Twitter: Amazing reports on Dak Prescott's injury recovery

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Great news! Dak is ahead of schedule and is working hard to fully recover.

If the Cowboys by some miracle are able to win the division and make the playoffs in January, plus if Dak is able to miraculously play on his ankle/leg, should the Cowboys play him?

:popcorn:

It's reported that Prescott is ahead of schedule in his rehab but he wasn't expected back until March or April and there is zero chance he would be ready to play in January ahead of schedule or not. He's not going to cut the rehab time in half.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
But the doctor who did the surgery already reported that there WAS no ligament damage. Ankle ligaments are among the most elastic in the body.. They have to be because of what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Again, people continuing to cheerlead for the worst case scenario with regard to Dak's injury baffle me. Even if you don't like the guy how classless do you have to be to want him to taken down by an injury.. I'm glad I don't know any of you people personally. I have no use for that kind of idiot in my life.

What a bizarre post.

By "no damage" he meant they didn't need surgical repair. You cannot dislocated an ankle without sustaining ligament damage as the ligaments need to be substantially stretched for a dislocation to happen.

cern

Reaction score
But the doctor who did the surgery already reported that there WAS no ligament damage. Ankle ligaments are among the most elastic in the body.. They have to be because of what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Again, people continuing to cheerlead for the worst case scenario with regard to Dak's injury baffle me. Even if you don't like the guy how classless do you have to be to want him to taken down by an injury.. I'm glad I don't know any of you people personally. I have no use for that kind of idiot in my life.
if he's able to run and play by july, i would consider that a best case scenario.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What a bizarre post.

By "no damage" he meant they didn't need surgical repair. You cannot dislocated an ankle without sustaining ligament damage as the ligaments need to be substantially stretched for a dislocation to happen.

Bizarre is putting it nicely.

I asked politely because I wanted to see if he could source. I suspect he’ll ignore the subject moving forward.

The dude straight up makes it up as he goes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
interesting choice. the 7.62 designed for the scar system is almost identical to the .308. there are plenty of those around. personally, i'd choose the 5.56mm/ lighter recoil and the ability to carry more ammo. but that's just me. i have no experience with either.

The 5.56mm is what we used for a skirmish...when we were a little safer.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And it was the DVD where the Ranger's mission is to capture Yogi Bear and recover the Pic-i-nic basket.

tenor.gif

Hey! Watch it now! I did not capture anyone, I had other missions, however, being highly trained as a soldier...not even I could capture Yogi. Yogi is one bad smart bear. You try and capture him sometime, bet you can't either! lol. Besides, those DVD's were all the Army could afford when I was in.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean I don’t see anything wrong with his posts what’s wrong with them? We all like Dak man he’s a true professional.

Dak is a true professional athlete and he will eventually get healthy enough to play again.

What I was referring to was the OP crazy idea of playing Dak if the Boyz make the playoffs(lmao). It's bizarre for someone to even think like that with the owwy that Dak has. It's must be some fascination for Dak. lol

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Well , dak must've heard in rehab ,
Jerrah says his stats are all from garbage time .

& he isnt wrong .

Before the injury, he threw 4 TDs in the first half of games, and 5 in the 2nd half. He also amped it up in volume and yards in the 2nd half of every game in attempt to score because the defense was trash.

The “garbage time” chanters have no idea what they’re talking about. If anything, Dak doesn’t perform well enough when the game is close.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Army Ranger? More like an Army punk! All mouth, Jack!!!

Punk? That's it? Thanks hound dog , I've been called worse than that at times. lol.

I can't think if anyone has said to me, "Hey, Jack...Jack...! That's not my name.

Hmmm, Jack rhymes with Dak. Let Dak sleep for a minute or three.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Where did you read/hear that (in bold)?

The kind of ankle fracture Dak had almost always end in torn ligaments by default (the ankle would not otherwise rotate in that grotesque degree).
Exactly.

I want a link.

No information about anything will be printed.

There are HIPPA laws that forbid disclosure of medical information.

This is called clearly fake news.

The only clear statement I heard was no infections and watching.

Which is great but its still early. Very early.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hey! Watch it now! I did not capture anyone, I had other missions, however, being highly trained as a soldier...not even I could capture Yogi. Yogi is one bad smart bear. You try and capture him sometime, bet you can't either! lol. Besides, those DVD's were all the Army could afford when I was in.
You're awesome.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly.

I want a link.

No information about anything will be printed.

There are HIPPA laws that forbid disclosure of medical information.

This is called clearly fake news.

The only clear statement I heard was no infections and watching.

Which is great but its still early. Very early.
Hope you're having a great weekend my friend. About to take my old dog on a drive since his hip dysplasia prohibits long walks now.
The weather is beautiful and he loves a good drive. Head out the window... drive by bark at some poor soul...
Gold! It makes us both happy.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Where did you read/hear that (in bold)?

The kind of ankle fracture Dak had almost always end in torn ligaments by default (the ankle would not otherwise rotate in that grotesque degree).
You tear ligaments in a high ankle sprain, so yes, there was ligament damage. Lol But no surgery for that damage which means it wasnt serious ligament damage and will heal on there own and with PT.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?contenttypeid=134&contentid=504

"Severe injury can pull or tear these ligaments out of place. This creates an abnormal space between 1 or more of the bones. The ligaments are very strong and don't pull away or tear easily. Ankle dislocations often occur along with a break in 1 or more of the ankle bones. In some cases, an ankle dislocation can happen without a break in the ankle bones. In these cases, the ankle dislocation occurs along with a severe ankle sprain. A severe sprain is when the ligaments are torn."

http://www.southfloridasportsmedicine.com/ankle-ligament-injuries.html

"Complete tears of the main ligament (ATFL-anterior talofibular ligament) are usually accompanied by more pain, difficulty weightbearing, swelling and discoloration to the outside of the ankle. These ligament injuries require immobilization to allow the ligament to heal primarily. In most cases a hard weightbearing cast or an ankle brace and a boot is all that is necessary. Patients can immediately weightbear as pain allows. The ankle brace should again be used in the nighttime while the patient sleeps and the boot should be used any time the patient weightbears. If it occurs on the right ankle, the boot can come off while the patient drives but the brace should remain on at all times. Immobilization may be necessary for four weeks. No anti-inflammatories should be used at any time. Physical therapy is usually begun once stability begins to take hold in the ankle and that could take 2-3 weeks. Physical therapy’s aim is to restore range of motion, strength and stability back to the ankle. Return to sports may take 4-6 weeks. These injuries are often accompanied by a mild stretch or partial tear to the secondary ligament on the outside of the ankle called the calcaneal fibular ligament (CFL). If present, similar protocol is needed. This partial ligament tear will heal in the same timeframe as the main ligament injury."

He will be fine.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Trained as a soldier for combat.

"Trained as a soldier for combat" describes half the posters here. It would also describe the brief period where some loser's service before he washed out of Basic in the first week.

You said you "trained as a Ranger" implying you had graduated from Ranger School. Did you graduate from Ranger School?