American Idol season 10

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3949392 said:
You're right. Most of James' fans are so ticked right now they are done with this season. So I doubt Hailey gets many of those votes, at least enough to matter.
Given the growing viewership and voting each week, I think it's pretty safe to say that people don't stop voting when their favorite gets voted off. I can't imagine too many people that vote for James are going to turn to Scotty, who is a polar opposite.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
When Pia gets voted off before Stefano and Jacob, we should have all known this would be a crazy season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Muhast;3949413 said:
When Pia gets voted off before Stefano and Jacob, we should have all known this would be a crazy season.
True, you should never truly be surprised by American Idol votes.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
theogt;3949401 said:
Given the growing viewership and voting each week, I think it's pretty safe to say that people don't stop voting when their favorite gets voted off. I can't imagine too many people that vote for James are going to turn to Scotty, who is a polar opposite.

There are alot of the James fans (on the forums) who are dead set against Scotty...But there are a equal number who say they will spread their vote around . Many say they will vote for Scotty. The diehards say they will quit voting. If you look at the increase in voting numbers, many come from the faithful burning blisters on their fingers trying to keep there favorites on (not new voters)
The percentages on the polls have not varied that much when it comes to Scotty. It showed James and Haley both well behind Scotty.

I don't know anything as fact Theogt---just guessing based on what I have been reading...Which is kinda of like trying to increase your football intelligence by reading the fanzone:)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone told me they read somewhere that the two of the three left lean towards country ( I know scotty does...don't know which girl does) and that those voting for the country might split their vote and wind up helping the other girl in the competition. That with the possibility that those that really liked James will not care for country might vote for the one person that is not country. But chances are if you liked James because of metal you won't care for any remaining as I doubt any are of the metal type.

Who knows...just will be glad when it is over.

MFWitt63

Reaction score
now that the only two guys on the show that were unique and were also musicians (could do something other than just sing karyoke) are gone, who cares what happens next...bring on the next taylor swift..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This has been an interesting season imho.

I liked Scotty a lot early and still do but wouldn't peg him as a winner. He'll sell plenty of records either way but he isn't winner worthy. He is certainly not a male equivalent to Carrie who was ~6 years older and just more mature musically.

I hated Haley early on and my 10 year old daughter loved her. The kiddo was right. she has really developed and given the right material she shines without being hokey, boring or over the top.

Lauren imho just lacks talent. She is not a quality female country singer imho. she has a little twang, a little soul and a little swagger. but nothing special in any of those areas imho.

I'd say it is a Haley/Scotty final. No telling who wins because if you take Scotty away from well known county songs he could collapse. But he certainly has an audience so if he does well and wins over the undecided he'll take it easily.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3949520 said:
Someone told me they read somewhere that the two of the three left lean towards country ( I know scotty does...don't know which girl does) and that those voting for the country might split their vote and wind up helping the other girl in the competition. That with the possibility that those that really liked James will not care for country might vote for the one person that is not country. But chances are if you liked James because of metal you won't care for any remaining as I doubt any are of the metal type.

Who knows...just will be glad when it is over.
Yes, the other two are country. So if James' rock votes are going anywhere, they're going "anywhere but country". Plus, Haley is ... let's say ... easy on the eyes, so that will help sway the rock votes to her side.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
theogt;3949686 said:
Yes, the other two are country. So if James' rock votes are going anywhere, they're going "anywhere but country". Plus, Haley is ... let's say ... easy on the eyes, so that will help sway the rock votes to her side.

Haley singing "Rolling in the Deep" was key.
She drew in tons of the younger crowd then.
I don't think she has been in any danger at all since then.

My daughters both like country music quite a lot but now they love Haley and think the other two are pretenders. This is coming from one kid with Carrie Underwood posters on the wall and the other with The Script. That was also the first concerts they saw respectively....

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Judges' song choices are out.

Scotty-“She Believes In Me” by Kenny Rogers

Lauren-“I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack

Haley-“You Ought to Know” by Alanis Morissette

----
I love Alanis. I Hope Haley does well with it.
I like Lauren's song choice. But, she needs to hold those notes
instead of being afraid and cutting them short.
Not familiar with Scotty's choice.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3950138 said:

----

Don't like the song choice for Scotty but Love the one for Lauren. She should slay it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

----

Haleys will be interesting.

There is some better stuff by Alanis she could've done IMO.

Uninvited jumps out as one.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I still hate the premise of the show where you have "Rod Stewart night" "Mo-town night" "aretha franklin night" etc.

These artists will NEVER sing that type of song when they are famous. Why the heck should their future depend on if they can hit the notes of a song style they will never sing?

To me, they should change this to "Acoustic night" "Acapella night" things like that, that way the artist sings music they may actually sing one day.

Every week should be letting the artist sing the type of song they want to perform, so you hear them in their element.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

----
Haley got the best song for her, but all three are decent choices.

kristie

Reaction score

----

i think haley is going to slay that song.:D