American Idol season 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3943516 said:
I love Hailey. I would buy her album in a heart beat. But if you vote based on the performances, of the ones that are left, she is the most inconsistent.

She (and all of the others for that matter but Hailey to a greater extent due to her genre) will need a lot of mentoring. Her voice is indeed powerful but she needs to learn to control it. Jacob has a powerful voice as well, but he can't control it consistently.

I will say she is a little inconsistent but she takes risks week to week and I admire her for that.

I'm sure she has an ace in the hole and when she let's it loose this competition will be over because when she's confident she is as jaw dropping as a Dez Bryant Touchdown.

I'm sure she's got another Benny and the jets type performance up her sleeve.

kristie

Reaction score
CATCH17;3943501 said:
What did I tell y'all about Haley?!

Even when the judges wanted to sleep on her I knew she was the best because she's got that POWER and nobody else on this show can put that umph into it like she can.

I'm loving it.

:toast2:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CATCH17;3943526 said:
I will say she is a little inconsistent but she takes risks week to week and I admire her for that.

I'm sure she has an ace in the hole and when she let's it loose this competition will be over because when she's confident she is as jaw dropping as a Dez Bryant Touchdown.

I'm sure she's got another Benny and the jets type performance up her sleeve.

I wouldn't be disappointed in her winning. I just think that if it were based on how they performed week in and week out, she wouldn't. But like I said, she is a fantastic signer and I am looking forward to hearing more from her. Pretty easy to look at as well. :D

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
In order of how well they did tonight IMO...

Lauren

Scotty

James

Hailey

I really like Hailey but she keeps picking songs that tend to give her a flat performance. While her second song was much better than the first one, it wasn't that hard to beat it.

Lauren and Scotty are ready for the big time right now. Both very polished.

James is going to be a standout Rocker, but I doubt he will have great longevity.

Hailey is going to have a nice career as well and if she is anywhere near me, I will go and see her.

The one that goes this week I think is Hailey. She is just way too inconsistent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alright watching it recorded.

Haleys first song was good but she got hated on for the song choice.

I fully expect her to jam out on this next one.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;3948010 said:
Alright watching it recorded.

Haleys first song was good but she got hated on for the song choice.

I fully expect her to jam out on this next one.

The second song was much better, except I hated the cheesy thing that Gaga told her to do. It sounded so dumb in the song.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy I see that you have posted but I will not read/respond until I watch the rest of the show and Hailey comes back strong on her next performance.

Listening to Lauren right now...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3948014 said:
The second song was much better, except I hated the cheesy thing that Gaga told her to do. It sounded so dumb in the song.

The second Song was really good but I think the judges just felt bad and overrated it.

She still has the most powerful voice in this comp but tonight she didn't wow me.

Nobody has yet tonight though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Even though I'm a little down on Hailey when I hear her voice next to those other 4 at the end of the show I still feel like she sounds better than the others.

I know they were on James and Scottys jock tonight but I thought the females were better.

kristie

Reaction score
i'm just so mad at the judges right now. the way they treated haley was so uncalled for. steven tyler was pretty much the only one who gave her praise. besides i thought both songs she did were amazing. in fact the second one almost had me in tears.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Haley is so far ahead of the rest of the contestants it's not even funny. She is in a league of her own. The rest shouldn't even be on the same stage.

That Michael Jackson song is in the top 5 best Idol performances of all time.

kristie

Reaction score
theogt;3948104 said:
Haley is so far ahead of the rest of the contestants it's not even funny. She is in a league of her own. The rest shouldn't even be on the same stage.

That Michael Jackson song is in the top 5 best Idol performances of all time.

well said.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I am going to laugh my butt off when Hailey goes home tomorrow. A league of her own is right.:laugh2:

She is awful.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
blindzebra;3948113 said:
I am going to laugh my butt off when Hailey goes home tomorrow. A league of her own is right.:laugh2:

She is awful.
deafzebra would be more apt. Though I suppose both are fitting. What's the other missing description? Deaf, blind, and ????

blindzebra

Reaction score
theogt;3948115 said:
deafzebra would be more apt. Though I suppose both are fitting. What's the other missing description? Deaf, blind, and ????

Thanks that is a compliment coming from the poster that is wrong about pretty much everything they post.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3948007 said:
In order of how well they did tonight IMO...

Lauren

Scotty

James

Hailey

I really like Hailey but she keeps picking songs that tend to give her a flat performance. While her second song was much better than the first one, it wasn't that hard to beat it.

Lauren and Scotty are ready for the big time right now. Both very polished.

James is going to be a standout Rocker, but I doubt he will have great longevity.

Hailey is going to have a nice career as well and if she is anywhere near me, I will go and see her.

The one that goes this week I think is Hailey. She is just way too inconsistent.

In our living room, Lauren and James tied for 1st, Scotty was 3rd, and Haley, 4th.

IMO, James has the feel of a guy who will get swept up in his new found fame and make some very poor personal decisions and choices.

How much better Lauren would be had she waited another 2 or 3 years? She's very young and it shows. Quite likeable, though. (Obviously she isn't doing bad now, having made the final four.)

Scotty's goofiness makes him difficult to watch at our house. Pat Boone X Jerry Reed? Very nice voice and he seems like a nice kid.

Haley? Not a big fan. She has the most sophisticated voice in the group, but still seems to be missing something (consistency, but also instincts re: song choices? charisma / likeability? a sense of what her audience wants? sheer vocal range?). At our house we tire of her repetitive use of the arm-extended-palm-up gesture.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3948247 said:
In our living room, Lauren and James tied for 1st, Scotty was 3rd, and Haley, 4th.

IMO, James has the feel of a guy who will get swept up in his new found fame and make some very poor personal decisions and choices.

How much better Lauren would be had she waited another 2 or 3 years? She's very young and it shows. Quite likeable, though. (Obviously she isn't doing bad now, having made the final four.)

Scotty's goofiness makes him difficult to watch at our house. Pat Boone X Jerry Reed? Very nice voice and he seems like a nice kid.

Haley? Not a big fan. She has the most sophisticated voice in the group, but still seems to be missing something (consistency, but also instincts re: song choices? charisma / likeability? a sense of what her audience wants? sheer vocal range?). At our house we tire of her repetitive use of the arm-extended-palm-up gesture.

Im guessing you guys are really into country music at your crib.