1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Aldon Smith makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Apr 2, 2020.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

62,771 Messages
    69,861 Likes Received
    Oh it most certainly is that as well. But the connection with Tomsula (and by extension McCarthy) is also undeniable.

rocyaice likes this.
  2. stasheroo

62,771 Messages
    69,861 Likes Received
    Less than "A few years". More like 8-10 months.

3. jjktkk

jjktkk Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    unfortunatey talent wins out a lot in situations like this.

4. CoachD

CoachD Well-Known Member

462 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    So let me get this straight he's been out of football for four years is a habitual criminal and is a domestic abuser so how again is he going to help the Cowboys win and not be a lockerroom cancer? This just in we had our fair share of cuckoo birds in the past i.e. Hardy, Underwood, and Spellman we don't need anymore!

5. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,191 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received

If this is what he was caught doing - just imagine what the guy got away with doing

Im all for given people chances but his last arrest wasnt even a year ago. How can anyone say after that rap sheet he turned his life around? Maybe going 2 years of not getting in trouble we can say he turned things around.

And lets be straight this isnt given anyone a 2nd chance. This is Dallas trying to see if they can strike gold.

6. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

3,900 Messages
    4,148 Likes Received
    It's the first part that concerns me regarding his playing time. He's had 4 DUIs and is not even 1 year removed from his last one. And that's being caught doing it. I think he deserves the chance if the NFL wants to give it to him but I'd worry about him staying clean on the DUI front before anything else and just hope no one gets hurt if he doesn't stay clean.

7. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,960 Messages
    14,839 Likes Received
    I don't know that he's been accused of causing problems in the locker room, but at the end of the day, the contract is small, it's only a 1 year deal, and I'm sure there are outs for the team if he causes problems.

8. eromeopolk

eromeopolk Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    1,911 Likes Received
    Another unreliable and unavailable player. I posted Smith's legal problems yesterday 2 hours after I found out and still waiting for someone to say... APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

CoachD likes this.
  9. George

George a legend in your own mind

994 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    Needs support. A handler. Otherwise, this won’t work.

10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,758 Messages
    13,749 Likes Received
    The out is that the contract is not guaranteed. Doesn't sound like he got even a signing bonus.

OmerV and CoachD like this.
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

39,528 Messages
    12,230 Likes Received
    Sorry ...... but if I have to explain why I will not cheer for a guy who beats women and attacks people ...... There is no point in explaining it.

12. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,705 Messages
    6,275 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

32,404 Messages
    25,864 Likes Received
    SMH...you don't have to explain why you "don't support" those guys I'm asking you to explain these instances because I haven't heard anyone reference him as a woman beater. At least his wiki doesn't say that. Says he was accused of it a incident. It is what it is. Its clear the guy had issues with alcohol......

I just always find it odd that people will root for a team in a sport where its been reported these guys are literally killing themselves for your pleasure. Destroying their bodies and their brain. We cheer for this. But when a issue comes up where a violent person is violent...its a shock or the moral high horse come into play.

Echo9 likes this.
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

30,758 Messages
    13,749 Likes Received
    I would assume that the incident was about his drinking and trying to take his bottles of tequila away or his car keys.

15. Skillit

Skillit Well-Known Member

302 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    I will respectfully disagree and say that Scandinavia (I used to be a student in a city called Umeå in Sweden) is a poor comparison to most anything American.

They are a basically homogeneous, 99.9% educated and relatively small societies with none of the divisive history, cultural barriers and sheer magnitude of population, economic burden or strategic importance that pushes mass societies like ours into some tight places.

Do we have things to learn from them, sure—— is their method the secret for diminishing American inequality and strife? My opinion is no.

I don’t claim to have “the answer” but any solution that lasts in this society would have to come from this society.

Echo9, Kaiser and Jarv like this.
  16. TwistedL0g1k

TwistedL0g1k Well-Known Member

515 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    Bad personnel decisions by the GM, like this one, have been far more detrimental to the team than bad coaching.

Jake likes this.
  17. Blue&Silver

Blue&Silver Well-Known Member

1,786 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    I'd be surprised if he survives last cut if there is one.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,204 Messages
    23,918 Likes Received
    It was 0.4 initially, but hitting that police car knocked some of it out of him.

19. stasheroo

62,771 Messages
    69,861 Likes Received
    I'd be surprised if he made it that far only to be cut then.

20. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

3,534 Messages
    3,659 Likes Received
    ..wow..!! thats a big 2nd chance, looking at those stats. Im surprised he's allowed to play for the NFL. Can he be a good boy for one year?