1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MountaineerCowboy, Feb 19, 2022.

1. zeke21

zeke21 Well-Known Member

972 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    Anyone want to notice that we have been arguing about Dak since he arrived. And no matter HOW you slice it.. there is no one that can legitimately argue he is better than that 'middle' tier of QBs in the league. Rank him 9th or 12th or whatever.. he is not elite. We are paying him ELITE ELITE money. We are paying him Mahomes money.. and THAT is why he will kill this franchise.

When you pay a QB Elite Money.. you are saying that he is 'the guy' that can carry other guys.. you are saying that he needs to be able to do SOMETHING above the ordinary.. so perhaps you skimp on his OL and expect him to be an expert scrambler, you skimp on his receivers and ask him to make better throws to compensate.. maybe you skimp on defence and expect him to put up 40 points a game in continual shoot outs..

No matter what though.. if you are paying ONE GUY that much on your salary cap.. you have to make sacrfices somewhere else on your list and that means that GUY has to be able to 'make up' for whatever that shortcoming is.

Dak can barely function adequately in his own position.. let alone compensate for an area lacking and THAT is why we will not win a SB until we move on from Dak.

For those thinking that Dak is going to somehow improve next year.. Lol what?! Dude is entering his 7th season.. what you see is what you are getting.

Swagger likes this.
  2. Cowpolk

Cowpolk Landry Hat

15,873 Messages
    24,330 Likes Received
    You are welcome:thumbup:

DCwarrior likes this.
  3. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

23,978 Messages
    12,706 Likes Received
    like I said, I am not real....perhaps I am your alter ego, your other personality....interesting the MC has 10,000+ posts...hmmmm ;)

4. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

11,541 Messages
    12,867 Likes Received
    No, Goff’s pretty average but he was still good enough to reach a Super Bowl with a good team around him.

That’s why it’s funny when people say, “Dak will NEVER reach a Super Bowl!” Ummm, he’s certainly good enough, as was Tony Romo... but it’s a team sport.

DFWJC likes this.
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    Dak is a successful NFL QB for six years? lmao. What has he done that has been successful? If you think he has been a success since becoming the QB of the Cowboys you really have very low standards...because Dak has not done crap...you know it as well as many others. Just because he is one of 32 QB's does not mean success, it just means he is an NFL QB, nothing else and nothing special.

So, now Mr. Team Sport. What failing NFL team or team that is close but do not have a good QB but if had Dak would elevate their play? I mean coming from the likes of you and others, he is the best in the NFL and does no wrong.

Swagger and MountaineerCowboy like this.
  6. 5Stars

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    lmao...Dog! Wow...that was funny, but wrong...not posed to mention that stuff. But, I do agree with you and the play calling.

7. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

15,432 Messages
    3,373 Likes Received
    A great qb can persevere.

8. 5Stars

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    This is true! The dude is a total salesman...he should leave football while his image is somewhat intact and save himself from getting any more injured. Think about it. He already out smarted a billionaire. The dude is handsome, he knows how to sell himself advertising. He could even go into acting...or even dance. Hell, he could even be a male model.

He has already had his chance at football, the team sport, tried his best at it. How many more years of failure in sports does he want to make Cowboy fans go through this?

If I were his agent and already made my money off of Dak...I would advise Dak to go into JJ's office and tell him that he is going to retire...and that he and I are sorry for bending him over and that Dak is going on to his real calling and give an apology to Jerry Jones for making him think you were what you thought you were.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  9. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

6,464 Messages
    8,913 Likes Received
    Did you even bother to read my post. I said Dak, along with the rest of the team, needs to step up against good teams and playoff teams. So "the rest of the team" that I mentioned would incorporate the other 2/3 of the team.

10. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,980 Messages
    10,621 Likes Received
    You said to judge the "qb" by wins and playoff success , you can't. The same way other players are judged is the way a qb should be judged. Dlaw isn't judged by playoff success, DWare wasn't either, Zack Martin , Tyron and so on.

11. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

6,464 Messages
    8,913 Likes Received
    Fine you win. I'm not argue with you about things I didn't say. I clearly said Dak and the rest of the team has to step up against good teams and playoff teams. That includes DLaw, Tyron and Martin. So you clearly won this argument and I lost. Your point about it being a team sport is correct which is the same point I made. But you're right and I'm wrong. I retract my statement that Dak, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, needs to step it up against winning teams and playoff teams. You're right, Dak AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, are phenomenal in the playoffs and against teams with winning records. You're right. Congratulations.

12. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,980 Messages
    10,621 Likes Received

I know I'm right, you said it.

13. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

11,541 Messages
    12,867 Likes Received
    Dak made $40M to play football last year, and you’re asking me how he’s a success?

If Dak’s a failure, what are YOU? The biggest loser on Earth?
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5Stars likes this.
  14. 5Stars

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    Greed for money is not the same as greed to be a Champion...laugh at yourself.

McKDaddy likes this.
  15. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

11,541 Messages
    12,867 Likes Received
    And you must not be greedy at all, since you have neither.
    :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues and 5Stars like this.
  16. 5Stars

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    I wish I had me some money...would buy me a guitar.

17. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

9,951 Messages
    16,397 Likes Received
    We can debate if he’s the 9th best or the 15th best but the problem is that he’s getting paid top 3 and nothing bringing that “A-game” in the biggest moments. Yeah, the salary cap is real

DandyDon1722 and BleedinBlue like this.
  18. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    :laugh::lmao:

Nav22 likes this.
  19. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    In 2 years Dak won’t even be top 6 in salary….

20. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    6,807 Likes Received
    Same tier as a league MVP and two super bowl champs. These fans are are a trip... They just be advising Jerry.