American Idol season 8

kristie

Reaction score
ethiostar;2705414 said:
My personal theory is that, that is precisely why the new girl is there. I think this season is a sort of transition stage for American Idol next season in which Paula is gone and replaced with Kara. At least that is my hope.

mine too. i like kara.

MrMom

Reaction score
theogt;2705368 said:
Scott's terrible, though.

I concur. Really dull and his voice is pretty average compared to the rest. He seems to be a great pianist, but that's not what this competition is about. I'm tired of Kris, too. Why play guitar if we can't hear it?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MrMom;2705817 said:
I concur. Really dull and his voice is pretty average compared to the rest. He seems to be a great pianist, but that's not what this competition is about. I'm tired of Kris, too. Why play guitar if we can't hear it?

He's not playing it. He might be strumming it but not really playing.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I really like Kris voice a lot. He is not as good as Danny but the guy can sing. He does not have a lot of charisma on stage but the guy has a great voice.

Top 5 should be Allison, Danny, Adam(tho I hate listening to him), Kris, and Lil not neccarily in that order. I hope Lil rebounds next week but she has really bombed the last two weeks.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with what has been said about the judges in the previous few posts. I've gotten to the point where I just fast forward from Randy to Simon and skip the two women.

I think the new girl is annoying and Paula is just too nice and doesn't have anything critical to say.

I've agreed with Simon the whole time. Sure, he's cold at times, but it's criticism...and don't think Michael talking back to Simon didn't hurt him. Simon was right...it was constructive criticism and you have to take it and use it to get better.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;2705247 said:
Actually, he was off-pitch quite a bit, even though it was a really nice performance.

What is your credibility for determining whether he was off/on pitch or not? Are you a singer? A voice coach? Do you have perfect or near perfect pitch?

I've listened to that performance several times played back on DVR. "Tracks of My Tears" was by far, his best performance in the competition and he was on pitch. Just because his voice is high doesn't mean he's off pitch.

kristie

Reaction score
ethiostar;2704447 said:
BTW, this thing (don't know what to call it) between Paula and Simon is really annoying.

yeah it is. i just wish they would stop it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny kicked some major booty but for once Allison didn't

Anoop and Megan were terrible

I had to mute the tv when Adam came on

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I finally understand why the contestants don't pick the genres. At least when they pick MoTown, Country, The Beetles, etc, there is a chance someone will sing a song I like. As it was tonight when they got the chance I only knew one or two songs.

Again tonight I was disappointed in Lil. I keep hoping she blows up and has a great performance but again she disappoints.

Adams can sing but he annoys me more than Sanjaya. I want him to go away but there is no way the judges will let him go before the final two. The guy has $$$ written all over him.

I wish that Kris got more love. The guy can sing his butt off but just does not have enough stage presence. Tonight he was my favorite, followed by Danny and Allison. Give Kris the confidence of Adam or Danny and he would be tops in every performance.

Bottom three tomorrow has to be Megan, Annop and Matt with Megan going home. I would have thought she would have done better tonight but she was lousy. Pretty girl that can go do some modelling.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2711398 said:
I finally understand why the contestants don't pick the genres. At least when they pick MoTown, Country, The Beetles, etc, there is a chance someone will sing a song I like. As it was tonight when they got the chance I only knew one or two songs.

Again tonight I was disappointed in Lil. I keep hoping she blows up and has a great performance but again she disappoints.

Adams can sing but he annoys me more than Sanjaya. I want him to go away but there is no way the judges will let him go before the final two. The guy has $$$ written all over him.

I wish that Kris got more love. The guy can sing his butt off but just does not have enough stage presence. Tonight he was my favorite, followed by Danny and Allison. Give Kris the confidence of Adam or Danny and he would be tops in every performance.

Bottom three tomorrow has to be Megan, Annop and Matt with Megan going home. I would have thought she would have done better tonight but she was lousy. Pretty girl that can go do some modelling.

I pretty much agree with you. Megan is by far the worst one left.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Kris was by far the best. He sang one of my favorite songs 'Ain't no sunshine' and he sang it well. I've heard just about every version of that song out there and i was bracing my self but he did a great job.

Adam, as much as he annoys, did a good job tonight.

I didn't see Anoop, Danny,or Megan.

Lil was a disappointment again.

Matt was pretty bad as well.

Scott did ok, but again, he's too nasal for my taste.

Allison could have done much better. i think she just needed to relax a bit.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP. I am an Adam Lambert fan, but that was just all sorts of wrong. That was not current. It was corny.

Danny got overpraised. He was not that great. This night was craptacular. The only performer worth praise was Kris. Allison was not as bad as the judges made her out to be.

Predictions for Bottom 3

Matt, Megan, Allison
Going Home: Megan
Should go home: Scott. ZZZZZZZZ (but he wont be in the B3, so Megan.)

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Something is confusing me about Adam. I have seen his youtube music, and it sounds NOTHING like the music he is singing on Idol. So who is the real Adam, the youtube or what we are seeing on Idol? I still dont know where his market will be. What genre does he fit into?? Adam is confusing me.

Allison is set. She knows who she is, I know who she is, and the girl needs to get signed. She has so much potential and only 16! She wont win, but give the girl a contract.

kmp77

Reaction score
Danny is my fav but tonight, Kris was the only one that did a good job. Everyone else either picked the wrong song or was just plain boring. Very underwhelming night.

kristie

Reaction score
danny & kris were great tonight. scott, at least, did better then he did last week. lil, again, disappointed me. i really want her to do well. i'm worried about matt because i do like him but he didn't do great tonight. hated adam's performance. allison was OK. hated her outfit & her hair. :eek: anoop & megan were terrible.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Anybody else over Scott? I mean come on..the guy is a complete snoozefest, I fast foward on my Tivo everytime he's on..

and can someone please get rid of Anoop!! what a joke! He's a computer nerd that tried to be Usher..it's just embarrasing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Megan definitely needs to go. That was awful. In the promo before the song she predicted she'd knock it out of the park. I don't think she meant her own butt.

Matt & Anoop stunk. They should be the bottom 3.

Best of the night was Kris. Danny was also good and Adam is the one you will remember.

I think Lil is confused by the criticisms. She's focused on simply singing well and she does. The judges want to be blown away by a performance.

Ya'll can hate on my Arizona guy, Scott, all you want. I thought he was great last night.

Allison is the one I think will end up out selling everyone else. Who cares how she was dressed? Was Cyndi Lauper a fashion model or could she simply sing her quirky *** off? Allison should shock the hell out of everyone by doing a soulful ballad, in an evening gown, with her natural hair color instead of the red dye. Not a doubt in my mind she will make it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2711835 said:
Megan definitely needs to go. That was awful. In the promo before the song she predicted she'd knock it out of the park. I don't think she meant her own butt.

Matt & Anoop stunk. They should be the bottom 3.

Best of the night was Kris. Danny was also good and Adam is the one you will remember.

I think Lil is confused by the criticisms. She's focused on simply singing well and she does. The judges want to be blown away by a performance.

Ya'll can hate on my Arizona guy, Scott, all you want. I thought he was great last night.

Allison is the one I think will end up out selling everyone else. Who cares how she was dressed? Was Cyndi Lauper a fashion model or could she simply sing her quirky *** off? Allison should shock the hell out of everyone by doing a soulful ballad, in an evening gown, with her natural hair color instead of the red dye. Not a doubt in my mind she will make it.

I literally mute the tv when Adam starts to sing. Yes he can perform but I hate his voice. That high pitched squealing is terrible.

Allison is great but last night wasn't her best and why have the guitar if you aren't going to play it.

Lil is my girl and I thought she was very good last night. The deal with her kids and Randy was a bit weird.

Danny was very good also but I agree Kris was probably the best of the night.

Scott was good but no where near great.

The bottom 3 should be Anoop, Megan, and Scott with Megan going home.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2711839 said:
I literally mute the tv when Adam starts to sing. Yes he can perform but I hate his voice. That high pitched squealing is terrible.

Allison is great but last night wasn't her best and why have the guitar if you aren't going to play it.

Lil is my girl and I thought she was very good last night. The deal with her kids and Randy was a bit weird.

Danny was very good also but I agree Kris was probably the best of the night.

Scott was good but no where near great.

The bottom 3 should be Anoop, Megan, and Scott with Megan going home.
Scott was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Matt last night.