American Idol season 8

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2703884 said:
Except for the ton of makeup.....kinda

funny my wife kept commenting that he must have a horrible complexion because he was wearing dead peoples makeup.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2704087 said:
funny my wife kept commenting that he must have a horrible complexion because he was wearing dead peoples makeup.

They put his make up on with a trowel. Pam Anderson wears less makeup than he did last night. :laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2704072 said:
It's because he has pipes. I mean, like Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame pipes. To me, his voice isn't as appealing as the latter, but the guy is on pitch almost always. You either like his voice or you don't.

I didn't know screeching was a pitch :laugh1:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I think that the contestants singing a different genre every week is annoying. There is no way some contestants should have to sing country while others are made to sing Michael Jackson or MoTown. If the contenstant is a rocker, then let them sing rock, if they are a country singer let them sing country. They might as well have all the contestants take a week and sing opera.

The contestants should be allowed to pick any song they want out of their genre and sing it the way they want. I would bet Megan could sing Blues very well while she has no chance at MOTown. No way Adam should be made to sing country. It just does not work.

I don't think the voters care who sings the most genres well, they are looking for what they sing best.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2704353 said:
I think that the contestants singing a different genre every week is annoying. There is no way some contestants should have to sing country while others are made to sing Michael Jackson or MoTown. If the contenstant is a rocker, then let them sing rock, if they are a country singer let them sing country. They might as well have all the contestants take a week and sing opera.

The contestants should be allowed to pick any song they want out of their genre and sing it the way they want. I would bet Megan could sing Blues very well while she has no chance at MOTown. No way Adam should be made to sing country. It just does not work.

I don't think the voters care who sings the most genres well, they are looking for what they sing best.

They don't have to sing the songs in that style. They just have to choose a song written by someone in that genre. Last year David Cooke did a rock version of Billie Jean.

ethiostar

Reaction score
BTW, this thing (don't know what to call it) between Paula and Simon is really annoying.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2704087 said:

Your wife is spot on with the horrible complexion. He has extremely noticeable pock marks on his face that the lighting and makeup cant hide.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
They got it right this time. He should have been gone already. Tonight was the first time I have watched the results show and I have to say the singing for your life this is a terrible change.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2704072 said:
It's because he has pipes. I mean, like Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame pipes. To me, his voice isn't as appealing as the latter, but the guy is on pitch almost always. You either like his voice or you don't.
Actually, he was off-pitch quite a bit, even though it was a really nice performance.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I did not think Matt was going to be in the bottom 3. That was surprising and I cant stop staring at that mole in the middle of his forehead. I wonder if he would consider doing what Enrique Iglesias did?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2705293 said:
I did not think Matt was going to be in the bottom 3. That was surprising and I cant stop staring at that mole in the middle of his forehead. I wonder if he would consider doing what Enrique Iglesias did?
Probably because he was first and people forgot about him by the end of the show.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2705293 said:

There is always a surprise in the bottom 3. I doubt very seriously that's how the voting really goes. :laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;2704447 said:
BTW, this thing (don't know what to call it) between Paula and Simon is really annoying.
You know, I think Paula is the rudest judge by far. No, she doesn't harshly criticize the contestants, but she constantly interrupts Simon. I think Randy booing when Simon is introduced is rude too. They are far ruder than he is.

I am nearing the point where I can't stand Paula.

Regarding last night's show and tonight. Stevie Wonder can still sing his rear end off. I think he is one of the all time greats of any genre of music and if someone doesn't like his music their taste is all in their mouth.

Matt in the bottom 2 was wrong. Dead wrong. Should have been Megan.

I'm pissed about Scott, the blind guy being in the bottom 3. He's from Arizona. Therefore he's my dog in the fight.

Adam is going to have divided opinions about him. I think that's crazy because the fool can sing, but to each his own.

If Scott does not win it, I am rooting for Alison. Last night I thought she was as good as anyone has ever been on that show. Little girl is amazing.

Lastly, Motown week is my favorite week every year. Smokey Robinson explaining "Tracks of My Tears" to Adam was very cool.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2705354 said:
You know, I think Paula is the rudest judge by far. No, she doesn't harshly criticize the contestants, but she constantly interrupts Simon. I think Randy booing when Simon is introduced is rude too. They are far ruder than he is.

I am nearing the point where I can't stand Paula.

Regarding last night's show and tonight. Stevie Wonder can still sing his rear end off. I think he is one of the all time greats of any genre of music and if someone doesn't like his music their taste is all in their mouth.

Matt in the bottom 2 was wrong. Dead wrong. Should have been Megan.

I'm pissed about Scott, the blind guy being in the bottom 3. He's from Arizona. Therefore he's my dog in the fight.

Adam is going to have divided opinions about him. I think that's crazy because the fool can sing, but to each his own.

If Scott does not win it, I am rooting for Alison. Last night I thought she was as good as anyone has ever been on that show. Little girl is amazing.

Lastly, Motown week is my favorite week every year. Smokey Robinson explaining "Tracks of My Tears" to Adam was very cool.

Stevie IS still the man. I didn't realize how much weight he had gained over the years. Hope it doesn't cause him too much health problems.

I agree Matt didn't deserve to be in the bottom three. Megan, AKA, twisty, should have been there instead. As someone pointed out earlier, i think the producers do it on purpose. I refuse to believe the public had a hand in that decision.

Scott is good, but he is a bit nasally for my test. Adam has a voice and can sing, but Imo, it is suited for a very particular kind of music, without too much flexibility. Although he did surprise me last night. You're right though, he is one of those singers who you like or hate.

I predicted a few weeks ago that Alison would take it at the end. I though Lil Rounds would give her a run for the money but Lil let me down big time last night and Alison blew it out of the park. The girl can sing, period.

As for the judges, i think Randy boos Simon just to get the audience pumped up. Paula is just stoned out of her skull, i'm surprised she manages to stay awake the entire time. But this thing between her and Simon, the flirting or whatever it is, is irritating. They're like school children and it's becoming very unprofessional.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;2705380 said:
As for the judges, i think Randy boos Simon just to get the audience pumped up. Paula is just stoned out of her skull, i'm surprised she manages to stay awake the entire time. But this thing between her and Simon, the flirting or whatever it is, is irritating. They're like school children and it's becoming very unprofessional.
I think if Simon booed Randy's introduction there would be an uproar. He calmly takes it and doesn't care.

Paula is a train wreck. I think constantly interrupting someone is one of the worst kinds of rudeness. Dump her and got with the new girl Kara. Infinitely better as a judge and clearly knows what she is talking about.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;2705400 said:
I think if Simon booed Randy's introduction there would be an uproar. He calmly takes it and doesn't care.

Paula is a train wreck. I think constantly interrupting someone is one of the worst kinds of rudeness. Dump her and got with the new girl Kara. Infinitely better as a judge and clearly knows what she is talking about.

My personal theory is that, that is precisely why the new girl is there. I think this season is a sort of transition stage for American Idol next season in which Paula is gone and replaced with Kara. At least that is my hope.