Twitter: Amazing reports on Dak Prescott's injury recovery

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's been widely reported as 4-6 months stop making up 8 months and learning how to walk. That's an unsubstantiated exaggeration.

8 months before playing football again.
12 weeks with a cast.

5 months of healing, learning to walk, and then rehab for football.

July.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why do people keep posting this? There is no bone in your body that takes 8 months to heal.

The time off your feet is 4-6 weeks while the bone heals. As soon as the bone heals 6 weeks of PT is the average.. We know that Dak had pins put in to aid in proper alignment during healing. This will also speed his healing. If all goes well he will be able to begin PT in early-December. Seeing as how he is a finely tuned athlete and not some fat tub o lard middle aged couch potato I would wager his recovery would be on the low end of the spectrum as opposed longer.. Dak will probably be cleared to begin a full workload on that thing by the end of January. People wishing for it to be longer are going to be disappointed.

Learn how to walk again? Really? You think 6 weeks in a cast makes you forget how to walk? Where do you people come up with this stuff? He's probably already in a walking boot. I mean it HAS been 5 weeks..

12 weeks with a cast.

Rehab. Learn to walk.

5 months.

Football in July.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
8 months

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/footadvice.com/broken-ankle-sideline-you-from-football/amp/

Kaiser

Reaction score
He bought a DVD.

And it was the DVD where the Ranger's mission is to capture Yogi Bear and recover the Pic-i-nic basket.

tenor.gif

cern

Reaction score
Does anybody think this is bogus reporting from the team?

What part of 4-6 months do people not understand?

That is not based on somebody in the PR dept. It's based on bone healing time and months of therapy coming.

Nobody can say. Every person is different. It's also based on how much pain Dak can stand to get back.

Pain pills will be Daks best friends for the next 6 months.

I think some here also need to start taking pain pills now before the stories start getting too painful to read.

I take these daily for my back surgery. Highly recommended Dak.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03aPVpWIHxeicNlGEItug9arjzaYg:1605985250255&source=hp&ei=4mO5X6--DImGtQWPgai4CQ&q=t3+pain+reliever&oq=&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAAyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECdQAFgAYMc0aAFwAHgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

:huh:
Pain pills for 6 months? I broke both bones in my ankle 4 years ago. Took pain meds for a week after surgery and didn't need them anymore. I doubt dak still takes them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Great news! Dak is ahead of schedule and is working hard to fully recover.

If the Cowboys by some miracle are able to win the division and make the playoffs in January, plus if Dak is able to miraculously play on his ankle/leg, should the Cowboys play him?

:popcorn:

As long as he doesnt come back this year, that sounds great.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why do people keep posting this? There is no bone in your body that takes 8 months to heal.

The time off your feet is 4-6 weeks while the bone heals. As soon as the bone heals 6 weeks of PT is the average.. We know that Dak had pins put in to aid in proper alignment during healing. This will also speed his healing. If all goes well he will be able to begin PT in early-December. Seeing as how he is a finely tuned athlete and not some fat tub o lard middle aged couch potato I would wager his recovery would be on the low end of the spectrum as opposed longer.. Dak will probably be cleared to begin a full workload on that thing by the end of January. People wishing for it to be longer are going to be disappointed.

Learn how to walk again? Really? You think 6 weeks in a cast makes you forget how to walk? Where do you people come up with this stuff? He's probably already in a walking boot. I mean it HAS been 5 weeks..

It isn't the break. It is the ligament damage associated with the dislocation

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Pain pills for 6 months? I broke both bones in my ankle 4 years ago. Took pain meds for a week after surgery and didn't need them anymore. I doubt dak still takes them.
understand.

Everybody is different.

You can add as much romance or bromance to your version of what is happening.

I broke 2 vertabre a year ago and had 3 operations and been in a rehab recovering learning to walk.

I take T3s for pain management 1-2 times a day to go to rehab and learning to walk again. This has been going on for 16 months.

I finally have recovered to walk with a walker and will be discharged right before Xmas.

But becuz of nerve damage I will forever be on some form of pain meds.

Dak does not hopefully have anything to worry about and I wish him well.

I just know first hand we do not live in a romance novel world.

Brett Farve got addicted to pain pills because of his injuries.

:starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You talk pretty tough behind a computer screen. If you saw me, I bet you wouldn't say it in person.
Come clean. You have to be a woman. If you are, I can understand your posts better, however, if you are a man, I have never in my life seen a man so in love with another man like you are for your fantasy guy, THE DAK.

No disrespect, but, I would not want to see you in person. Not to chit you, but, I was trained as a Army Ranger so you would not intimidate me at all. Carry on, honey bunch...
bws8kNa.gif

cern

Reaction score
understand.

Everybody is different.

You can add as much romance or bromance to your version of what is happening.

I broke 2 vertabre a year ago and had 3 operations and been in a rehab recovering learning to walk.

I take T3s for pain management 1-2 times a day to go to rehab and learning to walk again. This has been going on for 16 months.

I finally have recovered to walk with a walker and will be discharged right before Xmas.

But becuz of nerve damage I will forever be on some form of pain meds.

Dak does not hopefully have anything to worry about and I wish him well.

I just know first hand we do not live in a romance novel world.

Brett Farve got addicted to pain pills because of his injuries.

:starspin:
Vertebrae involve nerve endings so the need for pain meds is greater. Broken bones and stretched ligaments don't hurt much if you don't put pressure on them. Sorry about your back.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It isn't the break. It is the ligament damage associated with the dislocation

But the doctor who did the surgery already reported that there WAS no ligament damage. Ankle ligaments are among the most elastic in the body.. They have to be because of what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Again, people continuing to cheerlead for the worst case scenario with regard to Dak's injury baffle me. Even if you don't like the guy how classless do you have to be to want him to taken down by an injury.. I'm glad I don't know any of you people personally. I have no use for that kind of idiot in my life.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Vertebrae involve nerve endings so the need for pain meds is greater. Broken bones and stretched ligaments don't hurt much if you don't put pressure on them. Sorry about your back.
Otay.

We good.

Where is that pain pill?

Nurse..nurse..

Ohhhhh...nurseeeee.

There is an old guy in my wing and he stays in a wheelchair.

At 7am each morning and 7pm each night..

he is a at the nursing station and saying as loud as he can say it..

"Nurse..nurse..hello..hello?"

Sounds like a damned parrot.

I know he does not care about how strange he looks saying this everyday.

Or that the rest off us hear him already.

Hello..hello.

She always comes with his pills. They train out other.

Polly want a pain pill..polly need a pain pill.

I think his pain pills are better than mine. He goes right to sleep.

Me? I am back reading and typing on Cowboyzone.

:oops:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But the doctor who did the surgery already reported that there WAS no ligament damage. Ankle ligaments are among the most elastic in the body.. They have to be because of what they are asked to do on a daily basis. Again, people continuing to cheerlead for the worst case scenario with regard to Dak's injury baffle me. Even if you don't like the guy how classless do you have to be to want him to taken down by an injury.. I'm glad I don't know any of you people personally. I have no use for that kind of idiot in my life.
I'm quite likable.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Where did you read/hear that (in bold)?

The kind of ankle fracture Dak had almost always end in torn ligaments by default (the ankle would not otherwise rotate in that grotesque degree).