All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

Nav22

Reaction score
ohhh so tough with your mediocre insults....just like the way our QB plays...mediocre
LOLLLLL someone’s losing confidence in their idiotic stance already.

I CAN’T WAIT for those rankings to come out, Mr. Inferior.

Remember what you said now: NO SERIOUS PERSON IN THE NFL would rank Dak top 10.

So let’s see if NFL players, coaches AND execs are ALL a bunch of idiots, according to you - the guy who can’t properly differentiate between “your” and “you’re” the way most 3rd graders can.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well we both know extremists are to be avoided at all costs no matter what the subject. Dak is a good QB. He has work to do to become a great one. He's no worse than one of the 10 best in the league.. Whatever adjective people want to assign to that ranking is fine by me. Well let me rephrase that. Adjectives like "sucks", "average," or "mediocre" are unacceptable because by definition a person ranked in the top 10 at what he does by consensus cannot be described by those terms. He's "good" with work to do.. How does that sound? The only part of your last statement I might take exception to is the word "middle." Unless there are only 20 QBs in the NFL he can't be in the middle. But I guess you were referring to where his play falls in comparison to where people here want to rate him more than his actual ranking?

And in this context the middle was referring to not on either sides of the extremes .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Top 10 of starting QBs means basically top 30%...fwiw
Which isn’t a bad place to be . We just need a greater defense and strong running game to compliment .

Where we screwed up is over paying Dak but like so many things this era that’s more on our owners dysfunction .

We got a glimpse this year what we could look like with a strong running game and better defense .

DFWJC

Reaction score
Which isn’t a bad place to be . We just need a greater defense and strong running game to compliment .

Where we screwed up is over paying Dak but like so many things this era that’s more on our owners dysfunction .

We got a glimpse this year what we could look like with a strong running game and better defense .
  • Run game ranked 9th too.
  • The defense was 7th in scoring defense but lower in yards allowed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
  • Run game ranked 9th too.
  • The defense was 7th in scoring defense but lower in yards allowed.
We should always use the official NFL ranking system. The same system which has ranked all of the great defenses in NFL history.

The Cowboys were 19th in total defense.

We were near the top in turnovers which at times presented our defense to be much better. But in games without turnovers we struggled with similar deficiencies from previous seasons with lower tier defense.

And running game was 1st in first half of season. But as we saw it deteriorate in 2nd half and a big contributing factor why our offense and QB struggled.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=d&cat=t

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As Diesy said, 19th. We are not close to good enough on D.

Anytime a team with an average at best QB at the helm can line up and knock you off the ball for 170 yards rushing in a playoff game then your defense is decidedly NOT good enough. Not even close. I find it fascinating that those who dismiss Dak's ranking among QBs as having been forged against bad teams will in the same breath try to prop up the defense and the running game based on THEIR final rankings ... Apparently the rankings and the stats don't matter unless they support my argument in which case they the gospel.. Weird isn't it..

Last edited:

dfense

Reaction score
Anti-Dakkers furrowing their brows in a vain attempt at understanding football.

“B-b-b-but I thought he sucked!?! How can he be top 10!?!?”
:laugh:
That's not saying alot. Other than Wilson, 20 unimpressive duds after Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anytime a team with an average at best QB at the helm can line up and knock you off the ball for 170 yards in a playoff game then your defense is decidedly NOT good enough. Not even close. I find it fascinating that those who dismiss Dak's ranking among QBs as having been forged against bad teams will in the same breath try to prop up the defense and the running game based on THEIR final rankings ... Apparently the rankings and the stats don't matter unless they support my argument in which case they the gospel.. Weird isn't it..
The fact Daks rankings statistically are as high as they are no doubt disputes the more extreme disparaged against him. He obviously is better than they want to portray.

Often it’s about a perception as fans see and using these stats to support their view as you accurately stated.

Our defense with their turnovers and Micah’s performance definitely presented a more positive perception for our defense this year despite similar deficiencies statistically from previous years.

Much like Daks personal stats present a more positive spin on his otherwise similar negatives from previous seasons.

I’m not sure our stats clearly describe our take of last season in a broad stroke . You’d have to of watched all of the games and how it varied in performances , effects and results throughout the year.

There were games where Dak and defense looked very formidable and other games which it didn’t.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The fact Daks rankings statistically are as high as they are no doubt disputes the more extreme disparaged against him. He obviously is better than they want to portray.

Often it’s about a perception as fans see and using these stats to support their view as you accurately stated.

Our defense with their turnovers and Micah’s performance definitely presented a more positive perception for our defense this year despite similar deficiencies statistically from previous years.

Much like Daks personal stats present a more positive spin on his otherwise similar negatives from previous seasons.

I’m not sure our stats clearly describe our take of last season in a broad stroke . You’d have to of watched all of the games and how it varied in performances , effects and results throughout the year.

There were games where Dak and defense looked very formidable and other games which it didn’t.

Yeah this has always been the case and always will be. You have to watch the games to know what happened. You have to see the dropped balls or the INTs that bounce off receivers' chest to know that the QB did nothing wrong on those plays. I guess in the final analysis though people tend to see what they want to see. People who dislike Dak will point to a game (like Denver) where the receivers dropped between 6 and 8 balls on him (depending on how you score it) and declare that it was Dak who was bad. All while ignoring the anemic running game and the defense surrendering 200 yards on the ground. The truth of the matter is Dak did not play nearly as poorly in that game as the perception that came out of it. But for people who don't like Dak that loss was because "He didn't step up and carry the team." Never mind the fact that he hit guys in the chest on several pivotal 3rd downs that could have completely changed that game and his receivers let him down. In some small minds he was supposed to run down and catch the ball for them. That is not to say Dak was flawless in that game or even good.. But I do know that he lost easily 150 yards on dropped balls that day.. and those 150 yards could have made a HUGE difference in that game .. maybe they never get so far down that they abandon the run .. after all Zeke averaged 5.1 ypc that day if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the Cowboys put together a drive or two and get some sort of rhythm going offensively. Then again Moore will abandon the run as soon as we're down one score so maybe it changes nothing.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I think Pollard should get just as many snaps as Zeke, if not more if Zeke continues to look like this stuck in the mud shell of himself.

I don't believe we lose both Cooper and Gallup. I think we'll keep one of them and Dallas seems to have chosen Gallup with the reports of him being a "high priority" for them this offseason. Cooper has been showing frustration and even had Jerry saying snarking comments, so I don't see him coming back. CeeDee, Gallup, and Wilson is better than most, but it's a big downgrade for what we had in 2021. Cooper is a legit #1 receiver and when he was on the field he took pressure off everyone. We didn't miss a beat when Gallup was hurt.

I firmly believe that 2021 was the year we needed to get it done, and of course we couldn't even win a Wild Card game.
50/50 should be an adequate split. Also, until we fix the OL we should not be running up the gut on 90% of our runs like we love to do.

Cooper leaving would hurt, no doubt.

Dre11

Reaction score
So Mahommes didn't slump early for a 5-6 week period?.....I dont know, did not see those games. if you didnt see them either, then you dont know.
you cant go by stats. KC lost some games early, but they are team losses are they not?

in fact what romo said was early on KC game plans were for big plays, and it didnt work as teams learned from TB how to defend them.
then they finally adjusted to driving for scores, and they started winning.

I saw every cowboy game, so did you, so we see how dak plays.
if you watch the games, you can get a idea of what the game plan was.

I think game plans and play calling both affect how dak plays and looks to some extent. Kellen hasnt done him any favors.

But some things are daks fault, and after 5 years he should be better than he is.

I saw enough of those games early 3 to be exact and yes he was slumping, the same thing Mahomes struggled with early was the same thing teams were doing to Dak late.

Dre11

Reaction score
Anything that has Dak above Russell Wilson is broke and needs fixing.

Wilson broke a finger.

Lol Wilson has been average since the last half of 2020. Every since they let Russ cooked he's been average

RaZon

Reaction score
Lol Wilson has been average since the last half of 2020. Every since they let Russ cooked he's been average

WHAT????

Comp% 68.8
yards 4212
TD/INT 40/13
passer rating 105.1

That is average,, really guy? That is one of the great QB seasons. And up until breaking his finger he was doing the same things in 2021.

Don't try and compare Dak to Wilson it just won't work at all.

Dre11

Reaction score
WHAT????

Comp% 68.8
yards 4212
TD/INT 40/13
passer rating 105.1

That is average,, really guy? That is one of the great QB seasons. And up until breaking his finger he was doing the same things in 2021.

Don't try and compare Dak to Wilson it just won't work at all.

Just as nobody want to use stats with Dak don't use them with Russ, if you watch him play the last half of 2020 you know he was average.

Dre11

Reaction score