All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is true! The dude is a total salesman...he should leave football while his image is somewhat intact and save himself from getting any more injured. Think about it. He already out smarted a billionaire. The dude is handsome, he knows how to sell himself advertising. He could even go into acting...or even dance. Hell, he could even be a male model.

He has already had his chance at football, the team sport, tried his best at it. How many more years of failure in sports does he want to make Cowboy fans go through this?

If I were his agent and already made my money off of Dak...I would advise Dak to go into JJ's office and tell him that he is going to retire...and that he and I are sorry for bending him over and that Dak is going on to his real calling and give an apology to Jerry Jones for making him think you were what you thought you were.
So much anger and hatred.

This is not healthy. Seek help.

:facepalm:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So Mahommes didn't slump early for a 5-6 week period?

Stats are the truest measure for a qb, he's only a 1/3 of the team, he's dependent on the talent around him, because unless you're privy to meetings and gameplans there's no way of making an accurate assessment by eye test alone. Tannehill was considered a bust by all measures.
So Mahommes didn't slump early for a 5-6 week period?.....I dont know, did not see those games. if you didnt see them either, then you dont know.
you cant go by stats. KC lost some games early, but they are team losses are they not?

in fact what romo said was early on KC game plans were for big plays, and it didnt work as teams learned from TB how to defend them.
then they finally adjusted to driving for scores, and they started winning.

I saw every cowboy game, so did you, so we see how dak plays.
if you watch the games, you can get a idea of what the game plan was.

I think game plans and play calling both affect how dak plays and looks to some extent. Kellen hasnt done him any favors.

But some things are daks fault, and after 5 years he should be better than he is.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The best news is how absurdly bad the NFC is currently compared to the AFC. I could see the Cowboys making a deep playoff push or even a Super Bowl appearance considering this. They have the best chance to get to the SB in the past 3 decades. Very few legit contenders currently.
that is true, I was thinking about that.
If rodgers retires or leaves GB they wont be a contender. NO lost peyton, and brees, TB lost brady AB and probably Gronk. also their OC.
Arrians will be exposed now for what he is.

ONly the rams, SF , Arizona, and possibly seahawks are in the way of dallas.
So it is a good time, but jerry kept his coaches, will extend a loser like gregory, wont do anything in FA, and dak is struggling, elliot is not that good,
so dallas will blow this window more than likely.
It is possible they get past div round though.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So Mahommes didn't slump early for a 5-6 week period?.....I dont know, did not see those games. if you didnt see them either, then you dont know.
you cant go by stats. KC lost some games early, but they are team losses are they not?

in fact what romo said was early on KC game plans were for big plays, and it didnt work as teams learned from TB how to defend them.
then they finally adjusted to driving for scores, and they started winning.

I saw every cowboy game, so did you, so we see how dak plays.
if you watch the games, you can get a idea of what the game plan was.

I think game plans and play calling both affect how dak plays and looks to some extent. Kellen hasnt done him any favors.

But some things are daks fault, and after 5 years he should be better than he is.

Better than the 3rd highest rated passer in the league? Geez.. tough crowd. Look bro we all want Dak to be better. A lot of what I saw over the latter half of the season was a guy fighting himself.. not sure when to run.. not trusting his line, not trusting his body to take off, not trusting his own eyes looking at the defense. Better QBs than Dak have had stretched like that. Remember Rodgers during McCarthy's last season. Dude looked completely lost for long stretches. Go look at any game when Brady didn't get great protection. Look at what happened to Mahomes when they couldn't protect him. I'm not here to tell you Dak played great all season.. he didn't .. What I am telling you that these absolutes about his performance.. "He can not do this.." "He will never be that.." are just plain stupid. He has already exceeded what the "experts" said he could be in the NFL. To declare that he can't get any better? That's just people still clinging to the hope of being "right" about him.. when he's already proven all of them hopelessly wrong. Dak may not be the best QB in the NFL.. The good news is he doesn't have to be.. Plenty of guys not as good as he have won the Super Bowl.. when they have had good enough teammates. Oh and non-idiot coaches. Dak has work to do this offseason.. I am anxious to see what he does with it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
No, Goff’s pretty average but he was still good enough to reach a Super Bowl with a good team around him.

That’s why it’s funny when people say, “Dak will NEVER reach a Super Bowl!” Ummm, he’s certainly good enough, as was Tony Romo... but it’s a team sport.

And every team is only as good as it's weakest link...;);)...unfortunately our weakest link is at the QB position....wouldn't be so bad if he was paid like he plays but if you want top 3 money and then get it, you need to win when it counts

Nav22

Reaction score
And every team is only as good as it's weakest link...;);)...unfortunately our weakest link is at the QB position....wouldn't be so bad if he was paid like he plays but if you want top 3 money and then get it, you need to win when it counts
Zeke ran 12 times for 31 yards vs the 49ers and the team committed FOURTEEN penalties.... but Dak was the weak link???

Don’t hurt yourself trying to understand this sport.
:laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Better than the 3rd highest rated passer in the league? Geez.. tough crowd. Look bro we all want Dak to be better. A lot of what I saw over the latter half of the season was a guy fighting himself.. not sure when to run.. not trusting his line, not trusting his body to take off, not trusting his own eyes looking at the defense. Better QBs than Dak have had stretched like that. Remember Rodgers during McCarthy's last season. Dude looked completely lost for long stretches. Go look at any game when Brady didn't get great protection. Look at what happened to Mahomes when they couldn't protect him. I'm not here to tell you Dak played great all season.. he didn't .. What I am telling you that these absolutes about his performance.. "He can not do this.." "He will never be that.." are just plain stupid. He has already exceeded what the "experts" said he could be in the NFL. To declare that he can't get any better? That's just people still clinging to the hope of being "right" about him.. when he's already proven all of them hopelessly wrong. Dak may not be the best QB in the NFL.. The good news is he doesn't have to be.. Plenty of guys not as good as he have won the Super Bowl.. when they have had good enough teammates. Oh and non-idiot coaches. Dak has work to do this offseason.. I am anxious to see what he does with it.
I dont know why u quoted me, and then ramble on about dak.
All I said about him was this
But some things are daks fault, and after 5 years he should be better than he is....... both are true.
you and I both bashed the coaches, yet dak just said he likes them lol !!!!! What does that say to u about dak?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As usual this supports Dak is more in the middle. He’s not as great as the homers think or as bad as the haters think.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I dont know why u quoted me, and then ramble on about dak.
All I said about him was this
But some things are daks fault, and after 5 years he should be better than he is....... both are true.
you and I both bashed the coaches, yet dak just said he likes them lol !!!!! What does that say to u about dak?
Dak supporting his coaches says he's a good soldier who isn't going to throw his coaches under the bus publicly. + Just like his saying he was 100% physically when all of us could see that his body wasn't right after the calf injury was him being a good soldier. He's not wired that way.. at least not yet. He is not the first QB to believe in his coaches even as the coaches showed themselves to be less than great. Anybody remember all the press conferences where Romo threw Garrett under the bus? Yeah, me neither. Do any us of really want Dak making the talk show rounds demanding that Moore and/or McCarthy be shown the door? People complain about this thing being a circus now.. Can you imagine how that would play out? Whatever is wrong with the offense we need everybody to go into the lab and fix it. Though frankly the #1 thing they need to do is fix the o-line and most of the other problems go away. But there are other issues.. and some of them fall on Dak.. His issues are the ones I worry about the least.. because I KNOW he will put in the work to fix them. And eventually he will do to Moore what Romo did to Garrett. He will go no huddle and call his own plays more and more. As long as he stays healthy I expect the Dak from the first half of the season to be Dak all year. If he is able to give us that level of play all season then I will be satisfied with HIS portion. Now if only the rest of the team could join him playing at a top 5 level.. Then we got somethin.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As usual this supports Dak is more in the middle. He’s not as great as the homers think or as bad as the haters think.

I don't know that anyone here thinks he is "great." I certainly don't. However if he had stayed on the trajectory he was on before the injury it would have been really hard not to call him that. But true greatness must be shown over time and in the playoffs. He has had one great playoff game, two okay playoff games and one pretty crappy one. That is not greatness. He's got work to do. I believe he will do it. I get that people are impatient for the Cowboys to return to glory and Dak being great is the quickest path to get us there. But he had nothing to do with most of these frustrating years.. We can't pile all that frustration on him. At least I can't.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
So after all this he is top 10.. Lol. Now that brady retired he moved up 1 space..

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke ran 12 times for 31 yards vs the 49ers and the team committed FOURTEEN penalties.... but Dak was the weak link???

Don’t hurt yourself trying to understand this sport.
:laugh:

If opposing teams had any fear of our QB being able to beat them, Zeke and our running game would see many many more holes to run thru. There is not a DC in the league who game plans to stop Dak, but they do game plan to stop Zeke. Rams ran for 43 yards on 23 carries in the SuperBowl 1.9 yards per carry (Akers 1.6 and Henderson 1.8), that's less yards per carry than Zeke's 2.58 YPC against the 49ers......with such a feeble rushing attack during the game Stafford still found a way to put the team on his back for that last drive to win the game...what did Dak do on his last drive?

It's not me who doesn't understand the game my friend...one quick question though..what colour are your Dak pajamas?

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If opposing teams had any fear of our QB being able to beat them, Zeke and our running game would see many many more holes to run thru. There is not a DC in the league who game plans to stop Dak, but they do game plan to stop Zeke. Rams ran for 43 yards on 23 carries in the SuperBowl 1.9 yards per carry (Akers 1.6 and Henderson 1.8), that's less yards per carry than Zeke's 2.58 YPC against the 49ers......with such a feeble rushing attack game Stafford found a way to put the team on his back for that last drive to win the game...what did Dak do on his last drive?

It's not me who doesn't understand the game my friend...one quick question though..what colour are your Dak pajamas?

NFL teams have zero respect for Dak Prescott.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I believe somewhere between 10-15 will be Dak's ceiling going forward.

He finished 7th in these ranking after his rookie season and this is the first season since he's finished inside the top 10.

Honestly, 10-15 isn’t the worst position to be in for a QB if we had a good team… but we don’t. Hell, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl a few years back with Jimmy LOL.

But the current 9th place ranking sounds about right for Dak. He had a very good first half of the season, then stumbled after the injury (some of it was physical, most of it seemed mental).

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak should thank all the dog teams he faced......true talent ranking is around 20th....

Jags, Giants, Texans, Lions and Bears, who were (excluding the Rams' win over them) were a combined 20-59.

So Stafford should thank all those dog teams he faced as well...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Does that mean there isn't much left after you remove the haters?

I just peaked the list. Once you get past #7 there is a significant drop.

Like....

1. Rolls Royce
2. Bentley
3. Ferrari
4. McLaren
5. Mercedes
6. Aston Martin
7. Bugatti
8. Honda Civic.

It doesn't really matter who or where you're ranked after $7.
and you can dump a ton of money on fancy wheels, paint job, leather interior, on a Chevy Nova, but your never turning that Nova into a Vette.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So 9-15 any given game is correct, and the truth bothers you sorry, hey top 5 against scrub teams I'll agree, falls off a cliff the harder the competition gets. I bet that list you use doesn't give one name of all those 50 rating the QB's, wasn't 2020 these same guys had Wentz above Dak. I had to LOL when you say "The good news is we’re not that far off" you have no credibility after making a statement like this, sorry.
Credibility was lost long time ago, well before that statement.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, 10-15 isn’t the worst position to be in for a QB if we had a good team… but we don’t. Hell, the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl a few years back with Jimmy LOL.

But the current 9th place ranking sounds about right for Dak. He had a very good first half of the season, then stumbled after the injury (some of it was physical, most of it seemed mental).
I believe Dak will be passed up by Mac Jones, Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, and Derek Carr on this list after next season. There might even be some surprise guys that take off next season, so it might even be lower.

I see us losing Cooper. I see the O-Line being another year older and more wear and tear. I see the same with Zeke. So, we're only going to get worse on offense because of those reasons while also not being able to afford top talent.

So, I could see Dak easily being 14-18 by the end of next season.