American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
the san fran auditions were good, but no one stood out to me IMO. not even the last person they showed. what do you guys think?

kristie

Reaction score
any thoughts about the group performances on last night's episode?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I watched for the first time last night. I think the new judges are going to be just fine. I like three judges better than four and I am glad Paula and Ellen in particular are gone. I've seen a few clips this season but I did not want to watch the auditions without Simon's acerbic wit. That was half the fun of those shows.

It seems Steven Tyler's sense of humor is going to more than make up for Simon's departure and may save the show for a few seasons.

I rarely like group night. Too much drama and I really despise the attempts at choreography. It is a singing competition and I want to hear voices, not see how how they can dance in sync. I have already singled out the two drama queens of this show so far are the girl who wanted to quit and the guy with the white glasses. Both can sing, but both are over the top dramatic. Thankfully nowhere near the chick from Puerto Rico who drove me nuts.

No singer stood out to me and I still haven't seen a girl who is from here in Tucson, Brittany Mazur. There is a rumor running rampant here that she made the top 40, but she is not talking and no one knows for sure.

One thing I remain convinced of, the kids who move on to country music will be relevant longer than the kids who try other genres.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3849920 said:
It seems Steven Tyler's sense of humor is going to more than make up for Simon's departure and may save the show for a few seasons.
Just ruined my day.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
they should have kicked the 15 yr old kid that didn't know his lyrics. I know that he got screwed because his group kicked him late, but anyone else who forgets the lyrics immediately got the boot.

kristie

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3849973 said:
they should have kicked the 15 yr old kid that didn't know his lyrics. I know that he got screwed because his group kicked him late, but anyone else who forgets the lyrics immediately got the boot.

i think they may have kept him out of pity.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Imagine if they really did kick off ALL people who forgot lyrics in Hollywood rounds.

Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, and Jennifer Hudson would have got the boot. :eek:

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3849920 said:
I watched for the first time last night. I think the new judges are going to be just fine. I like three judges better than four and I am glad Paula and Ellen in particular are gone. I've seen a few clips this season but I did not want to watch the auditions without Simon's acerbic wit. That was half the fun of those shows.

I rarely like group night. Too much drama and I really despise the attempts at choreography. It is a singing competition and I want to hear voices, not see how how they can dance in sync. I have already singled out the two drama queens of this show so far are the girl who wanted to quit and the guy with the white glasses. Both can sing, but both are over the top dramatic. Thankfully nowhere near the chick from Puerto Rico who drove me nuts.

No singer stood out to me and I still haven't seen a girl who is from here in Tucson, Brittany Mazur. There is a rumor running rampant here that she made the top 40, but she is not talking and no one knows for sure.

One thing I remain convinced of, the kids who move on to country music will be relevant longer than the kids who try other genres.

i hate group night too. they really should do away with it.

i agree with you on the contestants who go country, hos, but as far as i'm concerned, they might not reach the level of success that carrie underwood has achieved. i mean, the woman is a superstar.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kristie;3850828 said:
i hate group night too. they really should do away with it.

i agree with you on the contestants who go country, hos, but as far as i'm concerned, they might not reach the level of success that carrie underwood has achieved. i mean, the woman is a superstar.
I doubt any of them will. Simon predicted that remember?

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3850860 said:
I doubt any of them will. Simon predicted that remember?

i sure do. i thought at the time that it was crazy that he did that, but i guess he knew something that we didn't.

ethiostar

Reaction score
kmp77;3833147 said:
That girl from Austin with the super nice booooo-tayyy! I think she was the one that was luvvydubby with her boyfriend. White dress....when the camera went to the rear view my jaw hit the floor.

[youtube]VNGaY8o3yvo[/youtube]

She was legal.........right?

Whoaaa :eek:

:bow:

kristie

Reaction score
kmp77;3833147 said:
That girl from Austin with the super nice booooo-tayyy! I think she was the one that was luvvydubby with her boyfriend. White dress....when the camera went to the rear view my jaw hit the floor.

[youtube]VNGaY8o3yvo[/youtube]

She was legal.........right?

poor girl had to quit the show in last night's episode because she was sick. really sick.

kristie

Reaction score
here it is: tonight the remaining contestants went to las vegas & performed beatles songs. there were lots of great performances, too many to point out, & some that just didn't work. who here watched(i know someone here already started a thread on this part of the competition)?

couchscout

Reaction score
kristie;3855697 said:
here it is: tonight the remaining contestants went to las vegas & performed beatles songs. there were lots of great performances, too many to point out, & some that just didn't work. who here watched(i know someone here already started a thread on this part of the competition)?

I'm blown away Chris Medina got sent home. I really liked him throughout the whole process and really liked his final performance. He just seems like someone that would just keep getting better.

Seems to me and my girl that the guy talent is heads and shoulders above the girls. Outside of Lauren there aren't any really stand out girls, while the guys have James Durbin, Casey, Clint, that black dude with the crazy range whose name is slipping me right now and probably a few others.

Should be a fun season.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
I was sad to see Medina go, I still like his band's original stuff. He's got a very good voice but he couldn't translate it to the live performances Idol demands...

This season is gonna be crazy. I don't think I've seen this much talent on this show ever...

yimyammer

Reaction score
kristie;3850868 said:
i sure do. i thought at the time that it was crazy that he did that, but i guess he knew something that we didn't.

I dont know how anyone could have missed it if they watched the show, she was virtually flawless every week. I still get chills watching her sing that Heart song on YouTube

yimyammer

Reaction score
Never been an Aerosmith fan but after watching the show this year, I've become a Steven Tyler fan, he seems like a cool dude

kristie

Reaction score
xout;3855705 said:
I was sad to see Medina go, I still like his band's original stuff. He's got a very good voice but he couldn't translate it to the live performances Idol demands...

This season is gonna be crazy. I don't think I've seen this much talent on this show ever...

i haven't either. i think finding a winner is going to be much harder then it has been in seasons past.