American Idol season 10

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Haley absolutely butchered that Alanis song. It was her worst performance of the season. It wasn't remotely close. The Zep cover was pretty good but I couldn't get past how bad the Alanis song was. If it was me, she would be gone. However, I think it will probably be Lauren.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3953801 said:
Haley absolutely butchered that Alanis song. It was her worst performance of the season. It wasn't remotely close. The Zep cover was pretty good but I couldn't get past how bad the Alanis song was. If it was me, she would be gone. However, I think it will probably be Lauren.

You can't deny the chorus on that Alanis song but the inbetween was terrible but that song is all about the chorus anyways.

The judges screwed her on Alanis songs imo.

Lauren had the easiest songs to sing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Haley had the higher degree of difficulty this week by about 1000 percent.

Her Led Zep cover was awesome.. even with the Beyonce like fall. The Alanis was good in the chorus but just plain bad in the speed verse sections. Rhiannon is just a song no one but Stevie sings and was a brutal challenge.

Lauren sang bush league songs.

Scotty sang safe choices but with his standard quality delivery.

I believe it's Scotty and Haley in the finals.
I think Haley will perform better but Scotty ultimately prevails.

Lauren to me should have been gone weeks ago. I don't think she has ever impressed me with anything but fashion sense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jterrell;3953842 said:
Haley had the higher degree of difficulty this week by about 1000 percent.

Her Led Zep cover was awesome.. even with the Beyonce like fall. The Alanis was good in the chorus but just plain bad in the speed verse sections. Rhiannon is just a song no one but Stevie sings and was a brutal challenge.

Lauren sang bush league songs.

Scotty sang safe choices but with his standard quality delivery.

I believe it's Scotty and Haley in the finals.
I think Haley will perform better but Scotty ultimately prevails.

Lauren to me should have been gone weeks ago. I don't think she has ever impressed me with anything but fashion sense.

Great post. Would read again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3953635 said:
For me, it was just my opinion. I have been in the music industry for many years and the one thing I know, is my opinion is just that, an opinion.

With that said, I just looked at the dial idol site and it has Scotty in a landslide with Lauren in second.

http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

If you check that site they show Haley last the last 3 or 4 weeks and she hasn't went home yet.

Makes me wonder about validity of the site data.

All that said, Haley failed miserably with Alanis and actually fell so she certainly could go home.

I think Scotty wins the show easily but Lauren and Haley will be a battle imho. There will be a country backlash that means Haley almost by default get the anti-country vote. It won't win her the show but may get her in the Finals.

kristie

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3953801 said:

i think so too because i think she missed a few notes in her first song & forget a line in her second song. her third song was just safe & boring.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What does J Lo and Randy have against her?

Goosebumps really Jennifer? Randy so wanted to say Scotty had the best performance but said Lauren just to hopefully kick Hailey from the finals.

kristie

Reaction score
CATCH17;3954166 said:
What does J Lo and Randy have against her?

Goosebumps really Jennifer? Randy so wanted to say Scotty had the best performance but said Lauren just to hopefully kick Hailey from the finals.

i have no idea. i just think the way they are with haley is just stupid. i mean, the girl probably takes the biggest risks, song-wise, & they just don't give her any credit. i hope randy & jennifer are gone next season because i am really sick of them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
kristie;3954180 said:
i have no idea. i just think the way they are with haley is just stupid. i mean, the girl probably takes the biggest risks, song-wise, & they just don't give her any credit. i hope randy & jennifer are gone next season because i am really sick of them.

I kinda like both of them and find them entertaining but I just don't get the Hailey hate at all.

I knew Randy's answer on who did the best last night was 100% strategic because he wanted like no other to say Scotty but he knows Scottys got this thing wrapped up.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
CATCH17;3954208 said:
I kinda like both of them and find them entertaining but I just don't get the Hailey hate at all.

I knew Randy's answer on who did the best last night was 100% strategic because he wanted like no other to say Scotty but he knows Scottys got this thing wrapped up.

I kinda get that feeling as well. It was the same with James. They pumped him up every chance they got. Most of the time it was undeserved.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
CATCH17;3954208 said:

I think it has to do with the fact that some think Haley has an attitude problem.

I remember quite a few people who commented on Haley smirking when she was in the bottom 3 and was safe and someone else went home, while everybody else cried and surrounded the person voted off.

May have something to do with that, if not Im not really sure. Maybe she is a B-word off stage and we just cant see it on stage

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
The show is a joke, and the fix is in. The last two winners were lame. James being kicked off cemented it for me, ********.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
2233boys;3954284 said:
The show is a joke, and the fix is in. The last two winners were lame. James being kicked off cemented it for me, ********.
James was a terrible singer, constantly off pitch and too high. Every single song sounded exactly the same despite what genre it was from. His voice was like fingers on a chalkboard. I can't believe he lasted that long.

Just my opinion.

Stautner

Reaction score
Hate to admit it, but wife got me hooked this year.

The problem each week is that all 3 have a niche that fits them , and when they are singing what fits them they are all very good.

I am less enamored with Lauren because she sounds too generic - just the standard female country singer of the time. Her voice is very good, and the country/pop style suits her, but there is nothing that feels unique about her.

Hailey is the least consistent of the 3, but when you put her in her element - bluesy/jazzy kind of stuff - she's incredible. I would love her to record a full versin of House of the Rising Sun. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Scotty has generally been able to stay closer to the style that suits him, although he has stepped out and done well. He does have a bit of a Josh Turner kind of sound, but unlike Lauren his sound is still different from the bulk of today's country music.

I personally would love Hailey to win and carve out a spot doing bluesy kind of stuff, but I don't really know if that style will sell to the public these days these days. My guess is that Scotty will win.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Muhast;3954272 said:
I think it has to do with the fact that some think Haley has an attitude problem.

I remember quite a few people who commented on Haley smirking when she was in the bottom 3 and was safe and someone else went home, while everybody else cried and surrounded the person voted off.

May have something to do with that, if not Im not really sure. Maybe she is a B-word off stage and we just cant see it on stage

She kinda bucked back at the judges for saying she was terrible. I like a girl like that.

You can tell she is a sweetie but shell bite back if you do her wrong. That's a good quality to me.

I actually voted last night too. Can't believe it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well there goes your the best singer on the show and I guess I'll watch the finale and I'm done with this show.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
That's the way I figured it would happen.

Scotty waqlks away with the title next week.