All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

zeke21

Reaction score
Anyone want to notice that we have been arguing about Dak since he arrived. And no matter HOW you slice it.. there is no one that can legitimately argue he is better than that 'middle' tier of QBs in the league. Rank him 9th or 12th or whatever.. he is not elite. We are paying him ELITE ELITE money. We are paying him Mahomes money.. and THAT is why he will kill this franchise.

When you pay a QB Elite Money.. you are saying that he is 'the guy' that can carry other guys.. you are saying that he needs to be able to do SOMETHING above the ordinary.. so perhaps you skimp on his OL and expect him to be an expert scrambler, you skimp on his receivers and ask him to make better throws to compensate.. maybe you skimp on defence and expect him to put up 40 points a game in continual shoot outs..

No matter what though.. if you are paying ONE GUY that much on your salary cap.. you have to make sacrfices somewhere else on your list and that means that GUY has to be able to 'make up' for whatever that shortcoming is.

Dak can barely function adequately in his own position.. let alone compensate for an area lacking and THAT is why we will not win a SB until we move on from Dak.

For those thinking that Dak is going to somehow improve next year.. Lol what?! Dude is entering his 7th season.. what you see is what you are getting.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody with 10,000+ more posts than likes lives in my head. I can assure you of that. I only let quality content in my head. You need no apply.
like I said, I am not real....perhaps I am your alter ego, your other personality....interesting the MC has 10,000+ posts...hmmmm ;)

Nav22

Reaction score
Absolutely...team sport.

Just to be clear though...you aren't saying Goff is as good as Stafford are you?
No, Goff’s pretty average but he was still good enough to reach a Super Bowl with a good team around him.

That’s why it’s funny when people say, “Dak will NEVER reach a Super Bowl!” Ummm, he’s certainly good enough, as was Tony Romo... but it’s a team sport.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That means Dak being a successful NFL starting QB for 6+ years doesn’t count and Paxton Lynch gets a pass for his career-long failures!!!

DUH!!!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dak is a successful NFL QB for six years? lmao. What has he done that has been successful? If you think he has been a success since becoming the QB of the Cowboys you really have very low standards...because Dak has not done crap...you know it as well as many others. Just because he is one of 32 QB's does not mean success, it just means he is an NFL QB, nothing else and nothing special.

So, now Mr. Team Sport. What failing NFL team or team that is close but do not have a good QB but if had Dak would elevate their play? I mean coming from the likes of you and others, he is the best in the NFL and does no wrong.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Ironically I think the exact opposite. Moore HAS been good overall. That's the problem. The Cowboys have an amazing array of talent and as a result when they face teams that either have inferior talent or stupid DC they absolutely boat race them. This gives the appearance that Moore is "good overall." The fact that they put up such huge numbers against and actually even put up decent numbers against "good teams" generally makes it looks like Moore is doing a good job. Because the numbers say he is.. Here's the problem.. The Cowboys offensive talent is such that half the guys on this site could call plays for them and they would be okay against most teams. Where they need help from the OC is when they face good defenses.. That is where Moore fails.. and that is why in my eyes he needs to git gone. Or at least hand over play calling to McCarthy. While suspect Moore would kick Big Mike's arse in Quiz Bowl.. I firmly believe McCarthy has a better feel for in game play calling. I'd like to see him take over a game or two.. Can we get Moore some Covid for a few games? Can somebody who works at a restaurant in the area spit some Covid into his food early next year? Just so we can see for ourselves if McCarthy is better?

I know.. that was turble.

lmao...Dog! Wow...that was funny, but wrong...not posed to mention that stuff. But, I do agree with you and the play calling.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Well then they would blame Dak for that....Again the reason this franchise is where it is can be seen like the biggest bonfire in the world but yet some will still say "Our players have sucked for 26 years"....the owner flys the "Coaching doesnt matter" in the fans face year after year and yet its this QB or that LG or this DE or that RB without considering its been diferent ones for 26 years but only one thing remains constant...hope this fan base never signs up for a world champ clue match, we are in trouble.
A great qb can persevere.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
wrong. according to a few, he should not be in the NFL at all.

This is true! The dude is a total salesman...he should leave football while his image is somewhat intact and save himself from getting any more injured. Think about it. He already out smarted a billionaire. The dude is handsome, he knows how to sell himself advertising. He could even go into acting...or even dance. Hell, he could even be a male model.

He has already had his chance at football, the team sport, tried his best at it. How many more years of failure in sports does he want to make Cowboy fans go through this?

If I were his agent and already made my money off of Dak...I would advise Dak to go into JJ's office and tell him that he is going to retire...and that he and I are sorry for bending him over and that Dak is going on to his real calling and give an apology to Jerry Jones for making him think you were what you thought you were.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
How, when wins and losses are team stats. Qb is offense is 1/3 the team.
Did you even bother to read my post. I said Dak, along with the rest of the team, needs to step up against good teams and playoff teams. So "the rest of the team" that I mentioned would incorporate the other 2/3 of the team.

Dre11

Reaction score
Did you even bother to read my post. I said Dak, along with the rest of the team, needs to step up against good teams and playoff teams. So "the rest of the team" that I mentioned would incorporate the other 2/3 of the team.

You said to judge the "qb" by wins and playoff success , you can't. The same way other players are judged is the way a qb should be judged. Dlaw isn't judged by playoff success, DWare wasn't either, Zack Martin , Tyron and so on.

plymkr

Reaction score
You said to judge the "qb" by wins and playoff success , you can't. The same way other players are judged is the way a qb should be judged. Dlaw isn't judged by playoff success, DWare wasn't either, Zack Martin , Tyron and so on.
Fine you win. I'm not argue with you about things I didn't say. I clearly said Dak and the rest of the team has to step up against good teams and playoff teams. That includes DLaw, Tyron and Martin. So you clearly won this argument and I lost. Your point about it being a team sport is correct which is the same point I made. But you're right and I'm wrong. I retract my statement that Dak, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, needs to step it up against winning teams and playoff teams. You're right, Dak AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, are phenomenal in the playoffs and against teams with winning records. You're right. Congratulations.

Dre11

Reaction score
Fine you win. I'm not argue with you about things I didn't say. I clearly said Dak and the rest of the team has to step up against good teams and playoff teams. That includes DLaw, Tyron and Martin. So you clearly won this argument and I lost. Your point about it being a team sport is correct which is the same point I made. But you're right and I'm wrong. I retract my statement that Dak, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, needs to step it up against winning teams and playoff teams. You're right, Dak AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, are phenomenal in the playoffs and against teams with winning records. You're right. Congratulations.

I know I'm right, you said it.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak is a successful NFL QB for six years? lmao. What has he done that has been successful? If you think he has been a success since becoming the QB of the Cowboys you really have very low standards...because Dak has not done crap...you know it as well as many others. Just because he is one of 32 QB's does not mean success, it just means he is an NFL QB, nothing else and nothing special.

So, now Mr. Team Sport. What failing NFL team or team that is close but do not have a good QB but if had Dak would elevate their play? I mean coming from the likes of you and others, he is the best in the NFL and does no wrong.
Dak made $40M to play football last year, and you’re asking me how he’s a success?

If Dak’s a failure, what are YOU? The biggest loser on Earth?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak made $40M to play football last year, and you’re asking me how he’s a success?

If Dak’s a failure, what are YOU? The biggest loser on Earth?

Greed for money is not the same as greed to be a Champion...laugh at yourself.

shabazz

Reaction score
We can debate if he’s the 9th best or the 15th best but the problem is that he’s getting paid top 3 and nothing bringing that “A-game” in the biggest moments. Yeah, the salary cap is real

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can debate if he’s the 9th best or the 15th best but the problem is that he’s getting paid top 3 and nothing bringing that “A-game” in the biggest moments. Yeah, the salary cap is real
In 2 years Dak won’t even be top 6 in salary….

mardwin

Reaction score
9th is definitely fair. I always thought he was between 7-12 because there some that are better than Dak. But then there are others that are at/above his level any given day.

Better
Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers
Burrow
Herbert
Allen
Watson?????

Same tier
Carr
Stafford
Jackson
Wilson

The Top 7 I would take over Dak, the 4 in the same tier "could" be better than Dak on any given day but not by much.

The rest I wouldn't put in Dak's league

Same tier as a league MVP and two super bowl champs. These fans are are a trip... They just be advising Jerry.