cowboys for favor? Without oversight or with excuses..of course.
I also think the nfl would try to guide results for maximum profits. Willing to bet goodell has a whole team of marketing and data researchers.

Again...not top to bottom owner/league corruption or pro wrestling script. More subtle...isnt unthinkable.
Zeke suspension totally odd. Booth/NY reviews head scratching....just to name a few "subtle" oddities.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Annoited"....with one playoff win in 6 years...and how many the last 25?
Hardly.

So explain the zeke heavy suspension...just when the cowboys were popping.
And if a referee felt their was a feud....why not join goodell and hammer the cowboys for favor? Without oversight or with excuses..of course.
I also think the nfl would try to guide results for maximum profits. Willing to bet goodell has a whole team of marketing and data researchers.

Again...not top to bottom owner/league corruption or pro wrestling script. More subtle...isnt unthinkable.
Zeke suspension totally odd. Booth/NY reviews head scratching....just to name a few "subtle" oddities.
But after winning 3 SBs in 4 years, it sure seems like they'd be the anointed ones, but somehow, someone must've forgotten.
As for the officials wanting to be in the good graces of Goodell, to what end?
This is just a silly stance to take, and it has the undeniable taste of sour grapes.