American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
yimyammer;3855719 said:
I dont know how anyone could have missed it if they watched the show, she was virtually flawless every week. I still get chills watching her sing that Heart song on YouTube

me too. that performance was amazing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't know what happened in the last week. Maybe it was that they finally got to the point where American Idol is beginning to coach them. But up until this week I was not that impressed with this group. After last night's show (a show I was dreading because it was a Beatles show and Beatles songs are usually terrible on AI), I think this is far and away the most talented AI group in its history. It's not even really close. It was jaw-dropping performance after jaw-dropping performance. Some of these guys look like they're already professionals.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season now.

yimyammer

Reaction score
theogt;3855892 said:
I don't know what happened in the last week. Maybe it was that they finally got to the point where American Idol is beginning to coach them. But up until this week I was not that impressed with this group. After last night's show (a show I was dreading because it was a Beatles show and Beatles songs are usually terrible on AI), I think this is far and away the most talented AI group in its history. It's not even really close. It was jaw-dropping performance after jaw-dropping performance. Some of these guys look like they're already professionals.

My thoughts as well

xout

Believer
Reaction score
theogt;3855892 said:

The vocal talent is so deep this year I think that the top 3 or so are gonna have to set themselves apart with originality and stage presence more than ever. Luckilly for us, I don't think that's going to be a problem for most of them.

kristie

Reaction score
xout;3856112 said:
The vocal talent is so deep this year I think that the top 3 or so are gonna have to set themselves apart with originality and stage presence more than ever. Luckilly for us, I don't think that's going to be a problem for most of them.

i agree. it is going to be very hard.

kristie

Reaction score
xout;3855705 said:
I was sad to see Medina go, I still like his band's original stuff. He's got a very good voice but he couldn't translate it to the live performances Idol demands...

This season is gonna be crazy. I don't think I've seen this much talent on this show ever...

j-lo was sad to see him go too. so sad, in fact, that she started crying.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Im liking the girls a lot so far.

My favorites are in no order:
Ashthon
Pia
Karen
Lauren
Julie
Naima

none of the guys have my attention yet

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
xout;3856112 said:

Agreed. Every year they say the same crap about it being the best talent Ever, but I think they really meant it this year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3856774 said:

Ashthon
Pia
Karen
Lauren
Julie
Naima

Curly haired dude and the guy from Nashville are both phenomenal.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;3856896 said:

Not yet...I live under water, how would I know? It's not on right now. It might sound way good..

Or, maybe niot...

;) :p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say, Steven Tyler is already one of the best judges they've ever had. He feels music. It's in him and he sees what the kids have inside. Simon had marketing savvy, he has music savvy in spades. I've always liked Randy, so I'm glad he is in chair 1. Never have like J-Lo, but she's been better than Paula, Kara, and Ellen.

The show may go on past this year after all. I thought it would die.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Brett over Colton? Bleh

I could hear Scotty on the radio singing those Josh Turner-like tunes. But, hes not versatile enough for a show like Idol. However, I think this exposure will land him a record deal.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Hostile;3856995 said:
Well, I gotta say, Steven Tyler is already one of the best judges they've ever had. He feels music. It's in him and he sees what the kids have inside. Simon had marketing savvy, he has music savvy in spades. I've always liked Randy, so I'm glad he is in chair 1. Never have like J-Lo, but she's been better than Paula, Kara, and Ellen.

The show may go on past this year after all. I thought it would die.

Tyler is an awesome judge. JLo is the weakest but she, like you said, is so much better than Paula or Kara. I miss Simon's abrupt honesty, but overall these judges are great. It's like watching a different show. This season is looking to be great.

However, anything could be better than last year. I betcha there are at least 2 or 3 that didn't make it into the top 24 that could have given Bowersox or DeWyze a run for their money last season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
xout;3857014 said:
Tyler is an awesome judge. JLo is the weakest but she, like you said, is so much better than Paula or Kara. I miss Simon's abrupt honesty, but overall these judges are great. It's like watching a different show. This season is looking to be great.

However, anything could be better than last year. I betcha there are at least 2 or 3 that didn't make it into the top 24 that could have given Bowersox or DeWyze a run for their money last season.
Last year was awful, I agree. The biggest thing for me was Ellen as a judge.

Dennis Miller was better in the MNF booth.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3857026 said:
Last year was awful, I agree. The biggest thing for me was Ellen as a judge.

Dennis Miller was better in the MNF booth.

same here. loved ellen as a judge.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
So top 24 is set.

Boys

1. Stefano Langone
2. Brett Loewenstern
3. Casey Abrams
4. James Durbin
5. Jovany Barreto
6. Jordan Dorsey
7. Scotty McCreery
8. Clint Jun Gamboa
9. Robbie Rosen
10. Paul McDonald
11. Jacob Lusk
12. Tim Halperin

Girls

1. Karen Rodriguez
2. Lauren Alaina
3. Pia Toscano
4. Rachel Zevita
5. Lauren Turner
6. Kendra Chantelle
7. Ashthon Jones
8. Naima Adedapo
9. Julie Zorrilla
10. Haley Reinhart
11. Ta-Tynisa Wilson
12. Thia Megia

My money is still on Paul McDonald.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3856774 said:

Ashthon
Pia
Karen
Lauren
Julie
Naima

Wow, Casey and Paul are both very good.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
kristie;3857054 said:
same here. loved ellen as a judge.

Did I misread what he said? I thought he meant she was terrible, which is exactly what i thought. She had no business being a music judge.