Twitter: Amazing reports on Dak Prescott's injury recovery

Little Jr

Reaction score
126225452_1623995347796393_4976932682297744722_o.jpg

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Great news! Dak is ahead of schedule and is working hard to fully recover.

If the Cowboys by some miracle are able to win the division and make the playoffs in January, plus if Dak is able to miraculously play on his ankle/leg, should the Cowboys play him?

:popcorn:

He’ll be back for the Super Bowl!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hope you're having a great weekend my friend. About to take my old dog on a drive since his hip dysplasia prohibits long walks now.
The weather is beautiful and he loves a good drive. Head out the window... drive by bark at some poor soul...
Gold! It makes us both happy.
Yeah cool.

Carry on.

So sorry about her hips.

My Golden I had got that. She would run and get home and crash for a couple of days.

Then want to go to the Dog Park again.

Heating pad in her bed helped some..

She passed in 2018 after 12 great years.

I had just gotten my new dog a Mastiff. Then I had my accident and I had to let the former owner take her back until I go back home from rehab.

I named her Dreama..dark grey and she is about 70 lbs. I have talked to her via video phone.

I was just approved to return home right before Xmas from rehab. Dreama will meet me at home then.

Lots of improvement coming for me. After 3 surgeries and extensive rehab for 16 months my life gets reset.

Home with my dog and covid flying around like the Wicked Witch of the West.

But I will not complain.

While you Air Fry your snacks I have to eat low calorie menus from the rehab.

Give that doggy a Milk Bone and glucosamine biscuit.

She will thank you.

:thumbup:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You tear ligaments in a high ankle sprain, so yes, there was ligament damage. Lol But no surgery for that damage which means it wasnt serious ligament damage and will heal on there own and with PT.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=134&contentid=504

"Severe injury can pull or tear these ligaments out of place. This creates an abnormal space between 1 or more of the bones. The ligaments are very strong and don't pull away or tear easily. Ankle dislocations often occur along with a break in 1 or more of the ankle bones. In some cases, an ankle dislocation can happen without a break in the ankle bones. In these cases, the ankle dislocation occurs along with a severe ankle sprain. A severe sprain is when the ligaments are torn.

When the talus is forcibly pushed out of the ankle joint it can cause the surrounding bones of the fibula and tibia to become broken. In the case of Prescott, it is not clear if he sustained a fracture of the tibia, fibula or both. Remember, this would be in addition to the supporting ligaments that are by default torn during the dislocation process.”

http://www.southfloridasportsmedicine.com/ankle-ligament-injuries.html

"Complete tears of the main ligament (ATFL-anterior talofibular ligament) are usually accompanied by more pain, difficulty weightbearing, swelling and discoloration to the outside of the ankle. These ligament injuries require immobilization to allow the ligament to heal primarily. In most cases a hard weightbearing cast or an ankle brace and a boot is all that is necessary. Patients can immediately weightbear as pain allows. The ankle brace should again be used in the nighttime while the patient sleeps and the boot should be used any time the patient weightbears. If it occurs on the right ankle, the boot can come off while the patient drives but the brace should remain on at all times. Immobilization may be necessary for four weeks. No anti-inflammatories should be used at any time. Physical therapy is usually begun once stability begins to take hold in the ankle and that could take 2-3 weeks. Physical therapy’s aim is to restore range of motion, strength and stability back to the ankle. Return to sports may take 4-6 weeks. These injuries are often accompanied by a mild stretch or partial tear to the secondary ligament on the outside of the ankle called the calcaneal fibular ligament (CFL). If present, similar protocol is needed. This partial ligament tear will heal in the same timeframe as the main ligament injury."

He will be fine.

Sorry, none of that info speaks definitely as to whether Dak tore ligaments or not.

In fact, there’s more than a few medical sources speaking to Dak’s injury which state ligament damage is more than likely to have occurred. This is a matter of basic anatomy and physiology not well-wishing.

“When an ankle dislocation occurs, the talus comes out from under the tibia to sit outside of the true ankle joint. It is possible for this to occur without a fracture, but this is usually not the case. When the ankle dislocates the ligaments by default are torn. If a patient has a simple ankle dislocation, with no fracture the patient can be treated with cast immobilization to allow the ankle to heal. However, this is clearly not the case in Prescott's situation.”

https://www.theinjurysource.com/post/dak-prescott

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Trained as a soldier for combat" describes half the posters here. It would also describe the brief period where some loser's service before he washed out of Basic in the first week.

You said you "trained as a Ranger" implying you had graduated from Ranger School. Did you graduate from Ranger School?

I flunked out of Ranger school...my parachute scared me. Yes.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sorry, none of that info speaks definitely as to whether Dak tore ligaments or not.

In fact, there’s more than a few medical sources speaking to Dak’s injury which state ligament damage is more than likely to have occurred.

“When an ankle dislocation occurs, the talus comes out from under the tibia to sit outside of the true ankle joint. It is possible for this to occur without a fracture, but this is usually not the case. When the ankle dislocates the ligaments by default are torn. If a patient has a simple ankle dislocation, with no fracture the patient can be treated with cast immobilization to allow the ankle to heal. However, this is clearly not the case in Prescott's situation.”

This makes sense.

I broke my knee cap playing HS football my Junior year. Tore ligament and cartilage and had it all fixed.

But it ended my athletic sport career.

I turned to golf and tennis and lettering both my Senior year.

Point being..you just do not know until time passes and you have to see.

I think the lasting effect for Dak will be he speeds up his reads and gets rid of the ball and stops fumbling in the pocket.

We shall see.

Little Jr

Reaction score

In fact, there’s more than a few medical sources speaking to Dak’s injury which state ligament damage is more than likely to have occurred.

Lol there was ligament damage. Im not sure what you read that I said that there wasnt ligament damage. What I posted said there was ligament damage. When you have a high ankle sprain you tear ligaments. When you have a injury like Dak there will be ligament damage. But the the recovery and healing from that isnt a issue. His 3 main concerns were, infection, blood vessels and nerve damage. The blood vessel and nerve damage was avoided with the immediate surgery and he got past the infection part.

Im assuming what the poster meant when he said there wasnt any ligament damage that there wasnt any significant damage outside the norm for this injury.

https://primetimesportstalk.com/202...ture, the ankle,in position were also damaged.

" Besides the fracture, the ankle also dislocated which means the tendons and ligaments that are supposed to hold the ankle in position were also damaged."

Like I said, in a high ankle sprain you tear ligaments so it makes sense with a dislocated and a compound fracture there will be damage. What also makes sense with a little research and reading is that its not a big issue and with time and PT everything will be fine.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The film shows otherwise. Those are not garbage stats. Jerry is dead wrong.
Funny! Haters only believe Jerry when he talks negativity about his quarterback. Anything else, they call him every 4 letter word in their tiny vocabulary. :laugh:
The recovery time on a broken ankle is 8 months. He wont be playing football until July.
o_O
Reports stated Dak suffered a compound right ankle fracture & dislocation.

lukin2006

Reaction score

Great news! Dak is ahead of schedule and is working hard to fully recover.

If the Cowboys by some miracle are able to win the division and make the playoffs in January, plus if Dak is able to miraculously play on his ankle/leg, should the Cowboys play him?

:popcorn:

If the doctors and his rehab team say yes, then yes...