All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing JJ and Son at the coaches meetings and in the locker room pretty much verifies why no quality Coach will come here and why JG his coaches aren't given the freedom to coach this team the way they see fit.

Having the Jones family pretty much running this team top to bottom is a formula for failure year in year out!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Garrett came off much better than I thought.

He still doesn’t do much of anything, and he just yells meaningless things:

- All we do is fight
- We have to execute
- All right 21 good job

I actually like him slightly more now even though I still think he is an incredible waste of space.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Seeing JJ and Son at the coaches meetings and in the locker room pretty much verifies why no quality Coach will come here and why JG his coaches aren't given the freedom to coach this team the way they see fit.

Having the Jones family pretty much running this team top to bottom is a formula for failure year in year out!

They are the GM and VP of Football Ops. You think other team's GM's and execs do not sit in on such meetings? And if so how do you think they keep informed of the team?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

- All we do is fight
- We have to execute
- All right 21 good job

I actually like him slightly more now even though I still think he is an incredible waste of space.

Outside of Lee and other players talking there was just about zero scheme and X's and O's from any coach.

After watching that I understand why his players play hard.

Radiashun

Reaction score
Players seem to ignore Garrett for the most part. His clapping and repeating of rote motivational phrases is not inspiring. Coaches are toothless. One scene in particular had the RB coach pissed off and complaining about Zeke. Coach said he was "sick of this bull****" but then in the next scene he's practically giving Zeke a hug and a lollipop. Don't even get me started on the girl's blouse that is the WR coach! Defensive meetings before gametime had a conspicuous absence of Marinelli. Sean Lee ran the whole meeting and did all of the talking. I guess Rod is there to show funny Youtube videos to the defense. And every time we laid an egg here comes Jerry to the postgame meeting to talk about how good the boys are and gee-whiz, it wasn't their fault or some such crap.

My God...how did we win 9?
I'm finished with the first 3 episodes and you have described my thoughts EXACTLY. Can't wait to see episode with the aftermath of the Falcons game. I'm sure that's when the quality coaching kicks in.

birdwells1

Reaction score

- All we do is fight
- We have to execute
- All right 21 good job

So now he's just a waste of space.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Bill Parcells disagrees and so does the NFL HoF committee and the NFL executive council and the PFWA.

I like how you regurgitate the X years groupthink complaint though.

Bill Parcells was paid well by JJ.
Did he make the HoF for his work as a GM?
Twenty three years of no SBs is my evidence, you cant purchase coming up through the ranks to get experience. Our GM didnt do it, our football operations didn't do it nor did pur coach do it.

The Jones's want the thing that money cant buy and that credibility.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Jerry's speeches at the end of the game are embarrassing.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I enjoyed the series a lot. I agree with other posters that whatever you felt going into watching, it was not going to change that. If you hated JG, then you would find things to still hate about him, or Jerry or whoever, same with people that Like JG, like myself.

1. If Rich B is not a head coach in the near future, something about the NFL is just wrong. Dude was awesome from what I saw.
2. I was shocked at how intense JG is. I can see why the team plays hard every week
3. Sean Lee is destined to be a coach in this league.
4. Dez was all over the place.. I see why he was cut and i don't think it was all about his salary or play
5. The most telling part for me in regards to Dez was after the one on one battle at the end of practice. Everyone else was focused and listening to the coach speak and Dez was just walking in circles. After 8 years in the NFL, the man still can't control his emotions.
6. I really like the spunk that Lewis showed in that clip mentioned in 5. He lost the battle with Dez but he didn't back down and he collected himself when it was over.
7. Zeke looked uninterested in 2017 for the most part. I hope it was just the suspension battle.
8. Dooley was a tool and needed to be fired.
9. I like how the coaches use things out of the ordinary to drive home points they are making, i.e. the championship belt, the funny video's etc.
10. I still laugh at the video used to highlight "you play how you practice". I played football for nearly 14 years and i heard that every day during the season. So to hear it and then see how they illustrated that, just made me laugh hard.

All in all, a fun series to watch. I wish they would do this every year for the fans to really get to see and be a part of the team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bill Parcells was paid well by JJ.
Did he make the HoF for his work as a GM?
Twenty three years of no SBs is my evidence, you cant purchase coming up through the ranks to get experience. Our GM didnt do it, our football operations didn't do it nor did pur coach do it.

The Jones's want the thing that money cant buy and that credibility.

The PFWA voted him executive of the year. And since when is Bill Parcells a sycophant to whoever is paying him. That is just asinine.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Name another GM that kept his job after 23 years of not getting to the championship? In any sport?

Peanuts: I cannot believe Jerry and Steven sit in on coaches meetings.
Fuzzy: They are the GM and PP exec and all teams are like that.
Peanuts:They are not football people.
Fuzzy: They are NFL owners who are on top NFL committees. They have been voted top executives by PFWA. Bill Parcells has praised their acumen.
Peanuts: Parcells sold out.
Fuzzy: Parcells doesn't sell out. He says what he means.
Peanuts: 23 years!!!!!! FIRE HIM!!!!!

It seems every exchange about Jerry Jones devolves as such. And then people get mad at me when I call it group think.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Peanuts: I cannot believe Jerry and Steven sit in on coaches meetings.
Fuzzy: They are the GM and PP exec and all teams are like that.
Peanuts:They are not football people.
Fuzzy: They are NFL owners who are on top NFL committees. They have been voted top executives by PFWA. Bill Parcells has praised their acumen.
Peanuts: Parcells sold out.
Fuzzy: Parcells doesn't sell out. He says what he means.
Peanuts: 23 years!!!!!! FIRE HIM!!!!!

It seems every exchange about Jerry Jones devolves as such. And then people get mad at me when I call it group think.
I've decided on a new income stream:

Peanut_gallery_top_blcok_nw6d97d3.jpg