All is quiet on the Dez Hate Train?

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes. We didn't look that great against the Eagles in the first game at times either. If they had a more experienced QB their rating might be a bit higher too.

Lody

Reaction score
Dez has contributed. Substantially in fact in some games. But he is not anywhere near top 10 or even top 20 in any aspect of the game other than potentially going up for a jump ball.
jump balls often lead to big plays he has 8 td's in 12 games. only 5 wr has scored more td's than he has, and thats with him missing 3 games. Im afraid his demise has been overstated. he still makes big plays in a run first offense.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Maybe that bodes well for us if we end up playing those teams in the playoffs. If we play the Giants I guess someone other than Dez will have to step up and make a play if that stat continues to apply.
We could have beat the Giants both times, and I feel like it's inevitable that we win if we play them again. That said, I wouldn't mind if we didn't see them again again next year.

Falcons, Packers, and Patriots have the three best passing offenses in football right now. The defense will have to play like it did in the 2nd half tonight, or we'll just have to keep up with them.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Yes. We didn't look that great against the Eagles in the first game at times either. If they had a more experienced QB their rating might be a bit higher too.
Defensive passer rating is only what opposing QB do against that defense. And the Eagles' D was up there in the top 5 when we played them.

Verdict

Reaction score
jump balls often lead to big plays he has 8 td's in 12 games. only 5 wr has scored more td's than he has, and thats with him missing 3 games. Im afraid his demise has been overstated. he still makes big plays in a run first offense.

Part of your post is accurate and part of it is misleading. Dez has decent stats in some games. Tonight was very good.

Jump balls put the ball in harms way. The margin of error is slight on a jump ball. Jump balls lead to a potential for ints.

Dak is throwing to receivers who get separation which is why he has few turnovers and lots of wins. It also keeps the chains moving and scores points.

Dez has the ability to get jump balls but the higher percentage play is the better decision most of the time. That is why Dak is setting all sorts of records. Not because Dez can out muscle a guy for a jump ball 70 percent of the time.

Verdict

Reaction score
Defensive passer rating is only what opposing QB do against that defense. And the Eagles' D was up there in the top 5 when we played them.

Understood. I am just saying the Eagles defense is salty. The problem is that their offense isn't good enough to keep the defense off the field or give them consistently good field position to work with which may slightly devalue their defense.

I may be wrong about that but that's where I am going with that.

Lody

Reaction score
Part of your post is accurate and part of it is misleading. Dez has decent stats in some games. Tonight was very good.

Jump balls put the ball in harms way. The margin of error is slight on a jump ball. Jump balls lead to a potential for ints.

Dak is throwing to receivers who get separation which is why he has few turnovers and lots of wins. It also keeps the chains moving and scores points.

Dez has the ability to get jump balls but the higher percentage play is the better decision most of the time. That is why Dak is setting all sorts of records. Not because Dez can out muscle a guy for a jump ball 70 percent of the time.
Dez has more 20+ yard receptions than any Wr on the team. more td's than any receiver on the team. more big plays period. yes, Dak benefits from having a WR that can go up and snatch the ball, its ok to admit it. the 6 and 7 yards dumps to Beasley are cool, but the big plays from dez are more valuable in the grand scheme of things

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Lol?

We're talking about how Dez performed against specific secondary units.

Well Percy isn't narrowing down the focus of how bad the entire offense played in those 3 games to just blame it on Dez; i.e., if only Dez had 'shown up' in those games, we'd have won them or something.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I am critical of Dez just like I was tonight about Dak. For example, he took hits instead of sliding even though he had a phenomenal overall game. Shoot, I have Dak's jersey for crying out loud, so of course I believe in him and I support him. Doesn't mean I hate him. Quite the opposite. I want him to do well because when he does well it helps my Dallas Cowboys win. It's called tough love, not hate.

If Dez does well, I'll acknowledge it:

^ That's fantastic. He had a clear advantage last night. Linehan and Dak recognized it and went to him. He delivered big time. We need a game or two like this from him if we want to win it all.

I just can't stomach any 1-3 catch games from him. When he plays well it takes that 9th man out of the box. When he doesn't, our whole offense is stifled. We might not score 42 for the rest of the season, but our offense was humming because Dez was doing Dez things. Props to him for balling out. We need that going forward.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Oh, I know they'll be back which is such a sad existence to be a supposed fan of the team and be lying in wait for one of the team's players to fail.
No one wants him to fail. Some just want consistency. You know make he best of his opportunities every game, like number ones do.
Look interested every game not just once in a while.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Was a good game from Dez, so don't get carried away. Could just as easily vanish in the Playoffs like he did 2 seasons ago & T-Will will take up his slack. Surprisingly, T-Will had a pretty good day on one of our scoring drives with back to back to back 1st downs.

waving monkey

Reaction score
(Dez haters be like)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Slay was out. Doubt Dez scores if he's healthy.

Second of all, for an "elite" WR he's too one dimensional. He can only catch and throw with his left hand.

Once teams start gameplanning for that it's a wrap.
Ya,catching is what receivers do now throwing with either hand that's a more obscure talent I'm not read up on

reddyuta

Reaction score
well we are not going to see another rambling post from Latinmind on how dez sucks for one more week atleast.

Frozen700

Reaction score
We didn't play the Giants today though. Is this how it works in 2016, we're holding grudges against players like females?

I always swore this forum was 90% females. Teenage females

"Romo is fat"

"Why is he spending his money like that"

The constant flip flopping, and mood swings. The panic attacks after a loss.

There is no way grown men behave this way. These are the habits of a male sissy if so.