American Idol season 10

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I don't understand the Haley love you guys are talking. She was not good last night and Randy was right on with his criticism. She can be great like when she did Adele but she can be flat out horrible too. Lauren is a much better singer than she is.

James is getting annoying as hell and I don't understand all the praise he gets from the judges. He was not very good last night and his screams are ridiculous.

Scotty just looks like a doofus up there. He really needs to get some stage presence.

scotty-mccreery-033011b.jpg
mad_magazine_guy_-_alfred_e_bushmid.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3948258 said:
Actually, no. Not at all.

hmmm. I can actually agree with your rankings even though I felt Hailey still sounded better than at least 1 of those contestants last night.

Lauren probably did do the best though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3948261 said:
Scotty just looks like a doofus up there. He really needs to get some stage presence.

scotty-mccreery-033011b.jpg
mad_magazine_guy_-_alfred_e_bushmid.gif

Hhaha man I thought of this exact picture yesterday when looking at Scotty but couldn't figure out where to find this picture.

That is hilarious you thought of it too.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
CATCH17;3948276 said:
Hhaha man I thought of this exact picture yesterday when looking at Scotty but couldn't figure out where to find this picture.

That is hilarious you thought of it too.

Yeah, we made the same connection several weeks ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Other than Pia, these 4 contestants have stood out to me. So I am fine with this contest from here on out. I believe Scotty will win it all. I believe James should though.

IMO from last night these were the best performances in order.

1. Haley...I Who Have Nothing. Great vocals and power in a song that is really a great one to sing.

2. Scotty...Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning. Man alive, was that ever a brilliant song choice given the execution of Bin Laden. He nailed it too.

3. James...Don't Stop Believin'. Tony Romo would be proud.

4. James...Love Potion #9. I liked his version of that song.

5. Lauren...Anyway. Wish she had pushed the last note, but it was flawless in every other way.

6. Lauren...Trouble. She had fun. I liked it. I think she is gone though.

7. Haley...Earth Song. 2nd time Haley has picked songs that people do not know by heart and the judges were brutal to her. Memo to all future Idol contestants, don't do unfamiliar songs because you'll get downgraded a bit for it. I don't even like Lady Gaga, but the song Haley did last week of hers was a good performance. This was a good performance. Will it be good enough?

8. Scotty...Young Blood. Too hokey, but he has the country vote and a lot of young females too. Gonna be hard to beat him down the stretch, especially if as I suspect Lauren is gone and he gets the entire country vote.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AI has a history of not having the best contestant win it all, so at this point it doesn't really matter.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Anjinsan;3949013 said:
I don't understand it.
There's a history of this with AI. Americans aren't the best judge of singing talent. Taylor Hicks?