American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3825991 said:
And the guys have not been very successful. David Cook did alright, but Kris Allen? Lee Dewyze?

So yeah, they are desperate for a female. They will probably mold Lauren into a country bumpkin.

his first post-idol album sold over a million copies & his tour was very successful(i went to one of his shows & met him afterwards. such a nice guy)so i would consider that more then "alright".

as for lauren, she does have a voice that i think is just right for country music, but i think that she could surprise us.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
kristie;3826163 said:
as for lauren, she does have a voice that i think is just right for country music, but i think that she could surprise us.
It's obvious that she is the chosen one after all of the things Nigel has said about her and trying hard to come up with a sob story for her. But, he'd do well to not push her into the country role. She'd have more success as a cross over artist than straight country, imo. That may be his plans for her anyway as it's obvious he wants his Taylor Swift. But if she were to countrify every song she'd lose a lot of fans for the purpose of the show.

I do find it interesting that this girl gets a pass, from many Idol enthusiast, for "exploiting" (not my word) her cousin that has brain cancer but Medina gets crucified.

Maybe some fans just don't realize that these contestants don't have much control over the AI machine. If the producers want a sob story they're gonna put one out there. Now if the contestant talks about said sob story every time a mic is in their face then that's a bit Gokey.

I'm really not a fan of either. I think they both can sing well. But, having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Lauren wins this season. Unless the masses gets fed up with the pimping she is getting.

kristie

Reaction score
Go Big D!;3826423 said:
It's obvious that she is the chosen one after all of the things Nigel has said about her and trying hard to come up with a sob story for her. But, he'd do well to not push her into the country role. She'd have more success as a cross over artist than straight country, imo. That may be his plans for her anyway as it's obvious he wants his Taylor Swift. But if she were to countrify every song she'd lose a lot of fans for the purpose of the show.

I do find it interesting that this girl gets a pass, from many Idol enthusiast, for "exploiting" (not my word) her cousin that has brain cancer but Medina gets crucified.

Maybe some fans just don't realize that these contestants don't have much control over the AI machine. If the producers want a sob story they're gonna put one out there. Now if the contestant talks about said sob story every time a mic is in their face then that's a bit Gokey.

I'm really not a fan of either. I think they both can sing well. But, having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Lauren wins this season. Unless the masses gets fed up with the pimping she is getting.

remember in season 3 fantasia got pimped to the extreme & won. her career, however, is a different story so i'm hoping that if lauren does win, her career doesn't stink like fantasia's has or is pretty much non-existant like lee dewyze's, whose album i bought & like a lot.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
kristie;3826431 said:
remember in season 3 fantasia got pimped to the extreme & won. her career, however, is a different story so i'm hoping that if lauren does win, her career doesn't stink like fantasia's has or is pretty much non-existant like lee dewyze's, whose album i bought & like a lot.

Yep. But for every Fantasia there's a Chris Daughtry.
He was pimped so hard people thought he was safe and stopped voting.

Maybe they have perfected their pimping percentage by now? :laugh2:

kristie

Reaction score
Go Big D!;3826433 said:
Yep. But for every Fantasia there's a Chris Daughtry.
He was pimped so hard people thought he was safe and stopped voting.

Maybe they have perfected their pimping percentage by now? :laugh2:
something tells me that they haven't. look at adam lambert. pimped to the extreme yet he lost. oh well. :laugh1:

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3826438 said:
What has become of the blond dreaded girl that got second place to Lee?

crystal? she's doing OK. her album has outsold lee's but only by 4000 copies, & that's not saying much despite her album being pretty good(i downloaded it recently).

kristie

Reaction score
tonight's episode was the austin auditions. who stood out to you guys?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kristie;3831277 said:
tonight's episode was the austin auditions. who stood out to you guys?
Last guy was amazing and a huge surprise.

kristie

Reaction score
all i have to say about the los angeles auditions is: WEAK!!!:banghead:

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think I finally found someone I like.

Karen Rodriguez. Nice voice and personality.

But for the most part LA=Boo.

kmp77

Reaction score
That girl from Austin with the super nice booooo-tayyy! I think she was the one that was luvvydubby with her boyfriend. White dress....when the camera went to the rear view my jaw hit the floor.

[youtube]VNGaY8o3yvo[/youtube]

She was legal.........right?

kristie

Reaction score
kmp77;3833147 said:
That girl from Austin with the super nice booooo-tayyy! I think she was the one that was luvvydubby with her boyfriend. White dress....when the camera went to the rear view my jaw hit the floor.

[youtube]VNGaY8o3yvo[/youtube]

She was legal.........right?

yes she was. ;)

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3833124 said:
I think I finally found someone I like.

Karen Rodriguez. Nice voice and personality.

But for the most part LA=Boo.

i liked her too. one of the rare bright spots during the LA auditions.

kristie

Reaction score
san francisco is the audition city for tonight's episode. let's hope plenty of talent emerge from the city by the bay.