After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But after winning 3 SBs in 4 years, it sure seems like they'd be the anointed ones, but somehow, someone must've forgotten.
As for the officials wanting to be in the good graces of Goodell, to what end?
This is just a silly stance to take, and it has the undeniable taste of sour grapes.
Again... never said it was just us losing. Or winning.

You keep slightly changing my words to suit your argument.
You think the nfl never...ever...purposely favored or disfavored any team or player. Fine . I disagree.

We could civilly disagree without insults?

You never did explain the zeke suspension fiasco. No worries.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I've avoided this thread for two reasons.

-I knew Marcus Rock would post a billion times, defending the NFL shield, the league's "integrity" and the greatness of Goodell's leadership. I want to vomit whenever I see that bot post.
-I knew many would overly simplify the issue with the idea that "Cowboys always get screwed." It happens a lot, but most definitely not in all games. Sometimes Dallas is the beneficiary of the calls, quite often with small market teams or when the betting lines get ultra-lucrative.

Deeper in the playoffs with an anointed team: it will almost certainly happen. Zebras will flash their stuff...you'll learn about new nonsense rules that make zero sense. 15 yard-penalty for sneezing in the wrong direction. And they'll flush Dallas hopes down the toilet.

Well I guess you're not avoiding the thread any more, are you? But nice to announce your own lack of self-control. How about going one step further and putting me on ignore if you're unable to remain stable for words someone else typed on your screen. I always like when folks announce their inability to cope.

The issue with people like you is you want people to buy your victim whines unchallenged to for reassurance in your loony world. So naturally, when someone shows up with evidence to the contrary, y'all get mad, just like here. You actually going to debate this play or go into sweeping generalizations to avoid that? When I get followers like this it's either because of what I said above or you actually did try to debate me at one point and were made to look foolish or something. So now I get angry fanboi followers trying to "even the score."

Do you see me angrily following and posting about any specific conspiracy poster in threads anywhere they have or haven't posted? That's because I'm secure in what I believe and don't care 2 bits who doesn't believe the same. So I'm quite comfortable standing on my own if need be. A man does that from time to time, not solicit support to check in on what he should believe. And if I do engage someone, I do it directly like a man and not this chirping from the sidelines, "hey, don't sit with this guy at lunch" gossipy nonsense like a little b****. But it fits with your lack of self-control and need to promote your "hey, it's not fair" toddler reasoning to soften the blow for a non-winning franchise. Good to know I'm in your head though. Another unofficial follower and this isn't even Twitter. Lol.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You keep going back to teams/players to solve the argument...and i never said any such thing.
The only time i could see teams doing that is for draft picks.

Think nfl ....as a money grabbing political machine.

And you 100% trust them.

Okay then.
You don’t have to 100% trust them to believe they are at least making the integrity of the games a priority despite all of the collateral damage and baggage attached.

And the league has prospered whether it’s the Cowboys or small market teams like Green Bay or Pittsburgh winning.

If the league truly had intent to manipulate the results to maximize revenue the top markets like NY, LA and Chicago would be targeted to have the most success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

You think the nfl never...ever...purposely favored or disfavored any team or player. Fine . I disagree.

The Zeke suspicion is fairly obvious. Zeke didn’t ever show any remorse. And he continued to be out there with multiple other incidents while under investigation.

And this was at a time when the Cowboys had the most players with different personal conduct issues with an owner who was also not showing any remorse continuing to pursue problem players.

It led to more severe punishment. I’d argue they had it coming.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Zeke suspicion is fairly obvious. Zeke didn’t ever show any remorse. And he continued to be out there with multiple other incidents while under investigation.

And this was at a time when the Cowboys had the most players with different personal conduct issues with an owner who was also not showing any remorse continuing to pursue problem players.

It led to more severe punishment. I’d argue they had it coming.
Aha...I see your agenda now.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Sorry, I didn't intend to change your meaning. I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The NFL is owned by the teams, so I don't understand how they, as a whole, benefit by favoring or disfavoring any team, player, etc., or why the entities being disfavored would stand for it.

As for Zeke, that seemed like Goodell trying to look straight for the sponsors and the public, by laying into him. He probably wouldn't have, if Zeke had just behaved himself during the "investigation", but Zeke drew attention to himself by flashing the girl's breast. Still wasn't right for Goodell to do it, especially when the investigator he assigned recommended no punishment, but I don't think it was a personal grudge.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, I didn't intend to change your meaning. I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The NFL is owned by the teams, so I don't understand how they, as a whole, benefit by favoring or disfavoring any team, player, etc., or why the entities being disfavored would stand for it.

As for Zeke, that seemed like Goodell trying to look straight for the sponsors and the public, by laying into him. He probably wouldn't have, if Zeke had just behaved himself during the "investigation", but Zeke drew attention to himself by flashing the girl's breast. Still wasn't right for Goodell to do it, especially when the investigator he assigned recommended no punishment, but I don't think it was a personal grudge.
The NFL office is it's own department. Sure, owners vote and have input. I admit, I'm not too sure of the depth of their interactions. BUT...Goodell runs the ship. Has has his own aides, administrations, etc. Doesn't he run the refs, replays, and administer punitive actions?...no matter what the owners say.

He has a LOT of power...that the owners can only object to in the next vote?
If a player or owner suspect foul play, they arelikely to not say too much. Just look at what happens HERE at the thought of it. Chastised.

I can only imagine if an owner did it.

Zeke gets suspended. Kraft gets invited to dinner. Odd.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The NFL office is it's own department. Sure, owners vote and have input. I admit, I'm not too sure of the depth of their interactions. BUT...Goodell runs the ship. Has has his own aides, administrations, etc. Doesn't he run the refs, replays, and administer punitive actions?...no matter what the owners say.

He has a LOT of power...that the owners can only object to in the next vote?
If a player or owner suspect foul play, they arelikely to not say too much. Just look at what happens HERE at the thought of it. Chastised.

I can only imagine if an owner did it.

Zeke gets suspended. Kraft gets invited to dinner. Odd.
Goodell is simply doing the owners dirty work. He represents the owners . And they have bestowed him the power.

The owners ultimately hold the power cumulatively and with 24 votes can remove him at any time .

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Goodell is simply doing the owners dirty work. He represents the owners . And they have bestowed him the power.

The owners ultimately hold the power cumulatively and with 24 votes can remove him at any time .

So it's the OWNERS that are cheating. Well, I'll be ....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Football has been a priority in my life since I was a kid. I’ve basically planned my life around it 4-5 months of the year . And even before we had cable TV had 2 TV’s on for the games.

My father was a diehard as well. Along with his brother. They both played college football. Were involved with their Alma Maters. My uncle was a star. Had an opportunity to play for Lombardi and the Packers but wasn’t enough money to move to Green Bay.

It was just always a huge part of our lives . I was very fortunate we were afforded the luxury to indulge ourselves. It didn’t take away from our normal lives as we all were Diehards. My wife loves it too . I won over her father when we started dating cause I had season tickets. He had never been to a game before.

That is awesome, the whole family loves football.

Did you ever play college ball like your dad and uncle?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course . Every significant profitable entity is rigged if it doesn’t benefit us or work in our favor . Typical sour grapes and scapegoating . Such a lame outlook . I can only imagine where these type of people are in the pecking order. Lol

If the NFL results are rigged in anyway then their total product is fraudulent because the league has stated that their Integrity is paramount to their product.

If we believe otherwise then it needs to be investigated. And if there is foul play prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If not then we must accept it for what it is. Poor and inconsistent officiating. And attempt to implement new rules to curb these errors like the league has continued to do.

There has never been perfection in officiating. And never will be . It’s part of the game. Until proven otherwise.

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend.

Refs make mistakes, bad calls happen. This is especially true if its a bang-bang play like the defender hitting Lamb just as the ball arrives. Yeah, if you go frame by frame on a 65in 4K TV it looks like Lamb got hit a second early, but in real time its hard to tell. So unless every single play is going to be reviewed, its a judgement call.

I guess my point is that a bad call is not in and of itself proof of a conspiracy, its just proof that refs are human and they make mistakes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is awesome, the whole family loves football.

Did you ever play college ball like your dad and uncle?
No, I didn’t . I played golf and tennis in high school. When I begun playing sports in school I was too small for football or basketball. When I entered my sophomore year I was only 5’2. Was 5’6 junior year and by my senior year was 6 ‘1. Grew almost a foot in less than 2 years but was too late to get involved.

Several former players and a couple Cowboys attended my uncles funeral a few years ago.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score

Refs make mistakes, bad calls happen. This is especially true if its a bang-bang play like the defender hitting Lamb just as the ball arrives. Yeah, if you go frame by frame on a 65in 4K TV it looks like Lamb got hit a second early, but in real time its hard to tell. So unless every single play is going to be reviewed, its a judgement call.

I guess my point is that a bad call is not in and of itself proof of a conspiracy, its just proof that refs are human and they make mistakes.

There's no conspiracy The owners know what's going on.
They're on board with the league using the referees to manipulate games so the score stay close and viewer stay tuned in and they make maximum revenue in the short window of a 17 game season.

When games are not competitive and viewers shut them off sponsors don't get the benefit of the viewers watching their product.

It appears prejudicial towards us quite a bit because we are on so many prime time games.

The primetime games with maximum viewers are the ones that need to be manipulated the most to keep the viewing audience.

Not really sure why this is so difficult for some to understand.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Of course. These fans who believe it’s Fake Football are still watching and taking it seriously. Lol

Anything to support another excuse for us losing. Probably mostly homers. I should have recognized it earlier especially by OP who is biggest Dak Homer .

Now if they were taking the stand we all should follow them abandoning a Fake product then I’d at least support their conviction. What a crock of crap:)

Blackrain

Reaction score
Of course. These fans who believe it’s Fake Football are still watching and taking it seriously. Lol

Anything to support another excuse for us losing. Probably mostly homers. I should have recognized it earlier especially by OP who is biggest Dak Homer .

Now if they were taking the stand we all should follow them abandoning a Fake product then I’d at least support their conviction. What a crock of crap:)

Maybe the fans don't believe that the football is fake maybe they just believe it's manipulated for entertainment purposes.

The plays all happen catches tackles sacks fumbles. The pro bowl is fake football.

You're too heavily invested to even be able to debate the topic. You've basically said it's your whole life You're obsessed with it .

So to admit that it's anything but pure just means that you've wasted so much of your life watching something that wasn't what you thought it was You just can't bear to think of it that way.

So you're going to label people and bash them as Homer's that need an excuse for our losses.
When in actuality you need the game to be pure to justify the amount of time you spent watching it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe the fans don't believe that the football is fake maybe they just believe it's manipulated for entertainment purposes.

The plays all happen catches tackles sacks fumbles. The pro bowl is fake football.

You're too heavily invested to even be able to debate the topic. You've basically said it's your whole life You're obsessed with it .

So to admit that it's anything but pure just means that you've wasted so much of your life watching something that wasn't what you thought it was You just can't bear to think of it that way.

So you're going to label people and bash them as Homer's that need an excuse for our losses.
When in actuality you need the game to be pure to justify the amount of time you spent watching it.
More BS. Enjoy your Fake Football fantasy. Lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score

You don't think it also goes the other way where fans are so invested and identify so much with the Cowboys that any loss of theirs makes them a loser by extension, which causes them to create stories about how the Cowboys didn't "really" lose but some evil boogeyman was responsible instead to help soothe the psyche because that's a reality they can't accept?