Signed by Cowboys Amari Cooper traded to Cowboys **merged**

Carter

Reaction score
WOW. Lots Of Negative Nancies. Cooper is a great addition to this offense. More weapons for Dak.

Another Receiver in steady decline that drops passes left and right. He has a higher drop rate than Dez and that says sth. Since we dont have a QB than can throw accurate most of the time this will be tough to watch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cooper-Fumble.gif

morasp

Reaction score
I like this trade. He's not much older than Ridley and better than any receiver we would draft in the first round next year.

Strengths Asked to become a dominant offensive threat and did so. Accelerates to top speed and stays there at the top of his routes. Consistently able to get defenders leaning before breaking them off in the other direction. Owned the post route. Play speed includes a second gear. Good feel for traffic on crossers and is able to adjust and avoid the big hit. Unafraid to work the middle and secures the tough catch in traffic. Sticks it and gets it out of breaks, creating instant separation. Not content to sit in zone as covered target. Works to make himself presentable to quarterback. Competes hard and makes big plays in big games. Worked outside and from slot and varies his route speed. Tracks the ball well and has burst to run under and finish for six. Caught absolutely everything during NFL Scouting combine workout.

Draft Projection
Round 1 (top 10)
Sources Tell Us
"Amari is super athletic, very fluid and highly skilled as a route runner and hands catcher. Because of his reserved demeanor and similar ability, I compared him to Marvin Harrison during the season." -- Former NFL GM and current Reese's Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage
NFL Comparison
Marvin Harrison
Bottom Line
Won't dazzle with blazing speed or outrageous size, but is good in both categories. Complete receiver with game-changing ability to win downfield. Has the skill and twitch to be a consistent, high-volume target in the short and intermediate games with the ability to produce against any coverage. Cooper won't be able to run roughshod over NFL safeties like he did in college, but he should be able to help a passing game improve quickly.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/amari-cooper?id=2552487

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
This trade is awful.

Giving up a 1st round pick for a position that is a need, but not the most pressing need.

It's been proven that our wide receivers have been getting open. It's also been proven that our QB can't get them the ball.

Of all the other needs we have Jerry just gives away our 1st round pick.

I'll say it again. We need to fire Jason Garrett and then we need to find our future QB.

With this move it's now a certainty that those two things are not going to happen and I'm pissed about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This trade is awful.

Giving up a 1st round pick for a position that is a need, but not the most pressing need.

It's been proven that our wide receivers have been getting open. It's also been proven that our QB can't get them the ball.

Of all the other needs we have Jerry just gives away our 1st round pick.

I'll say it again. We need to fire Jason Garrett and then we need to find our future QB.

With this move it's now a certainty that those two things are not going to happen and I'm pissed about it.
The QB isn't nearly as bad as you suggest, but just for the sake of conversation wouldn't a better coach be able to get the most out of Prescott? Like we saw with the Rams.

John813

Reaction score
The QB isn't nearly as bad as you suggest, but just for the sake of conversation wouldn't a better coach be able to get the most out of Prescott? Like we saw with the Rams.

Hell, even a better QB coach could get more out of him.

Kellen may be a smart football dude, but it's not like Dak and Moore were identical QBs/have the same flaws/strengths. And add that it's not like Moore is some experienced coach.
Probably knows a lot, but I wonder if he can be on the same page with Dak/try to help him with any issues that appear during the game/long term things Dak needs to work on.

A clean house approach could work, with a more innovative HC.

Reactions: G2

CrownCowboy

Reaction score

I beg to differ on the QB. I never said he was horrible but he does not have the talent to be a franchise QB and it's been proven time and again. We need to find who that person going forward will be and that isn't ever easy.

As far as Jason Garrett is concerned I have advocated for his removal for going on five years now. I think the overwhelming consensus of the board is on the same page regarding him and what's going on there. I disagree, however, and do not think it pertains at all to Prescott.

A different coach cannot teach him how to be more accurate and have better field vision in my opinion. We have missed all kinds of opportunities down the field because he either can't see them or he cant get them the ball. These wide receivers are nothing special but they have been taking way too much of the blame. They have created opportunties down the field for us and haven't nearly been as bad as many on here have suggested.

As far as I am concerned I've seen enough from Dak. Although it was the first game of the year, my mind was made up on him after the Panther game. I was there live and his performance was pathetic. Nothing he has done since then has done anything to alter my view of his ability.

This team needs resources to find the QB of the future. We just gave away a big piece that could help us find that person. In regards to the Rams and Jared Goff I think it's an insult to Goff to compare his ability and talent level to Dak. I do agree in your insinuation that it's an insult to Sean McVay to compare him with Jason Garrett.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A different coach cannot teach him how to be more accurate and have better field vision in my opinion.

I respect your opinion, but this isn't really up for debate. Contrary to what many believe, accuracy can be improved. For example: Romo himself said that when he first started he wasn't very accurate or that great at throwing the ball. And that it took him time to develop. I'll add to that that he was afforded the benefit of playing as a back up for years prior to starting.

Let me be VERY clear here.
I'm not hating on Romo.
I'm not comparing Romo to Prescott.
I also wasn't comparing JG to McVay.
And, I wasn't comparing Goff to Prescott.

You assumed I was, but it was a very specific and factual example.

So I'll put it in a general manner so we don't go off course here. QB A and HC B and QB coach C. If you improved B and C, A could improve dramatically.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hell, even a better QB coach could get more out of him.

Kellen may be a smart football dude, but it's not like Dak and Moore were identical QBs/have the same flaws/strengths. And add that it's not like Moore is some experienced coach.
Probably knows a lot, but I wonder if he can be on the same page with Dak/try to help him with any issues that appear during the game/long term things Dak needs to work on.

A clean house approach could work, with a more innovative HC.
It took me longer to get to this point, I'll admit. I still think at the point when we know we're out of playoff contention - we make coaching moves immediately. There's a chance we may go to the postseason and that experience for young players is priceless.

Carson

Reaction score
Except now we are going to spend WAY more money. And the staff "assumes" our needs for next season's draft in 2019 mid season in 2018?

Those are my two negatives from the trade.

How we have the same group of receivers for next season. But last off-season we were happy and competent with them?

His cap hit. Has a pretty big cap hit and you must resign him.

But hey, we have 70 million in cap next season! Which is awesome! We are usually at negative 7 lmao

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those are my two negatives from the trade.

How we have the same group of receivers for next season. But last off-season we were happy and competent with them?

His cap hit. Has a pretty big cap hit and you must resign him.

But hey, we have 70 million in cap next season! Which is awesome! We are usually at negative 7 lmao
I'll add that we have no first round pick that could potentially land us another QB option. We've completely limited our options. Mid season is a high risk.
By the end of the season who knows what our biggest need will be. And I'm not comfortable giving away the farm to move in the draft.

John813

Reaction score
It took me longer to get to this point, I'll admit. I still think at the point when we know we're out of playoff contention - we make coaching moves immediately. There's a chance we may go to the postseason and that experience for young players is priceless.

Wouldn't shock me about firing people. Maybe make Richard intern?
Problem is the NFCE is weak, so unless we lose 5 straight we'll win/lose enough to where we have a shot at the division till week 14/15. Or, the team will actually be consistent on offense and viola, we make the playoffs.

Going 8-8 or worse wouldn't shock me. Nor would going 9/7+ and winning the East.
Team certainly can do it, which makes it frustrating at times.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
What kind of money are you paying this QB? Because after this circus trade we are stuck with him now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me about firing people. Maybe make Richard intern?
Problem is the NFCE is weak, so unless we lose 5 straight we'll win/lose enough to where we have a shot at the division till week 14/15. Or, the team will actually be consistent on offense and viola, we make the playoffs.

Going 8-8 or worse wouldn't shock me. Nor would going 9/7+ and winning the East.
Team certainly can do it, which makes it frustrating at times.
My brother is a Philly fan.. We were joking around saying that the division could be won by a 7-9 team, lol.

John813

Reaction score
What kind of money are you paying this QB? Because after this circus trade we are stuck with him now.

Yes and no.

2020 draft we can get another QB. I would hold off on signing him in the 2019 offseason, unless he and Cooper light up the league.

My brother is a Philly fan.. We were joking around saying that the division could be won by a 7-9 team, lol.

Like Seattle a handful of years ago. I'm not sold on the Commanders at all. Eagles seem to have come down to earth.
It wouldn't shock me lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If we are to keep Prescott at starter, you simply pay him what he is worth. In my opinion, he's somewhere between top 12-15 at this point. With some highs and lows.
I'm sorry, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Jag, Linehan or Moore are the answer on offense.

Sydla

Reaction score
If we are to keep Prescott at starter, you simply pay him what he is worth. In my opinion, he's somewhere between top 12-15 at this point. With some highs and lows.
I'm sorry, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Jag, Linehan or Moore are the answer on offense.

Top 12-15 pay is going to be like $17-20MM a year.

I think that would be absurd to pay Prescott that if his play continues like this. Coaching or not.